Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hey Dealers- Care for your customers

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2024, 09:07 AM
blackland
Burning Brakes

Received 438 Likes on 255 Posts

I have found that online reviews do get noticed by the management. Whether they care or not I do not know?
The following users liked this post:
chance6 (02-28-2024)
Old 02-28-2024, 10:02 AM
chance6
Race Car

Received 1,504 Likes on 964 Posts

Originally Posted by mlrtime3
As you said, the cars sell themselves. Some of these dealers really don't need to do anything other than take checks or process the financing.

I didn't have as bad experience as you, but my experience was about the same as buying a toyota corolla. The customer really isn't respected anymore.
And when you want details corrected before buying, they often show their inherent laziness. This is only some. Others do a great job. The key is finding the good ones.
Motorin Mark (02-28-2024)
Old 02-28-2024, 10:03 AM
chance6
Race Car

Originally Posted by rdv
Helluva rant….. bad hair day perhaps?
I was actually trying to be nice.
Old 02-28-2024, 10:06 AM
chance6
Race Car

Originally Posted by GoTime
We had a similar experience last week. 2016 991 S. listed for $99k. went with friend who owns a cayman and looking at 911's. It went from "we don't test drive 911's" to "one second we will get it" after we said we both own porsches currently. Then he told us the car was listed correctly bc "they know the market." Nevermind that we found a dozen similar or better cars for 75-80k. So after we left and were chatting in the parking lot he came running out, "hey guys, come talk to my sales manager" - who then offered my friend the car for $93k. No thanks.
Absolute garbage scheisters.
Stealership behavior.
GoTime (02-28-2024)
Old 02-28-2024, 10:34 AM
Crusje
Racer

Received 262 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by chance6
Absolute garbage scheisters.
Stealership behavior.
I actually already have a 2s allocation but the dealer didn't have a 911 to test drive so I went somewhere else to test drive. It was a 2020 used 4s cab that was priced more than my current build. I go there and car was filthy, low coolant warning on the dashboard, and the left rear quarter panel would only close halfway. FInish the drive and he was like you should buy this car, we don't have any allocations right now but if you buy this we can build a relationship and you can trade it in when we have an allocation.
Do people actually buy something they don't want and lose a bunch of money in the process, just to build a "relationship" with a dealership? They also charge an extra 3k to cpo the car and extend the warranty. Do all dealers pass the cpo cost to the consumer?
​​​​​​​
The following 2 users liked this post by Crusje:
bmosing (02-28-2024), keebin (02-28-2024)
Old 02-28-2024, 10:35 AM
chong0
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 93 Posts

dealerrater.com

similar to google reviews, once an opinion is published it's very hard to get it removed unless done so by the author. numerous dealers react very quickly to reviews left here
Old 02-28-2024, 10:42 AM
Booth9999
Rennlist Member

Received 225 Likes on 114 Posts

Not sure why you won’t name them. Seems odd to protect them after what you went through. Like said above this is a worthless rant without naming and shaming the dealer. It’s ok you can fix it and save face for them! Good job?
Old 02-28-2024, 11:40 AM
Fishah
Burning Brakes

Received 1,533 Likes on 551 Posts

Name the dealer or this is a huge waste of a thread.
Boucherom (02-28-2024)
Old 02-28-2024, 01:51 PM
chance6
Race Car

I will eventually...gonna buy a GT3 first. Actually this thread is useful for the fact that others can leave their frustrations with other dealers. From the responses I'm getting, I'm not alone.
Old 02-28-2024, 01:59 PM
chance6
Race Car

Originally Posted by Booth9999
Not sure why you won’t name them. Seems odd to protect them after what you went through. Like said above this is a worthless rant without naming and shaming the dealer. It’s ok you can fix it and save face for them! Good job?
oh I'm not protecting them, believe me. I'm protecting myself for the moment.
Old 02-28-2024, 02:34 PM
shrimp money
Race Car

Received 5,334 Likes on 2,122 Posts

Originally Posted by rk-d
Maybe tie distribution of 911 and GT allocations to dealers as a function of their local sales at MSRP? Doesn't stop the dealer from getting their pound of flesh through trade in gouging or forced purchase of watches and service plans, but maybe it's better than nothing.
They should tie allocations to customer satisfaction scores.

It’s kind of like what they do for doctors with patient satisfaction scores.
Old 02-28-2024, 05:32 PM
JRoach
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

I'm curious, if there was an alternative to a dealer (US Market) that was owned by us, the car owner, would you be interested? Anybody that wanted a new car would be put in line (FIFO), pay sticker and the profit would go towards operating the dealer. We would hold a dealer license, maybe more than one, no sales staff just administration to help with the things that an owner needs. Any residual could go back to the owner to use on repair or ????
Old 02-28-2024, 09:19 PM
chance6
Race Car

Originally Posted by Crusje
I actually already have a 2s allocation but the dealer didn't have a 911 to test drive so I went somewhere else to test drive. It was a 2020 used 4s cab that was priced more than my current build. I go there and car was filthy, low coolant warning on the dashboard, and the left rear quarter panel would only close halfway. FInish the drive and he was like you should buy this car, we don't have any allocations right now but if you buy this we can build a relationship and you can trade it in when we have an allocation.
Do people actually buy something they don't want and lose a bunch of money in the process, just to build a "relationship" with a dealership? They also charge an extra 3k to cpo the car and extend the warranty. Do all dealers pass the cpo cost to the consumer?
Bunch of lazy B*stards. Unbelievable. And absolutely people buy cars they don't want to build up the spend profile. It's how you get into an RS!! Paying your dues! And YES they always pass that CPO right along to you, the fortunate customer.
Old 02-28-2024, 10:29 PM
Biohazard
Racer

Received 176 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by chong0
dealerrater.com

similar to google reviews, once an opinion is published it's very hard to get it removed unless done so by the author. numerous dealers react very quickly to reviews left here
Nice never heard of this one.
Old 02-28-2024, 10:33 PM
Motorin Mark
Pro

Received 448 Likes on 216 Posts

While I won't go into quite the rant of the OP, I do agree with most everything he is saying about the current state of Porsche dealers. I think I can submit as to why we are seeing things changing rapidly in the auto sales businesses.

I work for Honda motorcycles (45 years now, so you do the math on my age) It used to be that the guy that opened up a new motorcycle dealership was a true motorcycle enthusiast. Slowly over the last say 15 years, that has vanished and now mostly folks that open and/or purchase a motorcycle dealership are Auto guys that just want to make a buck and think selling and making money in the motorcycle industry will be cake walk compared to auto's. I'm not going to go into how wrong they sadly are but......It is waaaaay harder to make money selling motorcycles than it is selling cars. Heck at Honda we currently have over 62 different models of bikes/atv/sxs/scooters to learn/sell/service. A Nissan dealer has what 8 or so models to sell? How hard can it be to learn about 8 different models. How many different models does Porsche have? Not that many.

These car guys come in, have the assets available to open/buy a Honda motorcycle store but they are not motorcycle enthusiasts, they are car guys. Thus they have no clue as to what they are doing, Don't know how to hire and train a proper crew to work for them, don't sell many bikes, and get lots of poor google reviews.....Yet they keep going and really don't seem to give a damn as their car stores are keeping them going just fine. Thus their customer service skills suck. All they are interested in is money.

In 1997 I purchased the very first BMW M3 sedan that just became available in the US from my local dealer (It even had a five speed manual) My sales guy was as exited about it as I was, he was a true sports car enthusiast! That was cool. Try to find that now, very difficult. And I think that is where we are at with most Porsche dealers these days. When I purchased my last 992, my S/A was a super nice, said she was new in the auto sales business and used to be a horse trainer. But she sure was not a car nor a Porsche enthusiast! Fortunately, like most of us here, I knew exactly what I wanted and understood that there was no "deal" to be had. I ordered my car and then went and picked it up when it came in. ADM and all. On my first 992, Car was not properly PDI'd when I went to pick it up, my paperwork was all f'd up and my drivers window was cracked and they did not notice it.....it ended up being a dealer buyback as the could not get my warrantied window replaced without breaking it.....What a fight that turned out to be. On my second 992, (a different dealer) two minor service dilemmas propped up, one during delivery and one during warranty work, very frustrating when spending $200K on a car. This dealer never called to check on said service work nor did they call to see if I wanted them to do my first free one year service. I did that myself knowing it is done correctly, (and yes I took pics).

So I guess my point is all of these cool bikes/cars stores have basically "money" guys running their dealerships with no or very little true enthusiasts still in the businesses. (and yes, I know there are a few really good S/A's out there, so I'm not picking on everybody) We, the folks spending our hard earned money are the true Porsche enthusiasts. I guess it is just something we will have to adjust to, because until the factories get involved policing these dealerships or allowing us to purchase directly (like Tesla), I personally don't see it changing anytime soon.

Last edited by Motorin Mark; 02-28-2024 at 10:36 PM. Reason: spelling
The following 2 users liked this post by Motorin Mark:
chance6 (02-29-2024), Kevin_ (02-28-2024)

Quick Reply: Hey Dealers- Care for your customers