Sponsored by:

First Roadtrip

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2023, 06:26 PM
repcapale
Rennlist Member

Received 594 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian - PNW
Yes, I painted the wheels satin black (Factory Wheel Outlet in Clackamas, OR) Lifetime warranty for chipping, pro guys!

I wanted the RS Spyder wheels but my new 992 came with the "Turbo" with machined front surfaces. I started playing with them in Photoshop and really liked them in black so had them done.

It's nice having something a bit different than the next P, but I guess most Targa drivers are like that.
They look great.
Old 04-17-2023, 07:10 PM
ABE992
Advanced

Received 42 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Brian - PNW
Yes, I painted the wheels satin black (Factory Wheel Outlet in Clackamas, OR) Lifetime warranty for chipping, pro guys!

I wanted the RS Spyder wheels but my new 992 came with the "Turbo" with machined front surfaces. I started playing with them in Photoshop and really liked them in black so had them done.

It's nice having something a bit different than the next P, but I guess most Targa drivers are like that.
Looks great. Where do it get the center caps?
Old 04-17-2023, 11:02 PM
Brian - PNW
AutoX

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

The center caps were from the “turbo” wheels, but the guys masked them and painted with the same satin black as the wheels. Looks stock, which is what I was going for.
Old 04-18-2023, 08:16 AM
txpackers
Racer

Received 299 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Matjaz
Me and Not Sally (that is how I named my 911 as one day I hope to get Sally too) took our first roadtrip from Seattle over to the East and drove through the Canyon road (side road from Ellensburg to Yakima). She did amazing. Just as we entered the canyon she passed 1000mi of breaking in. Finally she could go from roaring to screaming. And she was screaming past 7000rpm. What a joy what a ride.

She is such a beauty and so fun to drive. After getting out of canyon (without any speeding ticket) we both had to stop and take some break for a snack. The rest of the drive we were just giggling.

Manual transmission is so good. Not sure why there is 7th gear as I never had to go past 6th.

Sounds like a great trip. Any issues with rock chips this time of year? Or do you have PPF?
Old 04-18-2023, 11:17 AM
Matjaz
Advanced

Received 69 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by txpackers
Sounds like a great trip. Any issues with rock chips this time of year? Or do you have PPF?
Luckily no chips. I have not done PPF or Ceramic coating. Not sure I care about the PPF as I'll drive this car as much as I can and it will get chipped one way or the other. Might do ceramic coating though...

I to wipe her down after every drive or heavy rain

Quick Reply: First Roadtrip