992 GTS allocation - at what ADM?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2023, 03:56 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,681 Likes on 5,112 Posts

Originally Posted by Northshore04
I have just been told that I can get an allocation for a 992 GTS. Of course, they want a pretty big ADM for it. I am willing to pay some ADM on it, but obviously do not want to get ripped off. From what you have all seen/heard, what is a reasonable mark-up for an allocation in So Cal? Thanks.
Straight talk.

In SoCal, a market I am very familiar with, if you walk into a dealership cold with no prior relationship or no trade-in or both, you're looking at an ADM of at least 15k if you're lucky, and 25-30k, if you're not.

You might get a timing break and someone backs out of a GTS allocation after the freeze date, so the car is not on the ground yet, and it might be at MSRP, but then you're not getting to spec the car you want.

Yes, you could wait, but by the time the ADMs shrink (if they ever do), production most likely will be over and the factory will have shifted to making the 992.2 911s.

So you basically have three choices: (1) Stay in the SoCal market and pay market ADM; (2) go OOM and scour the country for an MSRP allocation; or (3) constantly call every single dealer every other day (or every day) in the hopes some goofball bails and you get their allocation at MSRP or a discounted ADM.

Neither of those options are really all that appealing, but that's just straight talk. No B.S.

Good luck in your search. It used to be half the fun. Now? Not so sure.
The following 2 users liked this post by ipse dixit:
Motorin Mark (09-14-2023), Oileater (09-16-2023)
Old 09-14-2023, 04:14 PM
PMAA
Rennlist Member

Received 113 Likes on 43 Posts

From my perspective I appreciate a dealer who is upfront regarding ADM and doesn't extort the allocation after repeatedly promising MSRP.
10K over is what I paid for my GTS...but as mentioned above, I really like the idea of getting something/anything for your $s...an overpriced watch, maintenance package, fuzzy dice...etc
Old 09-14-2023, 04:48 PM
Northshore04
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Shogunade
Do you have a trade in?

It's a negotiation. Two ways to do it: Start low and work from there, or be upfront about what you're willing to pay and stand firm. No need to think that a low number will be insulting. It's not like you're asking for a discount.
I would be selling a car (actually a truck) to make some room, but I don't think it's anything they'd be interested in. Great surf/bike/ski/snowboard truck though.
Old 09-14-2023, 04:53 PM
Northshore04
Instructor

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
Straight talk.

In SoCal, a market I am very familiar with, if you walk into a dealership cold with no prior relationship or no trade-in or both, you're looking at an ADM of at least 15k if you're lucky, and 25-30k, if you're not.

You might get a timing break and someone backs out of a GTS allocation after the freeze date, so the car is not on the ground yet, and it might be at MSRP, but then you're not getting to spec the car you want.

Yes, you could wait, but by the time the ADMs shrink (if they ever do), production most likely will be over and the factory will have shifted to making the 992.2 911s.

So you basically have three choices: (1) Stay in the SoCal market and pay market ADM; (2) go OOM and scour the country for an MSRP allocation; or (3) constantly call every single dealer every other day (or every day) in the hopes some goofball bails and you get their allocation at MSRP or a discounted ADM.

Neither of those options are really all that appealing, but that's just straight talk. No B.S.

Funny. Right now I am basically doing both #2 and #3, and it looks like pretty soon it might have to be #1. To complicate things, I'm also looking at a GT4/GT4RS or GT3/RS as options.
Old 09-14-2023, 04:54 PM
Northshore04
Instructor

Originally Posted by PMAA
From my perspective I appreciate a dealer who is upfront regarding ADM and doesn't extort the allocation after repeatedly promising MSRP.
10K over is what I paid for my GTS...but as mentioned above, I really like the idea of getting something/anything for your $s...an overpriced watch, maintenance package, fuzzy dice...etc
Fuzzy dice and a dashboard hula girl here I come.
The following users liked this post:
PMAA (09-15-2023)
Old 09-15-2023, 12:54 PM
AZTechGuy
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 44 Posts

I had an ordeal to get mine over almost 2 years. You can search my posts for that information.

When I took delivery of mine, the ADM was removed and I had many things included like maintenance, protection packages, etc. Also received functional delivery gifts as they knew hats and mugs I already have too many of.

The dealers seem to love locals but myself and some friends and family have had great luck being a non-local. Make some calls and see what’s out there. The allocation process from Stuttgart is black magic at best and no one including PCNA knows what’s coming.

The range of ADM’s by model is offensive. The GT range is getting $150k, I know of a GTS allocation at $40k and an S, yes an S at $20k. Eventually they will come down if not be eliminated altogether but we’re not there yet.

Good luck to you. I hope you get the GTS at whatever numbers work for you. The car is impressive!
Old 09-15-2023, 02:20 PM
Northshore04
Instructor

Originally Posted by AZTechGuy
I had an ordeal to get mine over almost 2 years. You can search my posts for that information.

When I took delivery of mine, the ADM was removed and I had many things included like maintenance, protection packages, etc. Also received functional delivery gifts as they knew hats and mugs I already have too many of.

The dealers seem to love locals but myself and some friends and family have had great luck being a non-local. Make some calls and see what’s out there. The allocation process from Stuttgart is black magic at best and no one including PCNA knows what’s coming.

The range of ADM’s by model is offensive. The GT range is getting $150k, I know of a GTS allocation at $40k and an S, yes an S at $20k. Eventually they will come down if not be eliminated altogether but we’re not there yet.

Good luck to you. I hope you get the GTS at whatever numbers work for you. The car is impressive!
They rejected my first counteroffer but I will be going in to see them in person to discuss it more soon. The dealer knows that I've bought several different models from other local dealers - but just not with them yet. And thanks, I hope it works out too.
Old 09-15-2023, 03:55 PM
Tompoodie
Pro

Received 231 Likes on 143 Posts

Straight talk.

When I tried going out of state to get an allocation, I was told that dealers are no longer allowed by Porsche North America to do so.
Took me two years to get a base Carrera, with 10K ADM, Los Angeles.

Last edited by Tompoodie; 09-15-2023 at 04:02 PM.
Old 09-15-2023, 05:17 PM
shrimp money
Race Car

Received 5,106 Likes on 2,040 Posts

Originally Posted by Tompoodie
When I tried going out of state to get an allocation, I was told that dealers are no longer allowed by Porsche North America to do so.
Took me two years to get a base Carrera, with 10K ADM, Los Angeles.

Simply not true, or definitely not enforced.
The following 2 users liked this post by shrimp money:
Booth9999 (09-16-2023), silverscooby27 (09-17-2023)
Old 09-15-2023, 05:20 PM
Tompoodie
Pro

Received 231 Likes on 143 Posts

It was only a couple dealers in Arizona that I called, but they sure made it seem like it was cut and dried nationwide.
I stand corrected.

Last edited by Tompoodie; 09-15-2023 at 05:22 PM.
Old 09-15-2023, 05:25 PM
shrimp money
Race Car

Received 5,106 Likes on 2,040 Posts

Originally Posted by Tompoodie
It was only a couple dealers in Arizona that I called, but they sure made it seem like it was cut and dried nationwide.
I stand corrected.
I only say it because the number of folks on here that are from out of state but got their car from Porsche North Olmstead. Strategically it makes more sense, like if you're in Los Angeles, fish an Ohio dealer that's willing to sell for an ADM we'd consider high here, but low for LA.

@EZ E got his this year from a Chicago dealer and lives in Ohio as well.
The following users liked this post:
Tompoodie (09-15-2023)
Old 09-15-2023, 05:43 PM
malba2366
Three Wheelin'

Received 753 Likes on 426 Posts

Originally Posted by shrimp money
Simply not true, or definitely not enforced.
Right. Dealers can do whatever they want. Porsche incentivizes dealers to sell locally with the way they allocate cars, but for the right price many dealers will sell out of market. Don't expect to get MSRP with out markup out of market.
Old 09-16-2023, 01:15 AM
eusta
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

I placed an order for GTS at MSRP, with a December delivery date. Here in NY a couple of dealers with allocations were doing MSRP.
Old 09-16-2023, 10:01 AM
jbl16
Racer

Received 206 Likes on 104 Posts

Michigan, MSRP MY 2023 .
Old 09-16-2023, 11:07 AM
Oileater
Rennlist Member

Received 77 Likes on 51 Posts

Straight talk.

good perspective. Almost a dozen dealers in SoCal, but the market still drives what the cars sell for — the data points from the other parts of the country are nice, but honestly, just not relevant for a SoCal buyer.

Frankly, I’m happy to pay ADM to not live in Michgan/Ohio/Illinois —I have gotten so accustomed to driving every single day and not winterizing the car. So, my comments here about winter are as irrelevant as comments about ADM in other markets.

Quick Reply: 992 GTS allocation - at what ADM?