Sponsored by:

992 Dealer Allocation Tracker

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2023, 06:31 PM
jdrake
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 23 Posts
Default 992 Dealer Allocation Tracker

Is there any Porsche publication on 992 allocations to dealers? Specifically, I would like to see what allocations are being made for GTS Cabriolet models in NA

I pose these questions to anyone who might be in the know:
  • How are allocations given out to dealers?
  • Does using the configurator on Porsche's site and then designating a dealer help direct an allocation to that dealer?
  • Being third quarter 2023, will allocations start picking up Q4 2023? Q1 2024?
  • Are any allocations given starting now going to be for 2024 models? Will these still be 992.1s?
  • How do allocations and Paint To Sample orders line up? i.e. Is PTS only available at certain times and how would that line up if you were given an allocation but wanted a PTS during a period it was not available.
  • Has anyone had to pay an "allocation fee" over sticker for a GTS? I am aware of an allocation fee being charged for Turbo models but have yet to hear of one for GTS's.
Old 07-18-2023, 06:52 PM
WillyDaP
Rennlist Member

Received 203 Likes on 149 Posts

I would tell you that allocations are a Mystery Art even for Dealers and regardless of the vehicle make other things can change said allocations at any time. Plenty of questions and honestly your best answer is to just check around for a Dealer since allocations are specific to each Dealer and for reasons of confidentiality they are not shared from one Dealer Franchise to another.
Old 07-18-2023, 06:56 PM
jdrake
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by WillyDaP
I would tell you that allocations are a Mystery Art even for Dealers and regardless of the vehicle make other things can change said allocations at any time. Plenty of questions and honestly your best answer is to just check around for a Dealer since allocations are specific to each Dealer and for reasons of confidentiality they are not shared from one Dealer Franchise to another.
Interesting. I could imagine a situation where a dealer was allocated a GTS Cab and not have anyone on the list to order one. What happens then if other dealers who have long lists for GTS Cabs don't know there are allocations with no one to order? Would that dealer with the GTS allocation then go out to other dealers to trade for an allocation they have a customer on a list for?
Old 07-18-2023, 07:01 PM
nyca
Drifting

Received 901 Likes on 503 Posts

They would never give out this information, as its the "holy grail" to managing their ADM strategy.
Old 07-18-2023, 08:51 PM
cgaites
Rennlist Member

Received 425 Likes on 99 Posts

I can answer your fourth question. The allocations being given out now, at least in the US, are for MY 2024 and are 992.1s.
Old 07-19-2023, 02:57 AM
CloudBoy
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jdrake;[url=tel:18914230
18914230[/url]]Interesting. I could imagine a situation where a dealer was allocated a GTS Cab and not have anyone on the list to order one. What happens then if other dealers who have long lists for GTS Cabs don't know there are allocations with no one to order? Would that dealer with the GTS allocation then go out to other dealers to trade for an allocation they have a customer on a list for?
I can tell you that indeed happens. PCNA has a portal called DealerTrade where as the name suggests the dealers can trade their allocations before a certain date (before the freeze date etc are finalized in the system). My SA showed me the portal on his screen.
anyways, once those build dates are set, allocation is locked to that dealer. But before that date, allocations can be swapped/traded.

how do I know? That’s how I got my GTS Cab. I walked into the dealership in the morning. The dealer didn’t have an allocation for cab but one for 4gts coupe. My SA put it on DealerTrade and another dealer in Northeast had a gts cab allocation for the same month. And they swapped the GTS allocations.
I got a call in the evening that my gts cab allocation is available for me to firm up my build. The freeze and build dates were set in the dealers system after 3 weeks for 2 months out.
The following users liked this post:
Schwarz992C4S (07-19-2023)
Old 07-19-2023, 07:07 AM
Fullyield
Drifting

Received 1,442 Likes on 911 Posts

The allocation formula for any given dealer constantly changes based on customer satisfaction survey results, sales volume, European deliveries, leases, supply and demand, etc. Extra allocations are also used as bonuses to dealers. My car was an end of year, Christmas bonus allocation to dealer. Good luck.

Last edited by Fullyield; 07-19-2023 at 07:09 AM.
Icegrill (07-19-2023)
Old 07-19-2023, 09:09 AM
edofloat
Rennlist Member

Received 111 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Fullyield
The allocation formula for any given dealer constantly changes based on customer satisfaction survey results, sales volume, European deliveries, leases, supply and demand, etc. Extra allocations are also used as bonuses to dealers. My car was an end of year, Christmas bonus allocation to dealer. Good luck.
Agreed. Sometimes allocations are simply arbitrary and the factory rep can quietly hand out extra allocations to the dealers. For instance, if the dealer reaches certain penetration on service contracts, maintenance, or some other things like accessories that might help the factory rep's paycheck then those dealers might get extra cars.

The factory most certainly shares the allocation process with the dealers to avoid dealers or dealer groups from constantly threatening the factory. However, there are plenty of levers that the factory can use to withhold allocation or hand out extra allocation, but the factory won't share or write this down anywhere.
Old 07-19-2023, 09:24 AM
Scott P
Rennlist Member

Received 3,199 Likes on 1,373 Posts

[QUOTE=jdrake;18914230 Would that dealer with the GTS allocation then go out to other dealers to trade for an allocation they have a customer on a list for?[/QUOTE]

I have seen a web page at a dealer where the dealers are actively seeking trades with each other to cover requests; 2 Carreras for a GTS Targa for example.
Icegrill (07-19-2023)

Quick Reply: 992 Dealer Allocation Tracker