Sponsored by:

992.2 Colors.

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2023, 06:52 PM
6sigma
Rennlist Member

Received 486 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by Snareman
Yea you would think it would be a simultaneous takeaway and add new as opposed to take away and in 6 months will give you some new colors.
You would think! For the 992.1 T, with the 3 colors gone, if you don't want white/black/shade of gray you can choose Guards Red, Gentian Blue or Carmine Red. Slim pickings and not super exciting for a new 911 order. I have Gentian Blue as my plan B. But this is Porsche, who also took away Python Green, the launch color for the T and still the lead display color on the Porsche website with no replacement.
Old 11-28-2023, 07:19 PM
Zanotti
Racer

Received 333 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by 6sigma
You would think! For the 992.1 T, with the 3 colors gone, if you don't want white/black/shade of gray you can choose Guards Red, Gentian Blue or Carmine Red. Slim pickings and not super exciting for a new 911 order. I have Gentian Blue as my plan B. But this is Porsche, who also took away Python Green, the launch color for the T and still the lead display color on the Porsche website with no replacement.
It does seem as if they have limited colors on the T and Base, more colors on the GTS, and lots on the GT3. Color as a price indicator??
Old 11-28-2023, 07:20 PM
Zanotti
Racer

Received 333 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by Zanotti
It does seem as if they have limited colors on the T and Base, more colors on the GTS, and lots on the GT3. Color as a price indicator??
And you know this is a marketing decision, because they have posted videos of being able to paint any color in a row with their world class paint booths - and the expansion of PTS.
Old 11-28-2023, 07:20 PM
Snareman
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 50 Posts

I had gentian/enzian blue on my M4, but the BMW version looks brighter and more vibrant. Guards red is not a bad alternative although I've never had a red car.

The following users liked this post:
RatherJaded (11-28-2023)
Old 11-28-2023, 07:22 PM
Snareman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Zanotti
And you know this is a marketing decision, because they have posted videos of being able to paint any color in a row with their world class paint booths - and the expansion of PTS.
Although for a whole bunch of money and if they're still allowing colors for that year. At least BMW doesn't seem to limit it like that. Individual color on my M8 was $4500 or 5000, I forget which.
Old 11-28-2023, 07:30 PM
6sigma
Rennlist Member

Received 486 Likes on 195 Posts

I had gentian/enzian blue on my M4, but the BMW version looks brighter and more vibrant. Guards red is not a bad alternative although I've never had a red car.
I like that blue but it does seem brighter more like Shark than Gentian. I also like Guards Red - it is a good solid red. The problem is I swear every other modern Porsche sports car is guards red. Just super common. It does look good though and I would consider it if no new colors become available. My SA offered to see if they could trade allocations and get an earlier build slot to still get racing yellow. I said I'll roll the dice on the chance to get one of the new colors with my later build. I hope it works out! I'd love a good yellow or orange. I like the oak green neo shown above also.
Old 11-28-2023, 08:51 PM
RatherJaded
Rennlist Member

Received 1,585 Likes on 897 Posts

I watched your video on the G82 several times. I wanted Enzain for a G87, but BMW AG screwed that up by not offering the individual program for the G87, at least for the time being. I have since lost interested.
Snareman (11-28-2023)
Old 11-28-2023, 10:09 PM
3uros
Rennlist Member

Received 371 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by TUD
I watched your video on the G82 several times. I wanted Enzain for a G87, but BMW AG screwed that up by not offering the individual program for the G87, at least for the time being. I have since lost interested.
It is unfortunate....more to do with the G87 being manufactured in Mexico and the SLP plant doesn't yet support the individual program. However, if I were to get a G87...Zandvoort blue is a great choice

russdc (11-29-2023)
Old 11-28-2023, 11:27 PM
RatherJaded
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 3uros
It is unfortunate....more to do with the G87 being manufactured in Mexico and the SLP plant doesn't yet support the individual program. However, if I were to get a G87...Zandvoort blue is a great choice.
To date SLP has the most advanced body shop and paint shop out of any other BMW manufacturing facility. BMW AG is blowing smoke out of their @ss. It really comes down to constraints and workforce. SLP will gain individual paint eventually.

Last edited by RatherJaded; 11-28-2023 at 11:29 PM.
Old 11-29-2023, 12:41 AM
Snareman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TUD
Cool that you watched the vid. I really wanted (and still want) Laguna Seca Blue, but BMW won't let anyone have it for who no one knows what reason.
Old 11-29-2023, 03:06 PM
Snareman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 3uros
It is unfortunate....more to do with the G87 being manufactured in Mexico and the SLP plant doesn't yet support the individual program. However, if I were to get a G87... Zandvoort blue is a great choice

I saw the Zandvoort at the BMW PC and wasn't in love with it. Kind of an odd blue. That or the new M2 in general. The previous version was much more svelte. Part of the reason I'm in the market for a 911 is all of BMW's recent less than attractive new designs.
Old 11-29-2023, 03:06 PM
Snareman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TUD
To date SLP has the most advanced body shop and paint shop out of any other BMW manufacturing facility. BMW AG is blowing smoke out of their @ss. It really comes down to constraints and workforce. SLP will gain individual paint eventually.
Likely similar to how the South Carolina plant initially couldn't do individual colors on the X vehicles, but now they can.
RatherJaded (11-29-2023)
Old 11-29-2023, 03:09 PM
Snareman
Rennlist Member

I like that blue but it does seem brighter more like Shark than Gentian. I also like Guards Red - it is a good solid red. The problem is I swear every other modern Porsche sports car is guards red. Just super common. It does look good though and I would consider it if no new colors become available. My SA offered to see if they could trade allocations and get an earlier build slot to still get racing yellow. I said I'll roll the dice on the chance to get one of the new colors with my later build. I hope it works out! I'd love a good yellow or orange. I like the oak green neo shown above also.
If you come to Ohio where there are virtually zero Porsches on the road anyway no one is going to think that your red is like all of the other red Porsche's they keep seeing since they really aren't seeing any. Not exactly the car mecca around here.
Old 11-29-2023, 03:25 PM
RatherJaded
Rennlist Member

I saw the Zandvoort at the BMW PC and wasn't in love with it. Kind of an odd blue. That or the new M2 in general. The previous version was much more svelte. Part of the reason I'm in the market for a 911 is all of BMW's recent less than attractive new designs.
@Snareman 100%.

After 30+ years as a BMW enthusiast/owner I am moving away from the marque. We are no longer an ideal match.
Snareman (11-29-2023)
Old 11-29-2023, 03:29 PM
Snareman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TUD
@Snareman 100%.

After 30+ years as a BMW enthusiast/owner I am moving away from the marque. We are no longer an ideal match.
Only about 17 years in for me. I was going to hold out for the rumored new 6 series, but based on EVERY NEW DESIGN they've put out in recent years I have little hope for finding whatever it might be attractive.
RatherJaded (12-02-2023)

Quick Reply: 992.2 Colors.