Sponsored by:

Hey Dealers- Care for your customers

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2024, 08:32 PM
chance6
Race Car

Received 1,504 Likes on 964 Posts

Originally Posted by Dirty Jacket
I will go out of my way and wait patiently to not do business with Porsche dealers and dealers in general. I have the money and they bring the arrogance while they drive home in their Camrys. No thanks.
Believe me, this may be the last Porsche I ever buy. Retiring to Mexico at some point in 10 years (or spending at least 6 months per year there) sounds very appealing; don't need a Porsche (or a car) there.
The whole dealer experience since 2021 has really sucked. Big time. The laziness, the behavior, the arrogance, the lack of knowledge, the simple focus on the almighty dollar and nothing else. It's f* pathetic. I'm not really a Mustang guy but some of those people are true enthusiasts and care about motoring. Porsche needs to totally revamp their dealer network.
The following 2 users liked this post by chance6:
Booth9999 (03-04-2024), PMAA (03-04-2024)
Old 03-04-2024, 08:33 PM
chance6
Race Car

Originally Posted by achilleas101
ok so you got the car? Now you can name names!

Why do i want to guess you're talking about Penske owned dealers....
NOT talking about Penske dealers...haven't dealt with them much but they've been OK to me.
Old 03-04-2024, 08:54 PM
rm4enjoyit
Advanced

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

The first challenge is getting one, the second is getting it serviced at the dealership. I was told by an SA that all "premium" car dealers are the same, "not our problem once it is out the door."
Old 03-05-2024, 09:09 AM
AJ_Judi
Instructor

Received 70 Likes on 49 Posts

@chance6 I will get my 911 very soon and its my first one so I don't have any previous experience and/or after purchase experience but I can tell you that I was amazed about the lack of knowledge with my SA during the investigation I was doing to purchase one... I had even asked about a specific color (Ice Grey) that on the computer screen looks white and whether they have a car with this color in the dealership so I can take a look.. They said NO... when I walk out on the show room there was an Ice Grey Panamera right there outside his office!!!! and he didn't know.... The issue is that these cars sell themselves and there is no need for an SA.. they are just sitting there taking orders...
The following users liked this post:
Icegrill (03-05-2024)
Old 03-05-2024, 10:57 AM
Newusername
Rennlist Member

Received 310 Likes on 121 Posts

I've had the opposite problem, the local dealer to me (Porsche of Halifax) gets very few allocations so they tend to go to the few lucky ones who have already been buying cars for years there however they are honest and the service department is the best service ive had anywhere. I had to buy my current car from across the country at the Calgary dealer, they were very good to deal with but clearly not local and my first 911 was bought from Ottawa, also excellet service but not local. I have zero complains with the service at any of them, I just wish the Halifax dealer would get more allocations as they are serving 4 provinces.
Old 03-05-2024, 07:45 PM
chance6
Race Car

Originally Posted by AJ_Judi
@chance6 I will get my 911 very soon and its my first one so I don't have any previous experience and/or after purchase experience but I can tell you that I was amazed about the lack of knowledge with my SA during the investigation I was doing to purchase one... I had even asked about a specific color (Ice Grey) that on the computer screen looks white and whether they have a car with this color in the dealership so I can take a look.. They said NO... when I walk out on the show room there was an Ice Grey Panamera right there outside his office!!!! and he didn't know.... The issue is that these cars sell themselves and there is no need for an SA.. they are just sitting there taking orders...
Lazy, lack of knowledge bastards!

Quick Reply: Hey Dealers- Care for your customers