Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Real-time Traffic Flow Not Displaying

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2023, 05:42 PM
mikey94025
Rennlist Member

Received 317 Likes on 185 Posts

I got my battery jumped again (a different story) and could look at my PCM again - I could not see any differences between the OP's settings and mine that could explain why satellite doesn't appear in their map. I turned my satellite layer on and then back on, then discovered that my satellite data isn't updating and displaying anymore. Apparently what was seen in my earlier pics are from cached satellite data.

I did the trick as advised and tested connectivity using the wi-fi hotspot, discovered that while LTE is displayed I actually don't have any internet. I know this was working in the past months and I got map data updates OTA and was able to search Google instead of local nav database. The mobile online data meter, also a good recommendation, after resetting shows no system data flowing anymore. Ugh I guess I will report this to my service dept when I take my car in for the battery issue. Maybe my recent Oct 3rd service visit screwed up my PCM phone internet (it included some PCM update).

Again, my issue is different from the OP's as they do have PCM phone internet working. Sorry but I don't see anything that would explain it and is different from what I used to have.

Last edited by mikey94025; 12-01-2023 at 06:16 PM.
Old 12-01-2023, 06:02 PM
jdrake
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by John Mclane
... If all that you have done is not working, a call to the 1-800 is warranted. Be advised, it's an uphill battle to get support for this services ...
I actually called support, and got through to a technician immediately. However, they were unable to help. She verified that Private Mode Services all needed to be unchecked, so I did that. Traffic still didn't work and we saw I was not reconnected to the Porsche ID. .When we tried to re-connect my Porsche ID after deleting it, we got an error saying we had to disable "Private Mode" even though it was disabled. After multiple attempts the PCM did not recognize that Private Mode was disabled, hence we could not go further. She will investigate and call me back. I thought maybe a full reset would work ... sort of like rebooting a computer ... and the Private Mode issue still is keeping me from connecting through my Porsche ID. Except now everything has been reset and no settings are there. AAARRRGHHH.
Old 12-01-2023, 06:12 PM
mikey94025
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jdrake
I actually called support, and got through to a technician immediately. However, they were unable to help.
I need to call too, for my broken PCM internet, Was it Porsche Customer Service 800-767-7243 or ATT Connected Car 866-595-1334?

The PCM online navigation and data has actually been working pretty well for me over the past 3 years of ownership. This is the 2nd related issue (the 1st was a missed checkbox).
The following users liked this post:
Pman911 (12-12-2023)
Old 12-01-2023, 06:19 PM
John Mclane
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,366 Likes on 745 Posts

Op, if they don't call back, ever, don't take it personally.
I suggested checking if your phone is going through with connection with car's WiFi as a troubleshoot step. If you feel that's not an issue, even better.
Old 12-04-2023, 02:17 PM
jdrake
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mikey94025
I need to call too, for my broken PCM internet, Was it Porsche Customer Service 800-767-7243 or ATT Connected Car 866-595-1334?

The PCM online navigation and data has actually been working pretty well for me over the past 3 years of ownership. This is the 2nd related issue (the 1st was a missed checkbox).
I called the Porsche Customer Service line at 800.767.7243. They said they would call me back later on Friday, or most likely on Saturday and confirmed they were working on Saturday. Never got a call back. My PCM is now locked in Private Mode and I cannot get Porsche Connect ID to be registered. Says I must take the computer out of Private Mode, which it won't do. I have a service call at the dealership now to take a look. They have indicated there are 2 or 3 updates that need to be applied and hopefully take it out of Prive Mode for me.
mikey94025 (12-04-2023)
Old 12-08-2023, 01:34 PM
mikey94025
Rennlist Member

I know this was working in the past months and I got map data updates OTA and was able to search Google instead of local nav database. The mobile online data meter, also a good recommendation, after resetting shows no system data flowing anymore. Ugh I guess I will report this to my service dept when I take my car in for the battery issue.
I took my 992 into service today for my battery issue and also reported the lack of cellular data flowing. I called AT&T Connected Car earlier in the week and they confirmed that my car is connecting to their satellites with a strong signal, so the problem must be with Porsche.

Heads up - My SA said there is a system wide Porsche Connect problem and a service bulletin this morning about it. The SA had several other Porsche Connect problem reports involving Macans, etc.

So ai guess we just wait. Or maybe it’s time to give up and use CarPlay…
Old 12-08-2023, 01:58 PM
jlegelis
Burning Brakes

Received 742 Likes on 347 Posts

>> Or maybe it’s time to give up and use CarPlay…
Is there someone who doesn't use CarPlay? For me, CarPlay is the killer app in a car, and now that I enabled mine with full screen it's even better. Give it a shot...
Ikiru (12-09-2023)
Old 12-11-2023, 10:58 AM
jdrake
Rennlist Member

I took my 992 into service today for my battery issue and also reported the lack of cellular data flowing. I called AT&T Connected Car earlier in the week and they confirmed that my car is connecting to their satellites with a strong signal, so the problem must be with Porsche.

Heads up - My SA said there is a system wide Porsche Connect problem and a service bulletin this morning about it. The SA had several other Porsche Connect problem reports involving Macans, etc.

So ai guess we just wait. Or maybe it’s time to give up and use CarPlay…
I received the outage notice from Porsche as well based upon my support call over a week ago.
Old 12-11-2023, 01:27 PM
Staffie Guy
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,390 Likes on 671 Posts

Originally Posted by jlegelis
>> Or maybe it’s time to give up and use CarPlay…
Is there someone who doesn't use CarPlay? For me, CarPlay is the killer app in a car, and now that I enabled mine with full screen it's even better. Give it a shot...

I don't use car play. I use native spotify for streaming music and the native navi in the car. I like the screen clarity much better.
Old 12-13-2023, 01:44 AM
mikey94025
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jdrake
I received the outage notice from Porsche as well based upon my support call over a week ago.
I got my 992 back from service tonight. They didn't find anything wrong with the battery to explain why it didn't start a second time in the past 2 months. The battery charge was low but health is good and they only found low voltage alerts. So I'm not driving it enough (once a week) and they recommend a trickle charger - ugh. They also "performed a coding to clear a fault found in the Connect module".

Regardless, tonight my Porsche Connect and cellular internet was working again. My PCM maps showed traffic data (yellow for busy streets), had some traffic alert, and I tested Google navigation search and it worked. So maybe Porsche Connect is fixed for everyone else too (if it was a system issue).
jdrake (12-13-2023)
Old 12-13-2023, 10:56 AM
jdrake
Rennlist Member

I got my 992 back from service tonight. They didn't find anything wrong with the battery to explain why it didn't start a second time in the past 2 months. The battery charge was low but health is good and they only found low voltage alerts. So I'm not driving it enough (once a week) and they recommend a trickle charger - ugh. They also "performed a coding to clear a fault found in the Connect module".

Regardless, tonight my Porsche Connect and cellular internet was working again. My PCM maps showed traffic data (yellow for busy streets), had some traffic alert, and I tested Google navigation search and it worked. So maybe Porsche Connect is fixed for everyone else too (if it was a system issue).
My 992 is at Porsche getting a few missing upgrades on the PCM. Hopefully the Private Mode issue will be fixed and we can then test Porsche Connect.

Quick Reply: Real-time Traffic Flow Not Displaying