Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nightmare: over 11 Weeks at Emden

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2023 | 02:36 PM
patrickoleas
Advanced

Originally Posted by robopp
Finally got on the SFL Conductor last night!

Glad to hear! I've been reading your thread and it's coming to a happy ending.
I will be in your shoes come November.

Last edited by patrickoleas; 08-10-2023 at 02:42 PM.
Old 08-10-2023 | 02:49 PM
drcollie
Rennlist Member

This thread shows why - as a manufacturer - its not a good idea to show your end user customer status reports on their order as it works its way to delivery to the selling dealer. Once you do that, expectations become high and any delay of any kind develops into issues and complexity. It sets a high bar that is self-inflicted on the part of Porsche AG, then begins eating up time on the part of the dealer and factory reps in order to attempt to appease the customer. And no amount of explaining is going to calm that client, they only want their goods, not excuses. I learned this a long time ago having a custom-ordered furniture business. I can only control delivery to a client once it is in my hands.
Old 08-10-2023 | 03:38 PM
robopp
Instructor

Originally Posted by drcollie
This thread shows why - as a manufacturer - its not a good idea to show your end user customer status reports on their order as it works its way to delivery to the selling dealer. Once you do that, expectations become high and any delay of any kind develops into issues and complexity. It sets a high bar that is self-inflicted on the part of Porsche AG, then begins eating up time on the part of the dealer and factory reps in order to attempt to appease the customer. And no amount of explaining is going to calm that client, they only want their goods, not excuses. I learned this a long time ago having a custom-ordered furniture business. I can only control delivery to a client once it is in my hands.
As an active participant in the process, and a curious person in general, I doubt this would have gone any different if TYD didn't exist. My expected delivery date was 6/7. I would have started asking the same questions in July and would have reached out the PCNA too. However, if rennlist didn't exist, this whole experience would have gone completely different. I really started to get frustrated once MY24 911's were landing in the US and I only knew that because of rennlist.
The following 4 users liked this post by robopp:
Just J (08-10-2023), Larson E. Rapp (08-11-2023), patrickoleas (08-10-2023), V999 (08-10-2023)
Old 08-10-2023 | 03:47 PM
slc4s
Three Wheelin'

Let Shipinfo.net become your new friend

my boat is currently floating at the entrance to the panama canal waiting for passage. Gets really sad when you check and its in the same place just pointing another direction.
The following users liked this post:
Icegrill (08-10-2023)
Old 08-10-2023 | 07:16 PM
V999
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by drcollie
I understand what you're saying. But I disagree.

We're buying six figure cars. In some cases, we're buying and waiting on cars that cost between a quarter and a half million dollars or more after options and markups.

IMO, the end-user expectations SHOULD be high.

I think most people here are pretty reasonable about accommodating delays caused by supply chain issues or port labor issues. These things happen. But in this case, Porsche appears to have lost track of a car at Port. That's what the customer service person from PCNA initially stated, more or less. She said there was no known reason for the delay.

If Porsche wants to be about excellence in all things, then they should look at this use-case and add some internal detection to their system that automatically detects when cars are not shipping out in a FIFO order from Emden, notifying folks at PCNA and tracking that stuff so they can contact the shipping company to get it addressed. This is a pretty simple bit of coding for the software group and some policy adjustment for PCNA or Porsche Germany.

The following 8 users liked this post by V999:
CZS (08-10-2023), gellie (08-10-2023), Just J (08-10-2023), Larson E. Rapp (08-11-2023), mashoutposse (08-10-2023), patrickoleas (08-10-2023), Radiationman (08-10-2023), robopp (08-11-2023) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 08-10-2023 | 07:29 PM
gellie
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by V999
I understand what you're saying. But I disagree.

We're buying six figure cars. In some cases, we're buying and waiting on cars that cost between a quarter and a half million dollars or more after options and markups.

IMO, the end-user expectations SHOULD be high.

I think most people here are pretty reasonable about accommodating delays caused by supply chain issues or port labor issues. These things happen. But in this case, Porsche appears to have lost track of a car at Port. That's what the customer service person from PCNA initially stated, more or less. She said there was no known reason for the delay.

If Porsche wants to be about excellence in all things, then they should look at this use-case and add some internal detection to their system that automatically detects when cars are not shipping out in a FIFO order from Emden, notifying folks at PCNA and tracking that stuff so they can contact the shipping company to get it addressed. This is a pretty simple bit of coding for the software group and some policy adjustment for PCNA or Porsche Germany.
I agree. Unfortunately, as a society we have lowered our standards of what constitutes excellent service.
Old 08-10-2023 | 07:45 PM
remington
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by robopp
Finally got on the SFL Conductor last night!
Congratulations! I will await the next post, "nightmare over 2 weeks waiting to transit the Panama Canal"

just kidding, won't be long now that your wheels are wet.
The following users liked this post:
Icegrill (08-10-2023)
Old 08-10-2023 | 07:55 PM
patrickoleas
Advanced

Default wrong thread

wrong thread sorry.

Last edited by patrickoleas; 08-10-2023 at 07:58 PM. Reason: wrong thread
Old 08-10-2023 | 08:25 PM
mashoutposse
Advanced

Congrats on the car finally getting on a boat! Let's hope your port experience goes a bit faster.

Last edited by mashoutposse; 08-10-2023 at 09:22 PM.
Old 08-11-2023 | 08:27 AM
edofloat
Rennlist Member

Old 08-11-2023 | 08:53 AM
robopp
Instructor

Wink

Originally Posted by remington
Congratulations! I will await the next post, "nightmare over 2 weeks waiting to transit the Panama Canal"

just kidding, won't be long now that your wheels are wet.
Haha, fortunately I'm going to Jacksonville so no Panama Canal, but there's always a chance for a massive delay at Jacksonville too.

I just got married to my soulmate, my 911 is on a boat to the US, and Porsche stepped up. Life is good! Enjoy your Porsches in good health everyone!
The following 2 users liked this post by robopp:
alin2 (08-11-2023), Just J (08-11-2023)

Quick Reply: Nightmare: over 11 Weeks at Emden