Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ceramic coating/wrap in NYC area?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2023, 07:02 PM
Actcochise
AutoX

Received 23 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Ceramic coating/wrap in NYC area?

Hello Everybody,

Greetings from NYC! I have a 992 T on order coming in late November and wanted to make sure I ceramic coated it. Does anybody here have any information about who does this best (in the NYC area) and what the cost of this should be?

Also, I’m a little confused. Are you supposed to first ceramic coat the car and then wrap it after for optimal protection? How much of this do you recommend - and do you do all the car or just the front?

Thanks in advance for any guidance you can give!
Old 10-01-2023, 08:49 PM
tourenwagen
Three Wheelin'

Received 4,316 Likes on 1,182 Posts

If you're willing to cross just into NJ, I cant recommend Phil from Detailers Domain enough. He's known as the godfather of PPF as he taught a lot of the installers in the North East during his 20+ years.

I got the track pack PPF (below) and then got ceramic on the whole car. (You cant do it the other way around). PPF helps with stone chips and ceramic helps with not allowing dirt to actually stick. The car is much easier to wash.

Old 10-01-2023, 09:45 PM
Actcochise
AutoX

Received 23 Likes on 6 Posts

Thank you so much - I will contact them!

I was also recommended this company:

On Site Detailers, Inc.
14 Haven St. Elmsford, NY 10523

They told me that the film they use contain ceramic coating and quoted me $3200 for the front end and $6000 for the full car. decontamination, and paint correction/polish.

Ceramic coating is already embedded in the film that we use. Prior to the film installation we do a full clay bar, decontamination, and paint correction/polish.
Old 10-02-2023, 08:18 AM
HOTCHKIS
Racer

Received 159 Likes on 83 Posts

Detailing Dynamics in Mineola NY
Old 10-02-2023, 10:07 AM
malba2366
Burning Brakes

Received 750 Likes on 423 Posts

Originally Posted by Actcochise
Thank you so much - I will contact them!

I was also recommended this company:

On Site Detailers, Inc.
14 Haven St. Elmsford, NY 10523

They told me that the film they use contain ceramic coating and quoted me $3200 for the front end and $6000 for the full car. decontamination, and paint correctioCeramic coating is already embedded in the film that we use. Prior to the film installation we do a full clay bar, decontamination, and paint corrpolish.
The other posters recommended two of the best shops in the area…I would use one of them.
Old 10-03-2023, 09:56 AM
eusta
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

The best in NY is Exclusive vinyl -

www.exclusivevinyl.com

I've tried several places and Roman and his crew is the best. They have done over a dozen cars for me. The majority of the high-end dealers use him as well

Last edited by eusta; 10-03-2023 at 10:00 AM.
Old 10-03-2023, 06:57 PM
reyesanders
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Hello Everybody,

Greetings from NYC! I have a 992 T on order coming in late November and wanted to make sure I ceramic coated it. Does anybody here have any information about who does this best (in the NYC area) and what the cost of this should be?

Also, I’m a little confused. Are you supposed to first ceramic coat the car and then wrap it after for optimal protection? How much of this do you recommend - and do you do all the car or just the front?

Darien Detailing is worth checking out if you want a high quality install and great customer service. Check out their portfolio online.
The following users liked this post:
bboerit (04-15-2024)
Old 10-03-2023, 07:28 PM
rasetsu
Three Wheelin'

Received 857 Likes on 526 Posts

Paint correction first, then PPF the areas you want PPF'd (most recommend at least full front), then ceramic coat the entire exterior. Ceramic coating has anti-stick properties so most PPF films won't adhere well to ceramic coated surfaces.
Old 04-06-2024, 01:13 AM
StickShiftKev
Track Day

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey, waiting for my Cayman GTS 4.0 to be delivered this July. Should I let the dealership do the PPF? I am getting it from Ray Catena. Does anyone have experience getting PPF there?
Old 04-06-2024, 01:27 AM
supershaft
Racer

Received 281 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by StickShiftKev
Hey, waiting for my Cayman GTS 4.0 to be delivered this July. Should I let the dealership do the PPF? I am getting it from Ray Catena. Does anyone have experience getting PPF there?
I’d never let the dealer do ppf. Usually a rip off and generally poor quality workmanship
The following 2 users liked this post by supershaft:
HOTCHKIS (04-06-2024), OMTarga4S (04-06-2024)
Old 04-06-2024, 09:29 PM
StickShiftKev
Track Day

Originally Posted by supershaft
I’d never let the dealer do ppf. Usually a rip off and generally poor quality workmanship
that’s most people’s concern. I am just hoping this dealership could be different. As for price, it’s the same as everywhere else I asked. Now the issue is workmanship. Thanks for your input.
Old 04-15-2024, 01:37 PM
StickShiftKev
Track Day

I went to NJ BOOM BOOM in New Jersey and saw that they have a Corvette wrapped in Matte PPF, I AM SOLD. The work is seamless. Every panel was wrapped to and around the edge. Matte PPF is probably the hardest to do on glossy black paint. It needs to be 100% fully covered. I will get my car in mid July and fully wrapped by August. Will post pics here later.
Also, if you want NJ BOOM BOOM's contact info, feel free to DM me.
Old 04-15-2024, 02:04 PM
rasetsu
Three Wheelin'

Received 857 Likes on 526 Posts

Originally Posted by StickShiftKev
I went to NJ BOOM BOOM in New Jersey and saw that they have a Corvette wrapped in Matte PPF, I AM SOLD. The work is seamless. Every panel was wrapped to and around the edge. Matte PPF is probably the hardest to do on glossy black paint. It needs to be 100% fully covered. I will get my car in mid July and fully wrapped by August. Will post pics here later.
Also, if you want NJ BOOM BOOM's contact info, feel free to DM me.
I suggest actually seeing a 911 in matte black before committing. Matte black is much more flattering on a car with angular design elements like a C7 or C8 Corvette than one with more curves like a 911. There's a reason why Porsche chooses to disguise their test mules in just matte black.
Old 04-15-2024, 07:33 PM
eddydemartino
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Everybody,

Did you ever land on a solid place for this?
check out Formular Motorsports in LIC, they specialize in Porsches for like 60 years. I haven’t tried them yet but I plan on it. Good luck!
Old 04-15-2024, 11:21 PM
StickShiftKev
Track Day

I am getting a Cayman, but you make a good point. Matte Black might not be good cause Cayman has curves not angular like a Corvette.

Quick Reply: Ceramic coating/wrap in NYC area?