Sponsored by:

Porsche Wheel and Tire Insurance

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2023, 08:51 PM
slwong23
Rennlist Member

Received 411 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by Highline-Autos.com
$3,104 for 7 year Fidelity Superior Wheel and Tire protection, $0 deductible, repairs and replacement accepted at all Porsche dealerships in the country. You can reach me at tgibson@highline-autos.com or (855) 924-1333 if you have any questions or would like to see an example contract that explains coverage.
Is there a lower term available and if so, at what cost?
Old 05-01-2023, 10:03 PM
TPLSM3
Intermediate

Received 39 Likes on 13 Posts

Anyone can price out a plan through https://factoryprotect.ratessys.com Michael Bernardo at Steingold Volvo is the one that handles that website. I originally found out about his warranty offerings when purchasing my wife’s vehicle. He offers warranty for ALL vehicle makes and is extremely aggressive with his pricing. I have the wheel/tire warranty through Fidelity that I purchased from him and it’s extremely easy to use. Take it to any dealership and give them the contract and dealer calls it in for approval. I got the policy that also covers cosmetic damage to the wheels as well.
Old 05-01-2023, 10:47 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 545 Likes on 398 Posts

Originally Posted by slwong23
Is there a lower term available and if so, at what cost?
Yes sir, terms almost monthly between 2-8 years, reach out at tgibson@highline-autos.com or (855) 924-1333 for specific offerings.

Official RECARO Automotive Retailer: www.highline-autos.com/product-category/recaro/

Highline Autos Magazine - Volume XXI, Issue 03 https://bit.ly/3wTsNzM

Old 05-01-2023, 11:03 PM
jhenson29
Rennlist Member

Received 1,262 Likes on 513 Posts

Insurance, to me, is to cover catastrophic loss. Not small issues. Wheels are not catastrophic loss. If something happens, I’ll deal with it. But history tells me it probably won’t. Your history may differ.
Old 06-02-2024, 10:47 PM
dontlookback
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by nal13
So finalizing numbers for delivery and I'm being pressured into the wheel and tire package. Its $4600. It does cover 7 years of unlimited warranty and I was told a single centerlock wheel is going to set me back $4000. Thoughts? Was planning on getting it yesterday but am very much on the fence today.
I have never bent a rim and in all my cars over the years, have only had to replace 4 tires due to hazard damage.
im now In This position.

I know this is an old post but from a risk reward standpoint I think it does make sense afterall if you get a few nails in your tires over years or damage 1 rim or hit a bad pothole. Tires alone cost 5-700$ a CL rim can easily be 5k
Old 06-02-2024, 10:49 PM
dontlookback
Instructor

Originally Posted by jhenson29
Insurance, to me, is to cover catastrophic loss. Not small issues. Wheels are not catastrophic loss. If something happens, I’ll deal with it. But history tells me it probably won’t. Your history may differ.
I think the equivalent of $55 a month insurance for 7 years in unlimited replacement wheels and tires that are damaged is well worth it considering the price and vulnerability of these tires and rims
Old 06-02-2024, 10:50 PM
doug_999
Rennlist Member

Received 862 Likes on 441 Posts

Originally Posted by dontlookback
im now In This position.

I know this is an old post but from a risk reward standpoint I think it does make sense afterall if you get a few nails in your tires over years or damage 1 rim or hit a bad pothole. Tires alone cost 5-700$ a CL rim can easily be 5k
1. Most people won't keep the car for 7 years
2. Your car insurance would cover the new wheel if you really needed it.

I'm all for peace of mind, but not at those prices.

Old 06-02-2024, 10:53 PM
doug_999
Rennlist Member

I think the equivalent of $55 a month insurance for 7 years in unlimited replacement wheels and tires that are damaged is well worth it considering the price and vulnerability of these tires and rims
Putting it that way, it is a complete waste of money.

When was the last time you read about a person breaking one of their wheels here? Yes, we all go through a passenger rear tire - but that's $500. It simply is not worth $55 a month for 7 years.
Old 06-02-2024, 11:03 PM
dontlookback
Instructor

Originally Posted by doug_999
1. Most people won't keep the car for 7 years
2. Your car insurance would cover the new wheel if you really needed it.

I'm all for peace of mind, but not at those prices.
I didn’t think of the car insurance covering the wheel - good point. If one sells the car is the wheel and tire plan transferrable?

my daily driver is a BMW I live in NYC it has run flats and I regret not getting the insurance I’ve been through 3 tires in 4 years - blowouts from bad roads
Old 06-02-2024, 11:06 PM
doug_999
Rennlist Member

I didn’t think of the car insurance covering the wheel - good point. If one sells the car is the wheel and tire plan transferrable?

my daily driver is a BMW I live in NYC it has run flats and I regret not getting the insurance I’ve been through 3 tires in 4 years - blowouts from bad roads
So a 4 year policy would have cost you about $2,500 from BMW, I think you are still ahead of the game - especially because you would have paid the money up front, now you spend the $300 per tire across 4 years. On my 992, I saw the dealer cost of the tire and wheel package - it was less than $1K - so even at that price they are making money. It is insurance - it is there to cover the worst case, but for most of us, that rarely happens.
The following users liked this post:
dontlookback (06-02-2024)
Old 06-02-2024, 11:10 PM
dontlookback
Instructor

Originally Posted by doug_999
So a 4 year policy would have cost you about $2,500 from BMW, I think you are still ahead of the game - especially because you would have paid the money up front, now you spend the $300 per tire across 4 years. On my 992, I saw the dealer cost of the tire and wheel package - it was less than $1K - so even at that price they are making money. It is insurance - it is there to cover the worst case, but for most of us, that rarely happens.
I’m more concerned about the wheels than the tire. If you see my curb rash in my wheels I have I get them all repaired (wife and young son can’t seem to steer clear of the curbs lol. 😂 jokes aside so you know if wheel insurance will replace wheels for curb rash
Old 06-02-2024, 11:15 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,340 Likes on 705 Posts

I’m more concerned about the wheels than the tire. If you see my curb rash in my wheels I have I get them all repaired (wife and young son can’t seem to steer clear of the curbs lol. 😂 jokes aside so you know if wheel insurance will replace wheels for curb rash
if they actually cover it is another story.

I got the tire and wheel warranty for my GT3 and those bastards weasled their way out of paying for a bent rim.

If you can afford a 6 figure sports care, better to insure yourself for the little things. You save in the end and much less hassle as well.
Old 06-02-2024, 11:19 PM
doug_999
Rennlist Member

They will not replace, they will repair if you have the right coverage.

Originally Posted by Drifting

I got the tire and wheel warranty for my GT3 and those bastards weasled their way out of paying for a bent rim.

If you can afford a 6 figure sports care, better to insure yourself for the little things. You save in the end and much less hassle as well.
The BMW OEM policy states that if the rim holds air, it is good to go. Terrible terrible policy.

Old 06-02-2024, 11:25 PM
Einmalig
Rennlist Member

Received 158 Likes on 73 Posts

The only reason to purchase would be if you expected to destroy your car’s wheels or tires at a rate quicker than your $4600 investment could grow at 5%. This product is overpriced and unnecessary for all but a small percentage of unlucky owners.

When it comes to non-catastrophic coverages, you are best advised to leave your money in the bank and to self-insure.
Old 06-02-2024, 11:40 PM
dontlookback
Instructor

Originally Posted by Drifting

wow that’s not cool that they didn’t pay for the rim

Quick Reply: Porsche Wheel and Tire Insurance