Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

taking over 911 allocation without paying deposit. Too real to be true in Toronto?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2023, 03:12 PM
Onami
Rennlist Member

Received 914 Likes on 551 Posts

Originally Posted by edofloat
If I were buying a car in Canada, I would ask that any extras I have agreed to purchase be on a separate transaction, eh? i.e. PPF, ceramic coating, etc., etc. be paid separately to avoid the additional luxury tax.
Any extras purchased for the car within 1 year...from any source...are subject to luxury tax.

Wow! $399 for nitrogen in the tires!

Last edited by Onami; 11-21-2023 at 03:16 PM.
Old 11-21-2023, 03:14 PM
bobblehead
Racer

Received 144 Likes on 106 Posts

deleted

Last edited by bobblehead; 11-21-2023 at 03:19 PM.
Old 11-21-2023, 03:18 PM
member67
Intermediate

Received 64 Likes on 20 Posts

Was that $7K the difference between an allocation in hand and a demand order? I sat on a demand order at Oakville for 18 months before moving to the US and getting an allocation in 6 weeks.
Old 11-21-2023, 03:24 PM
Smoothoperator
Instructor

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by bobblehead
deleted

these are the items under dealer's option from PFAFF markham
Old 11-21-2023, 03:26 PM
Smoothoperator
Instructor

Originally Posted by member67
Was that $7K the difference between an allocation in hand and a demand order? I sat on a demand order at Oakville for 18 months before moving to the US and getting an allocation in 6 weeks.
the $7K more expensive dealer claimed that they have allocation in hand but I am not sure how I can verify.
Old 11-21-2023, 03:27 PM
repcapale
Rennlist Member

Received 598 Likes on 265 Posts

Originally Posted by Onami
Any extras purchased for the car within 1 year...from any source...are subject to luxury tax.

Wow! $399 for nitrogen in the tires!
Cash.....CRA following this thread closely.
Old 11-21-2023, 07:29 PM
GTA_6speed
Track Day

Received 31 Likes on 7 Posts

it’s not an apples to apples comparison though? Pfaff quote includes PPF/Ceramic/incidental insurance. Were they unwilling to remove those items?

Originally Posted by Smoothoperator

these are the items under dealer's option from PFAFF markham
Old 11-21-2023, 09:37 PM
Skeptikal12
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

There are more and more new 992s showing up on dealer lots. Just go through the Porsche Finder website and have a look under new (some may be claimed but show up). Winter is coming, cars are sitting, 992.2 not too far out,, I wouldn't pay for any of the extras and would try and find a deal somewhere.
The following users liked this post:
Captain P (11-22-2023)
Old 11-21-2023, 09:40 PM
Icegrill
Burning Brakes

Received 954 Likes on 451 Posts

Originally Posted by Skeptikal12
There are more and more new 992s showing up on dealer lots. Just go through the Porsche Finder website and have a look under new (some may be claimed but show up). Winter is coming, cars are sitting, 992.2 not too far out,, I wouldn't pay for any of the extras and would try and find a deal somewhere.
Oh my heavens yes! Probably will start giving discounts as well.
Old 11-22-2023, 12:44 AM
Captain P
Rennlist Member

Received 549 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Surge74
“Love” the “Tire Recycling Fee (5 Tires)”. You should ask them for that 5th tire when you take delivery…

Canadian dealers are not allowed to charge over MSRP. It’s sad to see Pfaff resorting to these BS tactics… but as long as there are buyers who pay it…
I would go to Porsche Oakville instead. Much more honest owners. They won’t charge you over MSRP there.
that’s why he can’t give you a straight answer. This is illegal and you can refuse the extras, I’d report them to OMVIC.

I always ask for all their decision via text or email, not over phone. I’m in the USA now, but it was such a nightmare dealing with Canadian dealers too. They are just so slimy.
Old 11-22-2023, 06:12 AM
Newusername
Rennlist Member

Received 310 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by Captain P
that’s why he can’t give you a straight answer. This is illegal and you can refuse the extras, I’d report them to OMVIC.

I always ask for all their decision via text or email, not over phone. I’m in the USA now, but it was such a nightmare dealing with Canadian dealers too. They are just so slimy.

They aren’t all bad, but the bad ones really stand out. I’ve dealt with the Ottawa dealer, Calgary and Halifax and honestly they’ve all been straight up and good to deal with.
The following 2 users liked this post by Newusername:
CanAutM3 (11-22-2023), Captain P (11-22-2023)
Old 11-22-2023, 06:18 AM
itrocks4u
Rennlist Member

Received 177 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by Smoothoperator
a bit of update. Hopefully this information will help other 911 shoppers out there in GTA.

I went to porsche north toronto location and get a quote for C4S with the exact options I wanted. I also asked pfaff porsche markham to give me a quote for the same C4S with the exact options I want. Both cars are the same with same options.

Final pricing after everything (i.e. taxes, delivery, dealer fee etc..) is $7674 less at porsche north toronto location compare to at pfaff porsche markham. So I went ahead and put down $5000 deposit at porsche north toronto location. Porsche north toronto deposit is fully refundable back to credit card before taking allocation. (see screen shot for difference)

My friend who recently paid a deposit for Porsche Macan at Porsche downtown town location and they won't credit back his deposit before allocation into his credit card after he decide not to buy a new car due to financial reason, they can only convert his deposit to store credit to use in the future, so I did not bother to talk to porsche downtown.

Porsche PFAFF markahm

pfaff porsche north toronto

I'm not sure if you're serious or just trolling?

You put a deposit at Porsche North Toronto when they don't even have an allocation? While Markham has an allocation. How long is the wait at the Toronto location?

You can simply negotiate these options but you're not doing it with Markham?

Finally, your friend is lying. There is no way dealer would hold on to a deposit when they don't even have an allocation....
CanAutM3 (11-22-2023)
Old 11-22-2023, 07:10 AM
CanAutM3
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,328 Likes on 621 Posts

Originally Posted by Captain P

I’ve had an excellent experience with my dealer. Ordering was super smooth and they kept me well informed about the progress of things. They only asked for a $2,500 deposit. All the fees were crisply laid out on the invoice and they even waived the $2,750 dealer fees, gave me the trickle charger, installed clear front markers/signals and gave me some swag, all free of charge. And the delivery was a wonderful experience. On top of that, they organize quite a few social events that enhance the ownership experience. I do not have one bad thing to say about my dealer.
The following 2 users liked this post by CanAutM3:
Captain P (11-22-2023), NickM (11-22-2023)
Old 11-22-2023, 12:42 PM
Smoothoperator
Instructor

Originally Posted by itrocks4u
I'm not sure if you're serious or just trolling?

You put a deposit at Porsche North Toronto when they don't even have an allocation? While Markham has an allocation. How long is the wait at the Toronto location?

You can simply negotiate these options but you're not doing it with Markham?

Finally, your friend is lying. There is no way dealer would hold on to a deposit when they don't even have an allocation....
Wait at North Toronto location is until somewhere around 2025. I put down deposit because I would like to wait for 922.2 generation, and hopefully one of first to get first allocation of 922.2 generation. Sales at Markahm location called me after I put down deposit at North Toronto and told me there is allocation available for C4S but i am hesitating to take it due to dealer options plus 922.2 generation is just around the corner. Might be better off just buying 922.1 off the lot new or used when 922.2 generation is annouced.

Maybe I will call and inquire downtown toronto location myself about deposit. I think maybe my friend refused his allocation and they won't give back his deposit and force him to keep deposit as store credit.
Old 11-22-2023, 12:49 PM
bobblehead
Racer

Received 144 Likes on 106 Posts

I bought from downtown. I know the initial deposit is fully refundable. Once downtown has given the allocation, they will or may ask for additional deposit to lock you in as official selection of the options would have been made at the same time. If your friend has reached this allocation stage and decided to back out of the order, then the dealer may not refund the deposits but will provide him/her with a store credit.
Smoothoperator (11-22-2023)

Quick Reply: taking over 911 allocation without paying deposit. Too real to be true in Toronto?