Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally got my C4 GTS Allocation!

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2024 | 06:58 PM
nyca
Drifting

Originally Posted by gthal
The only thing I have a hard time with is the body coloured trim on the interior. I've seen one 911 with it and it overpowered the interior in my opinion. But that's just me and if you love it, get it.
What color was the car? Sure, you don't want white trim for example. But on a GT Silver car, the trim is like an aluminum color anyway except it matches the exterior precisely.
Old 02-29-2024 | 07:39 PM
gthal
Pro

Originally Posted by nyca
What color was the car? Sure, you don't want white trim for example. But on a GT Silver car, the trim is like an aluminum color anyway except it matches the exterior precisely.
Shark blue.
Old 02-29-2024 | 08:11 PM
dgilliam911
Cruisin'

Default Congrats!

Originally Posted by TheDrivenGarage
I am a new to Porsche owner with no prior relationship with a dealer. In April of 2022 I put down a deposit for a C4 GTS and was told it would be about 2 years, potentially less for an allocation. Deal would be MSRP and they would try for ED (we put it on the order demand). In the two years since, I checked in from time to time, passed on a Taycan allocation because I saw the writing on the wall on EV values. Had a GTS land locally at another dealer with a 15k ADM that i passed on. Was about to start hunting for a T allocation instead. Well last week I got the email from Porsche and the call from my SA, my allocation was awarded! So for those waiting, there is hope that eventually it will come through.

My freeze point is currently listed as 3/10/24 with production starting 4/10/24. Right now it says European Delivery but doesn't give me a date. So I am not sure that's going on hold or not? ED was on my.order demand from the beginning, so I thought whenever I got my allocation it would be ED. But when I emailed the ED team they said I may be built too far in advance of the next delivery slot. Hmm. Will follow up on that with my SA today.
  • For those that have done ED, did your allocation come locked for ED from the start or did you still have to go through a process to make it happen after you got your allocation.
This is my build.

PRARXWC2

*** BUILD UPDATED*** per post below. Current code is: PRXX3LF1

Here is my thinking on the main options, let me know if based on your experiences any of this is flawed logic.
  • Overall, this will mainly be a grand touring car. I will take it all around the US and Canada and hunt the best driving roads. I will do about 10-12k a year of trips. I don't flinch at the idea of running from Chicago to LA or to Seattle or both. I love driving. I will probably do 1-2 track days in the first year at most and will likely do less after that as I have a M2 that I use for track work.
  • I opted against PDCC and RAS as I don't mind some chassis movement in spirited driving and I am not hunting track times. I actually like to feel the dynamics a bit.
  • I got the PCCBs, because I always wanted a car with them, hate brake dust, and figure they will last me forever if mainly street driving.
  • I got the 14 way vs the 18 way because I am a bigger guy and have broad shoulders. I definitely need lumbar support for long trips and that ruled out the 4 way.
  • I actually like the GTS interior option but see above about seats and Alcantara on the center armrest and door armrest is a no go for me for durability. So I opted for the black with chalk stitching to add a little something extra to the interior, while being super durable and easy to clean.
  • I went for the aero kit as I like the look more than the deployed spoiler and I felt like it makes the car more special. Does anyone, who has it, regret getting it? Is it too bold to daily?
  • Ionizer was a "why not" option, but does it actually help at all?
  • Manual transmission as the engagement means more to me than absolute acceleration, my electric car is faster than this GTS anyway. I figure in the future I can buy another 911 with PDK, but maybe not a manual.
  • I didn't opt for the Burmeister because I mainly listen to news or podcasts in the car and if not, it's just pop and hip hop. I hear the clarity and staging of the Burmesiter are are great, but at highway speeds with road noise and such, is it that dramatically better than the Bose?
I know the 992.2 is coming this year, but I have no interest in a hybrid, and I have watched the base price of the GTS increase each year, so I am not interested in waiting for the next coolest thing. Also, in prior .2 refreshes is the GTS immediately available or does it lag initially?

I am of course excited as it’s been a long time waiting. Thanks for the help and insight.
Beautiful car! I got on my dealers list in Dec 2022 and got the call Feb 5 and have a delivery date of June 7 and also paid MSRP. I was beginning to look around and considering paying over MSRP, but very glad I waited as well. My build:
Carrera S Cab
Agate Grey
Black Cab roof
Black/Mojave Beige leather interior
930 leather package
rear axle steering
extended fuel tank
front axle lift
adaptive cruise
18 way seats
sport chrono
Sport package
Premium package
sport exhaust system
LED-Matrix Design Headlights in Black incl. PDLS+
Bose surround sound system
Guard red Tach & chrono gauges
RS Spyder Wheels

Last edited by dgilliam911; 02-29-2024 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Picture of build
The following 2 users liked this post by dgilliam911:
RG88 (02-29-2024), TheDrivenGarage (02-29-2024)
Old 05-04-2024 | 08:24 PM
TheDrivenGarage
Instructor

When I read build threads on the forum, I always wonder what happened ultimately. So I am circling back on my own thread. I ended up purchasing build code: PRL1YRR0.

A lot changed on the build as i locked.
  • I swapped color again from Red to Artic Grey to White. I really wanted yellow accents (caliper, dials, and belts). My SA was concerned about the Red & Yellow combination. I got to see Artic Grey, Chalk, and IGM. None of the colors wowed me, and then I got check out a White Turbo with high gloss black accents, and I liked it. I also have a white M2 with high gloss black accents, so maybe its becoming a pattern. I still wonder about Guards....
  • I have caught the track bug and I plan to track it now 5-10 times a year. I decided I wanted to get all of the performance parts, so I added Rear Steer and PDCC.
  • The 18 Ways actually felt great, and I liked the race tek after seeing it in person, so I wanted to keep the GTS interior look without paying for the GTS Package.
  • I chose the High Gloss Black accents, because i really liked it on white after seeing it in person. The gloss wheels also help to bring SOME light into the black holes that are the wheels. It was basically the cost of a color, so i figured it was a wash.
  • The side decal brings some structure to the white body line and goes well with the high gloss.
  • The Burmeister and Noise Insulated Glass are the result of a fear of FOMO. I am worried i am going to regret the $5k here, but I know my personality and I would have wondered...if I should have done it or not. I could not A/B the systems and glass options.
  • Since I was doing ED, i got the factory PPF, so I wouldn't lose time in Europe waiting for 3rd party install (apparently its XPel in Germany who does it now, so the quality is OK?), and I had to pay the ED fee. So thats $4200 of the MSRP. Thats makes me feel a little better when I see that MSRP
So yes, I am rationalizing a $200k 4 GTS...

I WAS able to secure European Delivery and its scheduled for July 3rd! So I am feeling pretty lucky, took some legwork and follow up on my part directly with the ED team in Atlanta to make it happen. For those who are attempting, definitely keep pushing for yourself, and your dealer will likely stop at the first no.

I have pre-traded my M4 in on the 911, and my dealer gave me a very fair trade number that was right in line with the other offers i got in my research with places like Carvana, Carmax, Autonation, etc. The deal is a MSRP deal with no forced add-ons, so thus far all is progressing well. I am really impressed with my dealer. I got a new SA, and this SA has been incredible, and the dealership overall just very honest. I still have a fear of some crazy thing happening that prevents me from getting the car! I always have nerves before I finally have the car in my posession and the deal is done.

The car is formally scheduled to complete production on 5/21, but I already got the image below (didnt get any other pictures yet, I hope they still come). I think the graphics and the PPF are the reason for the long period of being "in production" (production started 4/29).

60 Days to go until delivery... Thanks all for the perspective and help on this journey to my first Porsche.

Last edited by TheDrivenGarage; 05-04-2024 at 08:26 PM.
The following 7 users liked this post by TheDrivenGarage:
alin2 (05-06-2024), CharlieCafe (05-06-2024), Jeff Whitten (05-05-2024), pal (05-04-2024), shrimp money (05-04-2024), txpackers (05-05-2024), Victory911 (05-05-2024) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 05-04-2024 | 09:01 PM
Motorin Mark
Pro

Looks fantastic, I have White myself and very happy with it. I got most of your options on my "S" so I know you will appreciate all off them especially the Burmeister.
The following users liked this post:
TheDrivenGarage (05-04-2024)

Quick Reply: Finally got my C4 GTS Allocation!