Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket exhaust options w/o tunes

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2024 | 10:17 AM
Tobeit
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MiamiDad
sounds great. I have deleted the cats and done the valve mod, but now i am looking for muffler. Are you happy with IPE..hows the drone? what part of of florida are you at?
I am very happy with it. It is fairly loud (cold start is a bit over the tip) and I would not say drone but at low RPM it makes the entire cabin shake a little. I call it car show mode I do get compliments and questions about it all the time even from Porsche owners.
I am in central Florida just south of cape canaveral.
Old 09-26-2024 | 11:43 AM
vern1
Race Car

I have the Sharkwerks race exhaust with stock cats so no cel obviously. Bought it this way

It is the most aggressive "muffler" you can get as its basically straight pipes from the cats. Lots of turbo spool and very nice and aggressive when you get on it.

However there is drone for sure so depends how sensitive you are to it. Its right around 2k so if you are driving aggressively then you wont really notice it (and will love the sound). If your cruising on the hwy then you need to manage the rpm's to stay on either side of 2k or live with it. I usually play music fairly loud jut cruising so dont really notice it
The following users liked this post:
Ao8 (09-27-2024)
Old 09-26-2024 | 11:44 AM
vern1
Race Car

Oh and cold start is insane!
Old 09-26-2024 | 11:54 AM
Tobeit
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Tobeit
I am very happy with it. It is fairly loud (cold start is a bit over the tip) and I would not say drone but at low RPM it makes the entire cabin shake a little. I call it car show mode I do get compliments and questions about it all the time even from Porsche owners.
I am in central Florida just south of cape canaveral.
Forgot to mention that I do have the valve controller and car show mode is with valves open and the combo of that and IPS SS is what makes it pretty loud and shake at low RPM.

Originally Posted by vern1
I have the Sharkwerks race exhaust with stock cats so no cel obviously. Bought it this way

It is the most aggressive "muffler" you can get as its basically straight pipes from the cats. Lots of turbo spool and very nice and aggressive when you get on it.

However there is drone for sure so depends how sensitive you are to it. Its right around 2k so if you are driving aggressively then you wont really notice it (and will love the sound). If your cruising on the hwy then you need to manage the rpm's to stay on either side of 2k or live with it. I usually play music fairly loud jut cruising so dont really notice it
That's the reason I picked a valved muffler like the IPS and added the valve controller - if I want to cruise I simply keep the valves in OEM mode, when I want to have it loud I open the valves.
Old 09-27-2024 | 08:52 AM
vern1
Race Car

Well I bought it like that but can understand the benefit of having valves for when you are just cruising. I considered looking at valved options but none of them give you the option of this level of aggressiveness and at the end of the day I just didnt feel it was worth the cost to change it
Old 09-27-2024 | 10:47 AM
Tobeit
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by vern1
Well I bought it like that but can understand the benefit of having valves for when you are just cruising. I considered looking at valved options but none of them give you the option of this level of aggressiveness and at the end of the day I just didnt feel it was worth the cost to change it
if it works for you that what only matters. I do need to be able to quiet it down or my wife would not want to ride with me longer than a few minutes. Would love to hear a valveless and valved aftermarket exhaust with valves fully open side by side.
Old 10-04-2024 | 10:26 AM
jezzaa
Advanced

I installed the capristo 250cell sport cats today, paired with the Akra slip on I already had installed previously. Mine is an OPF car. Capristo claims there will be no CEL and from my very short drive home there is indeed no CEL so far.

cold start with the sport cats+akra slip on now is about 10-15% louder than what it was before with Akra + stock cats.

turbo spools and whistles are now audible from in and outside the cabin. Tone hasn’t changed from before but volume across the rev range has gone up a decent bit (20%?).

close to no drone while cruising on the highway and feels civilized to me when driving in normal mode with valves closed.

Only ‘negative’ is the even louder cold start but I do think a slip on plus sport cats is the way to go.

YMMV if your car is not OPF monitored though, since I expect that it’ll be even louder than what my OPF monitored car is.

Last edited by jezzaa; 10-04-2024 at 10:27 AM.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket exhaust options w/o tunes