Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do you use for insurance for your 992?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2024, 11:01 AM
Risley
Rennlist Member

Received 202 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by txpackers
I’ve had all my insurance with State Farm for over 30 years and across 4 different states. This includes cars, homes, umbrella, personal articles, etc. I do get some extra discounts for that “loyalty”, but I was surprised how much they were going to charge to add the Porsche. I don’t recall the actual numbers, but it was high enough to get my attention to look at other options.

I didn’t want to change all my other insurance since it’s very hard to find any company that will insure homes in CA now. State Farm won’t even write new policies for homes in CA anymore. My agent said they won’t drop me, but if I ever buy a new home here they won’t insure it.

Back to the Porsche. I checked all the companies suggested by others: Geico, Hagerty, AAA, Allstate, Progressive, and Porsche. Porsche by far had the lowest rates and the best coverage. Just renewed with them.

For the OP; your cost is due to your age and location as others have said. That’s why it’s always best to check insurance rates before you buy a new vehicle. Very easy to do, especially if you have the VIN. If you want the car, you’ll have to pay or move somewhere else that has lower rates. You don’t mention if you own a home or are renting. Adding a car to home insurance or renter’s insurance should get you a discount on both policies.

Good luck.
State Farm SUCKS....Worst ever!!
Old 06-29-2024, 11:11 AM
Risley
Rennlist Member

Received 202 Likes on 111 Posts

Erie Insurance, Chubb, USAA are three of the best. Period. Stay away from the ones that spend hundreds of millions on advertising..The Flo's, the ostriches, the geckos .......
Old 06-29-2024, 11:22 AM
pal
Racer

Received 219 Likes on 106 Posts

Try Cinicinnati Insurance, and if you plan to drive less than 5000 miles a year, put that in as a clause. May also be good to work with an agent, and have them pull a quote for you, for the GTS, and possibly look at bundling other insurance things.
The following users liked this post:
981KMAN (06-29-2024)
Old 06-29-2024, 12:36 PM
tonka858
Advanced

Received 33 Likes on 18 Posts

[QUOTE=737gdog;19521266]
Originally Posted by txpackers
I’m in CA and I have Porsche Auto Insurance. My 6 month renewal comes up in a few weeks.

Are they just not issuing new policies?[/QUOTE

They cancelled mine so I was going to go with mile auto. Days before my Porsche policy expired they notified me they were offering insurance again with a new under writer. GA
web site says they do CA but when your request a quote there is no CA option

The following users liked this post:
NEH51 (06-29-2024)
Old 06-30-2024, 08:50 AM
txpackers
Racer

Received 314 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by Risley
State Farm SUCKS....Worst ever!!
There must be a story here.

Quick Reply: What do you use for insurance for your 992?