Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

992 base 6s 60-130

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2023, 10:19 PM
Quikag
Rennlist Member

Received 246 Likes on 94 Posts

What kind of power are you making? I figure around 600 wheel? Also what psi on the turbos?

Last edited by Quikag; 08-22-2023 at 10:26 PM.
Old 08-22-2023, 10:23 PM
reddsektor
Pro

Received 511 Likes on 263 Posts

Originally Posted by baldwinflyer
Doubt I'm the quickest, maybe on OEM turbos as there are a few upgraded turbo base 992 out there running high 9s in the 1/4 and mid 5s 60-130 (stock engine internals)

I dont have Sport chrono, so no sport plus here.

The IC wont add power directly but these cars are very sensitive to IAT and the byproduct of starting at a lower IAT will have impact, not to mention the reduced heat soak. - I haven't seen much good data on the IC upgrades. Do you have the CSF or DO88?

Not mentioned is my TCU is flashed, I recall during their testing this shaved .30 off the 60-130. - Do you have a TCU flash?

The great thing about my base is its very light with little options. Below is with 5/8th tank
My pdk (tcu) is flashed. It saved 0.2s off my time. I’m on stock intercooler. Still, these are extremely fast times I’ve not seen before on tuned 992’s and stock internals. ES tune must be doing something. Awesome to hear nonetheless.
The following users liked this post:
tmslc (12-09-2023)
Old 08-22-2023, 10:29 PM
baldwinflyer
Intermediate

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by reddsektor
My pdk (tcu) is flashed. It saved 0.2s off my time. I’m on stock intercooler. Still, these are extremely fast times I’ve not seen before on tuned 992’s and stock internals. ES tune must be doing something. Awesome to hear nonetheless.
Maybe it was my break-in lol
When the weather gets cooler we'll see how much quicker it goes. The lower weight vs a C4 or TTS makes it a blast to drive too, of all 992 I've driven I have to say its the most fun even without the extra power.
Old 08-22-2023, 10:34 PM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 8,145 Likes on 3,010 Posts

Between the cost of the work, voided warranty and depreciation, I am not entirely that this is a so called “poor man’s” solution. 😂

How much boost are you running? Do you know what your AFR target is? Given how much quicker you are than an S or GTS, you’re likely pushing some serious numbers.

It’s clearly, plenty quick. Your “beaten many Turbo S” assertion raised an eyebrow 🤨 — I’ve seen more 992 GT3s than 992 Turbo S cars. I am glad that you’re enjoying the car and look forward to your updates. 👍
Old 08-22-2023, 10:35 PM
baldwinflyer
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Quikag
What kind of power are you making? I figure around 600 wheel? Also what psi on the turbos?
You are pretty close with that guess. I'll have to check a log and see where peak boost has been landing.
Quikag (08-22-2023)
Old 08-22-2023, 10:38 PM
baldwinflyer
Intermediate

My all in total is very low considering I paid no ADM and was before the bigger price increases, so poor man compared to a TTS yes, voided warranty on powertrain also yes...but who expects the OEM to pay for something the owner did. This isn't my first rodeo and anyone modifying any car should know the risks.- well there are a few brand/models that standout as lacking understanding in this area lol

My local dealer is very mod friendly and Porsche does really well with modded cars and understanding faults of non-impacted parts. - If your dealer is Porsche Warrington (Sloane) they'd tell you this too.

You are very local to me and in the past 6 months I've encountered many TTS in this area. You should go to a Racemotive event and see how many 911 you run into, you'll find everything from stock 992 TTS to 1400whp 911 and everything in-between, not to mention all of the other vehicles.

- I ran into 2 TTS this week on route 611 alone!

Last edited by baldwinflyer; 08-22-2023 at 11:15 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by baldwinflyer:
AlterZgo (09-03-2023), detansinn (08-23-2023), jto24 (11-16-2023)
Old 08-22-2023, 11:14 PM
baldwinflyer
Intermediate

My all in total is very low considering I paid no ADM and was before the bigger price increases, so poor man compared to a TTS yes, voided warranty on powertrain also yes...but who expects the OEM to pay for something the owner did. This isn't my first rodeo and anyone modifying any car should know the risks.- well there are a few brand/models that standout as lacking understanding in this area lol

My local dealer is very mod friendly and Porsche does really well with modded cars and understanding faults of non-impacted parts. - If your dealer is Porsche Warrington (Sloane) they'd tell you this too.

You are very local to me and in the past 6 months I've encountered many TTS in this area. You should go to a Racemotive event and see how many 911 you run into, you'll find everything from stock 992 TTS to 1400whp 911 and everything in-between, not to mention all of the other vehicles.

- I ran into 2 TTS this week on route 611 alone!
detansinn (08-23-2023)
Old 08-22-2023, 11:49 PM
baldwinflyer
Intermediate

Here is a great post by ESMOTOR on the 992 they recently tuned making serious power (nearly 800wheel)…crazy numbers! This is same tuner who tuned my car, ESMOTOR is one of if not the most experienced custom Porsche tuners out there. Seems they went high 4s/low 5s on this setup.

View this post on Instagram

Last edited by baldwinflyer; 08-23-2023 at 12:10 AM.
Old 08-23-2023, 01:19 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,775 Likes on 5,140 Posts

I guess if you are drag racing your car, it is indeed a poor man's Turbo S; in fact, I would say, it's actually better than just a poor man's TTS.

But then what happens when you have to turn?

Even the poorest people have to turn their car at some point in time methinks.
Old 08-23-2023, 01:29 AM
baldwinflyer
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
I guess if you are drag racing your car, it is indeed a poor man's Turbo S; in fact, I would say, it's actually better than just a poor man's TTS.

But then what happens when you have to turn?

Even the poorest people have to turn their car at some point in time methinks.
Because a non “turbo” 992 handles horrible lol.

With similar power and the same rubber what makes you think a 992 thats lighter than a TTS, wont keep up, maybe even out brake and out handle it?

Last edited by baldwinflyer; 08-23-2023 at 01:34 AM.
AlterZgo (09-03-2023)
Old 08-23-2023, 01:39 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Because a non “turbo” 992 handles horrible lol.

With similar power and the same rubber what makes you think a 992 thats lighter than a TTS, wont keep up, maybe even out brake and out handle it?
Because handling is more than just weight and power, or weight to power ratio.

If it was that simple, car companies like (Kia/Hyundai) would not be poaching talent from BMW M division to chassis tune their street cars, or whey MB has an AMG division, or why Porsche has a GT division, or why (for a while there) Audi was spanking everyone with their Quattro system.

If it was just weight and power, then anyone would be able to make cars ride like they were riding on those proverbial "rails".

It's great that your car can go fast in a straight line, but really, most people are not buying Porsches to go from Point A to Point B without using the steering wheel for its intended purpose. At least they shouldn't be.

Last edited by ipse dixit; 08-23-2023 at 01:40 AM.
detansinn (08-23-2023)
Old 08-23-2023, 01:44 AM
baldwinflyer
Intermediate

If it was that simple, car companies like (Kia/Hyundai) would not be poaching talent from BMW M division to chassis tune their street cars, or whey MB has an AMG division, or why Porsche has a GT division, or why (for a while there) Audi was spanking everyone with their Quattro system.

If it was just weight and power, then anyone would be able to make cars ride like they were riding on those proverbial "rails".

It's great that your car can go fast in a straight line, but really, most people are not buying Porsches to go from Point A to Point B without using the steering wheel for its intended purpose. At least they shouldn't be.
you did not tell me why you think this, what you stated is internet knowledge, except track times have A LOT to do with power to weight.

So tell me why a 992 base that weighs a lot less than a TTS, wearing the same rubber will be so horrible to turn compare to that TTS? Tell me what components the TTS has that will greatly make up for its extra 300-400lbs and be noticed when it comes to its handling ability. Spring rate and even CCB vs the weight savings is a toss up. AWD is questionable at best when it comes to best handling. Not to mention you will never be able to approach even 8/10th on the street and most wont even be able to extract that on track.

Last edited by baldwinflyer; 08-23-2023 at 02:34 AM.
Old 08-23-2023, 01:46 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

you did not tell me why you think this, what you stared is common knowledge expect track times have A LOT to do with power to weight.

so tell me why a 992 base that weighs less than a TTS wearing the same rubber will be so horrible to turn compare to that TTS?
Enjoy your car, my friend.
Old 08-23-2023, 01:49 AM
baldwinflyer
Intermediate

Enjoy your car, my friend.
its comments like yours that make forums hated. If want to talk trash on what a 992 base owner will do when its time to turn at least be able to explain why us “poor” base owners will have such a horrible time handling compared to other 992.

I’ve been lucky enough to drive many 992(TT, C2,C2S, C4S) for extended periods, and I’ve found no amazing difference between them besides how poorly the goodyears are on this platform. I’ve found the lighter weight models are the most responsive and enjoyable to drive.

Just to be clear the 992 I’m talking about is a Porsche in case you confused it with a John Deere 992…in which case yes that would be a pain to turn.

Last edited by baldwinflyer; 08-23-2023 at 02:19 AM.
surquhar (08-23-2023)
Old 08-23-2023, 02:28 AM
repcapale
Rennlist Member

Received 598 Likes on 265 Posts

You have no idea what you are talking about.
The following 3 users liked this post by repcapale:
baldwinflyer (08-23-2023), surquhar (08-23-2023), Wilder (08-29-2023)

Quick Reply: 992 base 6s 60-130