Sponsored by:

Your input needed!

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2023, 03:09 PM
Bonestock
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Your input needed!

Hi. Im new to Rennlist and this is my first ever Porsche. I have put together this preliminary build and would like your thoughts. Wanted a classic looking Porsche, and plan to keep this car for a long time. Thanks in advance.

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRL352T2
The following 2 users liked this post by Bonestock:
asunnyhero (12-08-2023), tomtomtomtom (12-07-2023)
Old 12-07-2023, 03:45 PM
fxmixer
Rennlist Member

Received 282 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Bonestock
Hi. Im new to Rennlist and this is my first ever Porsche. I have put together this preliminary build and would like your thoughts. Wanted a classic looking Porsche, and plan to keep this car for a long time. Thanks in advance.

Beautfiul car! Silver and red are always a win. If you plan to keep the car long term, and especially with a cabriolet, the race-tex material does not age well. It really soaks up the oils from your hands and arms and starts to looked matted and becomes slick. It's great for grip especially on the steering wheel, but you might not be happy with it in a few years. Also I would recommend getting the sun visors in race tex or leather otherwise they are unpleasant plastic. Just my 2 cents, but you definitely picked an amazing car as your first Porsche!

Last edited by fxmixer; 12-07-2023 at 03:48 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Bonestock (12-07-2023)
Old 12-07-2023, 05:19 PM
Shogunade
Rennlist Member

Received 1,880 Likes on 1,056 Posts

I would:
  • Change the door sill to carbon fiber so it'd match the interior trim.
  • Do red seat belts
  • Get smoking package
  • Visors in alcantara. High touch item and it sucks to feel vinyl on a 150k+ car
But a solid build.
The following 2 users liked this post by Shogunade:
Bonestock (12-07-2023), fxmixer (12-07-2023)
Old 12-07-2023, 05:35 PM
slwong23
Rennlist Member

Received 406 Likes on 206 Posts

Quite the build, you certainly didn't skimp. A few thoughts since you asked:

- While the exterior package in high gloss black looks great, the shine tends to show more micro scratches and wear/tear, thus I would skip.
- Ambient lighting is pretty meh. If there's a color that interests you and is must have, then get it. I stick to the clear option and don't change it. Also have never seen it change based on the music per the setting, kind of a useless option for me.
- The car is pretty loud and I do wonder how much better Burm is over Bose in a 911, but the Premium Package can save you a little as you've added the many of the items separately. I personally think Bose sounds pretty good, definitely good enough for the cabin while driving. Those silver speaker covers tho...
- I didn't option FAL and while I have lightly scraped the front lip a few times, I don't miss it.

Good luck with your decisions!

Old 12-07-2023, 05:47 PM
Tedster
Rennlist Member

Received 332 Likes on 162 Posts

Looks great but here are a few options to reconsider to save some cash. That price would have gotten you a loaded Turbo Cab not that long ago!

Puddle lights, not needed because mirrors already have down-lighting.
Fuel cap (it's still plastic).
Power steering plus (makes the effort too low for many).
LED Matrix (functionality is turned off in USA per DOT).
Painted key (you can get them from Amazon for 1/10th the cost).
Front end lift (only needed for super steep driveways)
Manual transmission (no savings but much more fun if you can drive stick and are not in heavy traffic much.)
I would also reconsider the center lock wheels. Good luck finding anyone to fix a flat unless its a Porsche dealer.
Old 12-07-2023, 05:51 PM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Received 1,800 Likes on 947 Posts

Originally Posted by Tedster
Looks great but here are a few options to reconsider to save some cash. That price would have gotten you a loaded Turbo Cab not that long ago!

Manual transmission (no savings but much more fun if you can drive stick and are not in heavy traffic much.)
I would also reconsider the center lock wheels. Good luck finding anyone to fix a flat unless its a Porsche dealer.
Yup.

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRFNULV9
Old 12-07-2023, 05:52 PM
Shogunade
Rennlist Member

I doubt saving money is his objective, it at all a consideration. Your suggestions have basically stripped all the details that make the car "special".

Last edited by Shogunade; 12-07-2023 at 05:53 PM.
Old 12-07-2023, 06:13 PM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Shogunade
I doubt saving money is his objective, it at all a consideration. Your suggestions have basically stripped all the details that make the car "special".
Here. For ballpark of his original build is a "truly special" car.

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR3BM8J4

Even if he goes back to PDK. The Two-Tone Exclusive Manufaktur Leather Interior will help differentiate the car.
Old 12-07-2023, 08:44 PM
Shogunade
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 3rdpedal
Here. For ballpark of his original build is a "truly special" car.

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR3BM8J4

Even if he goes back to PDK. The Two-Tone Exclusive Manufaktur Leather Interior will help differentiate the car.
That's sexy but like the opposite of OPs build. Hahaa
Old 12-07-2023, 09:22 PM
dhirm5
Rennlist Member

Received 1,455 Likes on 799 Posts

Originally Posted by slwong23
- While the exterior package in high gloss black looks great, the shine tends to show more micro scratches and wear/tear, thus I would skip.
I actually dislike the gloss black; makes the wheels totally disappear since they reflect their surroundings. I'd def skip / scratches or no.
The following users liked this post:
shrimp money (12-07-2023)
Old 12-08-2023, 12:02 AM
fxmixer
Rennlist Member

Received 282 Likes on 75 Posts

Agree about the center locks. Also way more aftermarket options in 5 lug should you choose to get different wheels.
Old 12-08-2023, 11:08 AM
Swayze
Instructor

Received 141 Likes on 77 Posts

I agree that the premium package with Bose might be good enough sound wise as it’s a convertible and the acoustics in even the couple aren’t great audiophile wise.

Wanted to second that I think the leather seats will age better on a long term car. I wanted to keep the GTS interior because it’s part of the GTS, but when I saw some older alcantara Porsches, they just seemed to age a lot worse than the leather counterpart. The 930 package and two tone or deviated stitching packages still make the interior special.

I would put the crests on the seats and GTS on the center console to get more of the callout to the model.
Old 12-08-2023, 11:47 AM
breny4104
Rennlist Member

Received 457 Likes on 283 Posts

You've chosen all of the premium package option - other than Bose - a la carte. If you choose the premium package you will save $1000 and still keep the Burmeister,

Also, I would get Porsche Inno drive if you keep the PDK. With your build you want ACC and ALK IMHO.
Old 12-08-2023, 12:42 PM
asunnyhero
Advanced

Received 53 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Bonestock

Never thought I'd hear myself say this, but if you do any city driving then ACC is super useful
The following 2 users liked this post by asunnyhero:
Bluehighways (12-09-2023), HOTCHKIS (12-08-2023)
Old 12-08-2023, 01:48 PM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Shogunade
That's sexy but like the opposite of OPs build. Hahaa
Truly Special.
If I was to spec a 992 again, though prices have gone up considerably, I would be looking at the Exclusive Manufacktur interior two tone in black and chalk with red deviated stitching and red seat belts. I think it is quite the exquisite look, and you won't see it elsewhere. I did the standard black with chalk stitching and added chalk deviated seat centers, which is also a nice look.

Quick Reply: Your input needed!