Received 1,007 Likes on 466 Posts

I remember reading that current PCCB’s are not so great with brake dust:

https://rennlist.com/forums/992-gt3-...ery-dusty.html

https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1302...rake-dust.html
Old 09-26-2023, 05:31 AM
812SF
Instructor

Received 135 Likes on 45 Posts

I just sold my 992 Turbo S and it had no noticeable brake dust. Same goes for my 991.2 GT3. That thread about dusty brakes is odd.
The following 2 users liked this post by 812SF:
HOTCHKIS (09-27-2023), OncPorsche (09-26-2023)
Old 09-26-2023, 11:28 AM
Hinz Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 320 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by Captain P
At this point I’m just thinking of keeping steel and getting surface transform, heard great things about them, lighter than steel but not as light as pccb.
I have a massive ST shipment coming over the next few weeks. We have kits available for the 992 GTS/4GTS and Turbo with iron brakes and many customers are already running them. We borrowed fitments from the GT4/Spyder/ 991 Turbo. It's a direct bolt-on and will work with your factory iron-based calipers. At just under $15K, others have mentioned pricing being $5K more than speccing the car with PCCBs from the factory, which is true, but these discs are significantly better than PCCBs and are well worth the $5K increase. STs should cost twice as much as PCCBs, but they cost half as much as new OE PCCB replacements which are $26K. STs outperform OE PCCB by virtually every metric and can be refurbished as well. So, much so that companies like Aston Martin, Mercedes AMG, Koenisgsegg, Tesla (and many others) are all now outfitting their cars with ST rotors. We have fitments for nearly every 911 model from 2001+, some of which aren't listed yet.

Originally Posted by OncPorsche
Just checked the configurator, not an option to add to targa/coupe gts or 4gts. I have seen a glitch that allows you to option those things in the past but usually prices end up disappearing so you know it is a glitch and not the actual config. Sometimes after you place your build, if you go back into your config, pccbs (and other options) will show up as options when they actually arent available.
We have fitments available for these models as mentioned above.
Originally Posted by 812SF
I just sold my 992 Turbo S and it had no noticeable brake dust. Same goes for my 991.2 GT3. That thread about dusty brakes is odd.
This has to do with the pads being offered with newer PCCBs. The environmental regulations pulled the copper content out of the pads and they have been scrambling to find a better solution for OE fitment. The Pagid RSC1 compound is what we recommend to basically everyone now with ceramic brakes. Noiseless and dustless on the street but also very capable on track if called upon.

HINZ MOTORSPORT
Race Parts & Accessories for your PORSCHE
www.HinzMotorsport.com
Call: 414-212-5679
Email: rick@hinzmotorsport.com

Quick Reply: PCCB Shortage?