Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Moshammer Ducktail V2

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2024 | 03:48 PM
Jeff Whitten
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 992DAD
Well that's interesting and adds another potential wrinkle into the mix.
You'd have to strip the car down to do the test fit and then what ?
You're clearly committed at that point and you have a part that was sent over from Berlin.
The piece does come with all mounting hardware and they state that there is plenty of built in adjustment with the hardware
I'm going for it, the worst that can happen is a minor panel gap issue and I can certainly live with that if everything else is spot on.

I did remember that they sent a link for installation instruction for the ducktail, it's a 22 step process from start to finish and you do need to code out the lift function.
It's an easy DIY if you have the tools and the mechanical aptitude. There is also a good You Tube post where the guy is adding an aero kit to his carrera so you see all the steps needed to remove the factory spoiler, lift mechanism and such.
The warning on fitment is common with aftermarket parts of this nature (Wings, body kits). Agree I think the only risk is minor panel gap inconsistency. Looking at others that have bolted this one all will give you a good sense for the out of the box fitment. If you want it perfect, always the option to have a body shop modify and close the gaps to your expectation, then paint.
Old 01-15-2024 | 07:35 PM
992DAD
Advanced

Originally Posted by REIN911

Alternatively if you could post the referenced link...that would be helpful. I saw the "Auto Amateur" install YouTube video on a 991 from two years ago, but that model's OEM spoiler is a different style.

Here is the link to YouTube, the first part shows how to remove the stock spoiler and lifting mechanism.
Lots of good info on the disassembly needed to install the duck tail.

Last edited by 992DAD; 01-15-2024 at 07:37 PM. Reason: added information
Old 01-15-2024 | 11:15 PM
REIN911
Rennlist Member

Here is the link to YouTube, the first part shows how to remove the stock spoiler and lifting mechanism.
Lots of good info on the disassembly needed to install the duck tail.

https://youtu.be/G4UhKd0vyes?si=Z_YkYrWmri3MDIvD
Thanks 992DAD….much appreciated.

PJ Franks has proven to be a competent DIY’er.

He’s posted more than one helpful video and this one is certainly thread worthy.

This is going to be interesting.
Old 01-22-2024 | 04:29 PM
REIN911
Rennlist Member

Default Moshammer EVO II has arrived...

Ordered on December 21. Arrived on January 22nd. Total cost $2300.

Next step head to dealer for active aero spoiler deactivation.

Still not sure if I'm gonna go the DIY install route. PJ's video is helpful...but there are quite a few gaps in his sequence and as a result a few questions. Not to mention Moshammer's clear admonitions against self-install (liability concerns).

Side marker lights, Frunk Lid Liner, Lip Spoiler, GT3 Side Skirts, Clear Rear 3rd light, Numeric Pedals, DB Carbon Fiber on the center console, 10mm spacers, Kies TLG Mud flaps...yeah I can do those, but this might be above my skill level. It's not exactly a "simple" bolt on. Consulting a few local shops for fitment/install...then paint.

Stay tuned...

Yeah...I was concerned too. But Germany is a long way from California!

Arrived intact.

Looks to be quality construction.
The following 4 users liked this post by REIN911:
Jeff Whitten (01-22-2024), LDAV (05-10-2024), Scott P (01-22-2024), VarTheVar (01-22-2024)
Old 01-22-2024 | 06:38 PM
Scott P
Rennlist Member

I'm glad your spoiler looks unscathed compared to the box it came in @REIN911
Old 01-22-2024 | 08:55 PM
992DAD
Advanced

Originally Posted by Scott P
I'm glad your spoiler looks unscathed compared to the box it came in @REIN911
AGREED !

My box got beat up too, but not like that !
Looks like they threw a round a few times, and then dropped kicked it out of the delivery truck !
Glad it arrived intact, looking forward to following your progress.
I drop mine off tomorrow for paint, and then the fun will begin.
Old 01-22-2024 | 09:36 PM
REIN911
Rennlist Member

Default Your EVO II Install...?

AGREED !

I drop mine off tomorrow for paint, and then the fun will begin.
Regarding install....are you going the DIY route or wiil you farm it out?
Old 01-22-2024 | 09:51 PM
AlterZgo
Three Wheelin'

Ordered on December 21. Arrived on January 22nd. Total cost $2300.

Next step head to dealer for active aero spoiler deactivation.

Still not sure if I'm gonna go the DIY install route. PJ's video is helpful...but there are quite a few gaps in his sequence and as a result a few questions. Not to mention Moshammer's clear admonitions against self-install (liability concerns).

Side marker lights, Frunk Lid Liner, Lip Spoiler, GT3 Side Skirts, Clear Rear 3rd light, Numeric Pedals, DB Carbon Fiber on the center console, 10mm spacers, Kies TLG Mud flaps...yeah I can do those, but this might be above my skill level. It's not exactly a "simple" bolt on. Consulting a few local shops for fitment/install...then paint.

Stay tuned...

Yeah...I was concerned too. But Germany is a long way from California!

Arrived intact.

Looks to be quality construction.
Did the kit come with anything else besides the fiberglass ducktail spoiler? For example, did it come with a new base plate to replace the base plate that the retractable wing attaches to? This is the new base plate that Porsche supplies with their aerokit wing. I'm glad that they have this super sturdy base plate that the wing attaches to. Just curious to see how the Moshammer ducktail is attached to the car:

Old 01-22-2024 | 09:58 PM
992DAD
Advanced

Regarding install....are you going the DIY route or wiil you farm it out?
I'm probably going the DIY route, I'm dropping the car off this week for a new windsheild and tires and
I want to have them code out the lift function when they do some coding stuff for the windshield replacement.
If not, will have to go the after hours route (cash money)
Old 01-22-2024 | 10:17 PM
992DAD
Advanced

Originally Posted by AlterZgo
Did the kit come with anything else besides the fiberglass ducktail spoiler? For example, did it come with a new base plate to replace the base plate that the retractable wing attaches to? This is the new base plate that Porsche supplies with their aerokit wing. I'm glad that they have this super sturdy base plate that the wing attaches to. Just curious to see how the Moshammer ducktail is attached to the car:
The ducktail utilizes the factory base plate just like the one you just purchased. The stock spoiler lift mechanism inserts into the location where you have the two mounting plates on the left and right of the inter cooler openings.
The four mounting points along the lower edge are where you add the supplied brackets to attach the lower edge of the spoiler. You can see the two upper tabs in the photos of the ducktail.

Last edited by 992DAD; 01-22-2024 at 10:18 PM. Reason: bad engrish
Old 01-22-2024 | 10:59 PM
REIN911
Rennlist Member

Default DIY installation EVO II

I'm probably going the DIY route, I'm dropping the car off this week for a new windsheild and tires and
I want to have them code out the lift function when they do some coding stuff for the windshield replacement.
If not, will have to go the after hours route (cash money)
Interested in your progress going the DIY installation route.

Please keep us posted.
Old 01-23-2024 | 12:21 AM
AlterZgo
Three Wheelin'

The ducktail utilizes the factory base plate just like the one you just purchased. The stock spoiler lift mechanism inserts into the location where you have the two mounting plates on the left and right of the inter cooler openings.
The four mounting points along the lower edge are where you add the supplied brackets to attach the lower edge of the spoiler. You can see the two upper tabs in the photos of the ducktail.
So confused. Does it attach to the stock base plate that comes with the car? Or do you need a base plate like the one I posted, which is the aerokit base plate and not the factory base plate?
Old 01-23-2024 | 03:05 AM
VarTheVar
Rennlist Member

So confused. Does it attach to the stock base plate that comes with the car? Or do you need a base plate like the one I posted, which is the aerokit base plate and not the factory base plate?
You don't need any extra parts if that helps at all
The following users liked this post:
AlterZgo (01-23-2024)
Old 01-23-2024 | 03:09 AM
REIN911
Rennlist Member

As posted above...

"The ducktail utilizes the factory base plate..."

"The stock spoiler lift mechanism inserts into the location where you have the two mounting plates on the left and right of the inter cooler openings."

The four mounting points along the lower edge are where you add the supplied brackets to attach the lower edge of the spoiler."

Take a closer look at post #115....also see the pieces/parts from the VarTheVar posts.
The following users liked this post:
AlterZgo (01-23-2024)
Old 01-23-2024 | 05:54 AM
Stebbo
Rennlist Member

looks like a direct replacement to the Porsche Aero Kit, might get one and have a choice of spoilers for the summer

Quick Reply: Moshammer Ducktail V2