Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED-Matrix Design Headlights in Black incl. PDLS+ Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2023 | 07:35 PM
Woofman
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jlegelis
@Woofman not sure what kool-aid Anthony is providing, but clearly you are a fan. OTOH I personally find Anthony extremely problematic: He claims all sorts 'official' this and that, but then makes you sign an NDA to not reveal 'his' secrets which are apparently just reusing the well-documented work of others already shared on this board. Meanwhile, *anybody* can join PPN (Porsche will take your money), and the activation procedure he is doing is absolutely positively *not* something 'authorized' by Porsche for US cars (I'm a PPN member too and have researched). Though ppl seem happy enough with the outcomes let's be clear that Anthony's apparent sheen of authenticity is a ruse when it comes to this concern, with the lack of transparency most troublesome.

Long story: get the Matrix beams and have them activated by a third party who knows what they are doing.
Thanks, I've got a pretty sensitive BS-sensor. Yes, Anthony does engage in some self promotion but he has the knowledge to back it up. I don't understand what you mean by lack of transparency. I spent one hour in a teleconference with him and over three four hours with him in person and he was willing to answer questions I asked. Anthony's engineering background was obvious since I have an engineering degree in a different discipline and we had some interesting technical discussions.

By the way, a LED-matrix functionality activation method I found on this forum for a 2019 didn't work on my 2022. That's because the method isn't the same for all models and model years. And the method Anthony used on my 2022 was a little different than that required for another forum member's 2023 that he did the same evening at his house. That the coding methodology differs among models and model years was verified via email exchanges I did with an employee of the German company KUFATEC which makes coding dongles for Porsche - https://www.kufatec.com/en/

I am well aware that what Anthony is doing to activate matrix headlight functionality is not sanctioned by Porsche. Is that a problem? Don't know. Employees at a Porsche dealership I spoke with seemed to be interested in finding out if Anthony could activate matrix headlight functionality for their customers.

Yes, I'm very happy with Anthony's service and will likely use him again if he can enable full functionality on the new Porsche HD 16,000 LED matrix version. I wasn't interested in buying pirated software from a Chinese company that had to run on a dedicated PC that ran an obsolete version of Microsoft Windows, had to be disconnected from the Internet and then farting around trying to make it all work.
The following users liked this post:
mikey94025 (11-21-2023)
Old 11-20-2023 | 07:42 PM
Devon Racer
Rennlist Member

Default Headlights @ Zanary

@zanary You could save a lot of dollars with just PDLS + Plus light and forgo the Marix beam. They still have a black holder and Chrome ring - US 1,270.00 UK £804.00 Think about it before your close date. The difference from the standard light is the White top bezzle is missing which ,many prefer, especially with bright colours which you have in Ruby Star. You are talking $3,270.00 or $4,150.00 (£2.361.00 / £2,957.00) It's a huge saving.
Best Devon Racer.
zanary (11-20-2023)
Old 11-20-2023 | 08:36 PM
zanary
Pro

@Devon Racer : Thanks for the advise and the images. Question: the photos in your posting are those from a 2023 "T" or a 2024 "T"? Just curious becuase the lights appear differently than that I'm told so I'm a bit confused. The more expensive black ones I've been told have ambient light that shines through the slits at the bottom of the assembly. So just curious what lights are the ones shown in the images you've posted. The nearly blacked out assembly looks pretty nice!
Old 11-20-2023 | 08:57 PM
jlegelis
Burning Brakes

@zanary there's an entire thread on this topic on this from last month... 'search engine is your friend'. Here's my reply with close up silver and black LED matrix pics.
zanary (11-20-2023)

Quick Reply: LED-Matrix Design Headlights in Black incl. PDLS+ Question