Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally got my C4 GTS Allocation!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2024, 10:25 AM
TheDrivenGarage
Advanced

Received 44 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Finally got my C4 GTS Allocation!

I am a new to Porsche owner with no prior relationship with a dealer. In April of 2022 I put down a deposit for a C4 GTS and was told it would be about 2 years, potentially less for an allocation. Deal would be MSRP and they would try for ED (we put it on the order demand). In the two years since, I checked in from time to time, passed on a Taycan allocation because I saw the writing on the wall on EV values. Had a GTS land locally at another dealer with a 15k ADM that i passed on. Was about to start hunting for a T allocation instead. Well last week I got the email from Porsche and the call from my SA, my allocation was awarded! So for those waiting, there is hope that eventually it will come through.

My freeze point is currently listed as 3/10/24 with production starting 4/10/24. Right now it says European Delivery but doesn't give me a date. So I am not sure that's going on hold or not? ED was on my.order demand from the beginning, so I thought whenever I got my allocation it would be ED. But when I emailed the ED team they said I may be built too far in advance of the next delivery slot. Hmm. Will follow up on that with my SA today.
  • For those that have done ED, did your allocation come locked for ED from the start or did you still have to go through a process to make it happen after you got your allocation.
This is my build.

PRARXWC2

*** BUILD UPDATED*** per post below. Current code is: PRXX3LF1

Here is my thinking on the main options, let me know if based on your experiences any of this is flawed logic.
  • Overall, this will mainly be a grand touring car. I will take it all around the US and Canada and hunt the best driving roads. I will do about 10-12k a year of trips. I don't flinch at the idea of running from Chicago to LA or to Seattle or both. I love driving. I will probably do 1-2 track days in the first year at most and will likely do less after that as I have a M2 that I use for track work.
  • I opted against PDCC and RAS as I don't mind some chassis movement in spirited driving and I am not hunting track times. I actually like to feel the dynamics a bit.
  • I got the PCCBs, because I always wanted a car with them, hate brake dust, and figure they will last me forever if mainly street driving.
  • I got the 14 way vs the 18 way because I am a bigger guy and have broad shoulders. I definitely need lumbar support for long trips and that ruled out the 4 way.
  • I actually like the GTS interior option but see above about seats and Alcantara on the center armrest and door armrest is a no go for me for durability. So I opted for the black with chalk stitching to add a little something extra to the interior, while being super durable and easy to clean.
  • I went for the aero kit as I like the look more than the deployed spoiler and I felt like it makes the car more special. Does anyone, who has it, regret getting it? Is it too bold to daily?
  • Ionizer was a "why not" option, but does it actually help at all?
  • Manual transmission as the engagement means more to me than absolute acceleration, my electric car is faster than this GTS anyway. I figure in the future I can buy another 911 with PDK, but maybe not a manual.
  • I didn't opt for the Burmeister because I mainly listen to news or podcasts in the car and if not, it's just pop and hip hop. I hear the clarity and staging of the Burmesiter are are great, but at highway speeds with road noise and such, is it that dramatically better than the Bose?
I know the 992.2 is coming this year, but I have no interest in a hybrid, and I have watched the base price of the GTS increase each year, so I am not interested in waiting for the next coolest thing. Also, in prior .2 refreshes is the GTS immediately available or does it lag initially?

I am of course excited as its been a long time waiting. Thanks for the help and insight.

Last edited by TheDrivenGarage; 01-27-2024 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Updates to build
The following users liked this post:
user 64927802 (01-27-2024)
Old 01-27-2024, 10:34 AM
Jeff Whitten
Rennlist Member

Received 688 Likes on 315 Posts

Very nice config. Love the aero kit look.
TheDrivenGarage (01-27-2024)
Old 01-27-2024, 12:07 PM
PBoxS986
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 36 Posts

Just in time for 992.2
Old 01-27-2024, 12:26 PM
user 64927802
Banned

Received 57 Likes on 38 Posts

Beautiful, enjoy In good health!!
I also just got my allocation about 3 weeks ago and according to track your car, scheduled delivery for April 20th.

C4GTS Manual
Agate Grey
Sport design skirts in Matt black
Heated GT wheel in leather
Red belts
Bose
Bespoke owners manual with some personal writing to my family.
LCA

Everything else, as is.
Im old skool and like things simple. Wish roll up windows was an option
This will be my 4th 911, 02 C2 996 manual, 17 C4S black with the power kit manual and a 21 C4S in chalk.

Enjoy!
Old 01-27-2024, 12:27 PM
Just J
Rennlist Member

Received 376 Likes on 174 Posts

Love the build. I would opt to delete the rear model designation. You'll still have the door decals, and it cleans up the look of the rear and eliminates a lot of nooks and crannies where dirt, wax, and the like can build up.
Old 01-27-2024, 12:33 PM
dudeoverthere
Burning Brakes

Received 631 Likes on 299 Posts

Nice build and well considered.
Old 01-27-2024, 03:25 PM
shrimp money
Race Car

Received 5,062 Likes on 2,030 Posts

I am the size of a house and have 18ways
The following 2 users liked this post by shrimp money:
Jeff Whitten (01-28-2024), TheDrivenGarage (01-27-2024)
Old 01-27-2024, 03:27 PM
suffer
Racer

Received 210 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by PBoxS986
Just in time for 992.2
Unlikely
Old 01-27-2024, 04:12 PM
DWS369
AutoX

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Would swap to the 18ways defo - am a big lad and they fit soo comfy/supportive. A great spec otherwise. Enjoy..
Old 01-27-2024, 05:22 PM
Newusername
Rennlist Member

Received 303 Likes on 119 Posts

Congrats on the allocation, I like your build but I will say that I’m 6-2 / 230lbs and I fit great in the 18ways.
Old 01-27-2024, 05:26 PM
991.1 Guy
Three Wheelin'

Received 919 Likes on 484 Posts

Great timing for ED delivery!
Old 01-27-2024, 08:04 PM
TheDrivenGarage
Advanced

Spent the afternoon with my SA at the dealership, getting in and out of cars and seeing options in real life. Was very helpful.
  • First, i found that i fit in the 18way seats and like the bit of a hug that they gave. The 14 ways were comfortable as well. This is going to be a tough final decision, the 14 ways are on the build for now. Even the 4 way had enough lumbar support. Overall impressed with the seats, being sized as I am.
    • For the 18 ways and my bigger guys, do they stay comfortable over a longer period of time? Like a 8+ hr drive?
  • Second observation was that I didn't love Chaulk in person. I can appreciate it, but on the overcast day we had today, it left me wanting. So I changed the color! I wanted Racng yellow but it's discontinued for now, so I went carmine red!
  • Third, if you are tall, the sunroof option matters. The cabs have a ton fo head room, the steel sunroof the least. The glass roof was OK, but if head room matters you need to go steel or carbon.
  • Also realized that the code I specced above was a C2 GTS (kindly pointed out to me by my SA when i arrived) and not a C4 GTS, so had to redo from scratch today, my budget didn't like that.
New Build code: PRXX3LF1

Thanks all for the insights.

Last edited by TheDrivenGarage; 01-27-2024 at 08:49 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 01-27-2024, 08:17 PM
TheDrivenGarage
Advanced

Originally Posted by shrimp money
I am the size of a house and have 18ways
Haha. Yeah, I was surprised I fit so well, from other forum reports people made it seem like they are super small. They felt great.
Old 01-27-2024, 08:18 PM
masmole
Rennlist Member

Received 284 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDrivenGarage
  • Second observation was that I didn't love Chaulk in person. I can appreciate it, but on the overcast day we had today, it left me wanting. So I changed the color! I wanted Racng yellow but it's discontinued for now, so I went carmine red!
Congrats on the allocation! And hell yea on Carmine! Such a beautiful shade of red and fairly rare on 911 since Guards is free.

Got a Carmine coming my way too, and it locks this week. Also in Chicago, downtown.
Old 01-27-2024, 08:22 PM
TheDrivenGarage
Advanced

Originally Posted by 991.1 Guy
Great timing for ED delivery!
Well that was the bad news, since i will be built in April, they will only store the car for up to 2 months. So i need to find a slot by July. Right now the first slot is in September, and they cant hold the car that long. So its looking like ED is off the table. I CAN keep checking in for a cancellation, and I plan to do that.

But on the other hand, if I do standard delivery, I will get it by the beginning of June which is perfect timing for the summer here in the Midwest.

Last edited by TheDrivenGarage; 01-27-2024 at 11:42 PM.

Quick Reply: Finally got my C4 GTS Allocation!