Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally got my C4 GTS Allocation!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2024, 08:36 PM
Jkb545
Racer

Received 189 Likes on 96 Posts

I have never liked interior trim inlays in exterior color. YMMV. Congratulations!
Old 01-27-2024, 08:53 PM
TheDrivenGarage
Advanced

Received 44 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Jkb545
I have never liked interior trim inlays in exterior color. YMMV. Congratulations!
yeah I am still debating this. My thinking is that it its too much, i can wrap it black. I debated the matte carbon fiber but seeing it in person, it didn't do anything for me. The standard dark aluminum wasn't bad though, so if the red is too much, I will wrap it and it will be as if I went standard.
Old 01-27-2024, 08:56 PM
TheDrivenGarage
Advanced

Originally Posted by masmole
Congrats on the allocation! ...Got a Carmine coming my way too, and it locks this week. Also in Chicago, downtown.
awesome! When are you due to be built? Deifnitely post when you get yours, maybe we can meet up. I kept going between Guards and Carmine today.
Old 01-27-2024, 09:42 PM
masmole
Rennlist Member

Received 284 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDrivenGarage
awesome! When are you due to be built? Deifnitely post when you get yours, maybe we can meet up. I kept going between Guards and Carmine today.
end of Feb build, hopefully April delivery… I waffled between guards and carmine too, and rubystar, and ice grey, and shark blue didn’t even consider chalk for the 992 since the taycan is already chalk and I know wife would veto having 2 chalk cars
The following users liked this post:
TheDrivenGarage (01-27-2024)
Old 01-27-2024, 10:26 PM
silverscooby27
Instructor

Received 78 Likes on 42 Posts

My last 2/3 Porsches have had interior trim in exterior color, and I love it. My GTS has the dark aluminum trim, and I like that too.
TheDrivenGarage (01-27-2024)
Old 01-28-2024, 07:41 AM
txpackers
Racer

Received 299 Likes on 132 Posts

• I didn't opt for the Burmeister because I mainly listen to news or podcasts in the car and if not, it's just pop and hip hop. I hear the clarity and staging of the Burmesiter are are great, but at highway speeds with road noise and such, is it that dramatically better than the Bose?
I have the Burmester in my S and it is amazing, even at highway speeds. Like you, I love to take long road trips. I love music. I always get the highest spec audio system I can get when I buy new cars. Yes, the Burmester is pricey. But for my wants, the extra $4k didn’t matter. And if you love hip hop, the Burmester will blow the Bose away.
The following 2 users liked this post by txpackers:
kimbersm (01-28-2024), mikey94025 (01-29-2024)
Old 01-28-2024, 08:40 AM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Received 388 Likes on 211 Posts

Spent the afternoon with my SA at the dealership, getting in and out of cars and seeing options in real life. Was very helpful.
  • First, i found that i fit in the 18way seats and like the bit of a hug that they gave. The 14 ways were comfortable as well. This is going to be a tough final decision, the 14 ways are on the build for now. Even the 4 way had enough lumbar support. Overall impressed with the seats, being sized as I am.
    • For the 18 ways and my bigger guys, do they stay comfortable over a longer period of time? Like a 8+ hr drive?
  • Second observation was that I didn't love Chaulk in person. I can appreciate it, but on the overcast day we had today, it left me wanting. So I changed the color! I wanted Racng yellow but it's discontinued for now, so I went carmine red!
  • Third, if you are tall, the sunroof option matters. The cabs have a ton fo head room, the steel sunroof the least. The glass roof was OK, but if head room matters you need to go steel or carbon.
  • Also realized that the code I specced above was a C2 GTS (kindly pointed out to me by my SA when i arrived) and not a C4 GTS, so had to redo from scratch today, my budget didn't like that.
New Build code: PRXX3LF1

Thanks all for the insights.
OK…you have a beautiful car there. If you’re asking….particularly for your use case…I would order the same car body colour aerokit (more classic for sure) reds vs ceramic to match GR (and I have ceramics) - Bermester over Bose - (for sure) 18 ways v 14 (for sure). Everything else perfect. That is going to be one nice car.
TheDrivenGarage (01-28-2024)
Old 01-28-2024, 09:11 AM
Litigator
Instructor

Received 149 Likes on 70 Posts

I lift a fair amount and have pretty broad shoulders/large back. I have the 4-ways and they're perfect. The fit is snug, but not too snug. Go with the 4-ways or 18-ways. Plus, they just look better in the GTS.
TheDrivenGarage (01-30-2024)
Old 01-28-2024, 10:21 AM
disden
Drifting

Received 1,153 Likes on 468 Posts

Congrats. Sounds like your allocation was an add on given to the dealer by Porsche because it locks so soon, meaning as extra capacity opened up they added a few build slots. That or somebody backed out and it the allocation went to you.

ED has become an absolute nightmare from a scheduling standpoint. There is no such thing as an ED allocation. The best advice I can give anyone is the minute your allocation arrives and is confirmed by dealer, immediately reach out to Porsche ED department with confirmation # to get on the schedule. Do not leave it up to your dealer, do the legwork yourself. Add on allocations are now almost impossible to schedule ED during warm months because most folks have already been on list for months and months before. Regardless, epic car and enjoy! At least you will get it home quicker!
TheDrivenGarage (01-30-2024)
Old 01-28-2024, 06:05 PM
TheDrivenGarage
Advanced

Originally Posted by Litigator
I lift a fair amount and have pretty broad shoulders/large back. I have the 4-ways and they're perfect. The fit is snug, but not too snug. Go with the 4-ways or 18-ways. Plus, they just look better in the GTS.
Going to go with the 18 ways, the feedback has been helpful.

Originally Posted by Overdraft
OK…you have a beautiful car there. If you’re asking….particularly for your use case…I would order the same car body colour aerokit (more classic for sure) reds vs ceramic to match GR (and I have ceramics) - Bermester over Bose - (for sure) 18 ways v 14 (for sure)..
I have been debating the Aero in non-gloss black. I am still working my way through the forum for more pics of it body color vs high gloss black, but I do like the contrast. Hmmm. Too many options. Going body color does shave 3k+ off vs high gloss black.

Originally Posted by disden
Congrats. Sounds like your allocation was an add on given to the dealer by Porsche because it locks so soon, meaning as extra capacity opened up they added a few build slots. That or somebody backed out and it the allocation went to you....
ED has become an absolute nightmare from a scheduling standpoint...
Yeah I was curious how it happened. When i got my Taycan allocaiton the lock was < a month. This one is ~2 months. Whats the normal time to have until lock on an allocation? Regardless, I am pumped to have it. I am in touch with the ED team and they told me to check in weekly to see if there is a slot, and I plan to. But regardless, I am pumped to get the car. Now I need to make room for it in the garage.
Old 01-28-2024, 08:15 PM
gthal
Pro

Received 537 Likes on 203 Posts

Nice build! I have the aerokit and love it... not sure I would buy a 911 without it. Mine is also in gloss black and it is one of my favourite aesthetic aspects of the car.

The Bose stereo is really good actually. I'm sure the Burmeister is better but I would spend my money elsewhere so that's a great choice.

I'd still get the 18 way seats over the 14 way. They are very adjustable and I doubt would be too tight but they are definitely sportier and look better to me. See if you can find a car with them to try.

The only thing I have a hard time with is the body coloured trim on the interior. I've seen one 911 with it and it overpowered the interior in my opinion. But that's just me and if you love it, get it.

The following 2 users liked this post by gthal:
TheDrivenGarage (01-29-2024), whatsshakin (01-28-2024)
Old 01-28-2024, 10:35 PM
whatsshakin
Rennlist Member

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

Great spec. Only comments are:
  • I wouldn't do power steering plus since it's just an ecu flash that can be done after you take delivery if you need it (but it's really unnecessary) for more or less the same price as having it on the build sheet;
  • Don't do the under puddle lamp projectors -- while I think it's a bit tacky, the logo that's projected is pretty small and useless even if it isn't tacky;
  • Porsche lane keep assist is useless. I don't understand why Porsche struggles with a basic safety feature, but read reviews of it: it doesn't function well. I have the same system in my Macan, and I consider it a safety hazard (if I get close to the lane, it jerks the steering wheel towards center, but sometimes overly so)
  • and, personally, this is just aesthetic, I think doing the interior trim in matching red is a bit too much -- esp since carmine red and guards red, while close, aren't perfect matches and it might be a bit odd having two close-but-not-identical shades of red in the interior.

Last edited by whatsshakin; 01-28-2024 at 11:19 PM.
TheDrivenGarage (01-29-2024)
Old 01-28-2024, 10:52 PM
shrimp money
Race Car

Received 5,062 Likes on 2,030 Posts

Please don’t do the interior trim in exterior color. The dark brushed aluminum trim looks really nice.
The following 2 users liked this post by shrimp money:
TheDrivenGarage (01-30-2024), whatsshakin (01-28-2024)
Old 02-29-2024, 06:10 PM
TheDrivenGarage
Advanced

Originally Posted by shrimp money
Please don’t do the interior trim in exterior color. The dark brushed aluminum trim looks really nice.
I got to see some body colored interior trim in person, and yeah... its too much for me. So I have tweaked the build once more. I was also able to get European Delivery on my build as well! Took some legwork and persistence, i didnt get the feeling my dealer was into it, but glad I followed the advice of the forum. So i added the factory PPF so I wouldnt need to worry about it at delivery.

My poor SA has gone through a few builds with me. Here is where i am currently, and should be set, the only thing I could see myself changing at this point is potentially the delection of Burmeister and the addition of PDCC. I got to drive a PDCC car and it was pretty awesome, but it was not a GTS.

Current Build Code: PRACH6T0
Old 02-29-2024, 06:55 PM
nyca
Drifting

Received 901 Likes on 503 Posts

Originally Posted by Litigator
Do you miss not having the thigh extension and tilt adjustment that the 14 way provides?

Quick Reply: Finally got my C4 GTS Allocation!