Front license plate bracket

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2023, 07:09 PM
Marty H.
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Right now I’m leaning toward this one:

https://skenebrackets.com/pages/gallery

I used it before on my ‘17 Boxter and it has unlimited vertical and angle versatility. You have to drill two small holes in the underside of a horizontal surface that cannot be easily viewed even if the bracket is removed. It’s easier to find the center of the bumper now because of the placement of the camera in the center.
Old 04-02-2023, 07:20 PM
Marty H.
AutoX

What I don’t like about this is there there is no angle or vertical adjustments allowed. The 992 surface is angled and it has to fit above or below the camera. Right now I’m leaning toward this one:

it allows unlimited angle and vertical adjustments. I used it on my ‘17 718. You have to drill two small holes in the underside of a horizontal surface. Bu they are not noticeable even if the bracket is removed.
Old 04-02-2023, 07:39 PM
Marty H.
AutoX

I just looked under the front bumper again. It does have those holes that the Carbonio uses for mounting so it will probably work. Th Carbonio photos do not show scale. The holes are only a quarter inch in diameter, not an inch like I thought.

Also I think the plate looks much better mounted below the camera than above it.

Last edited by Marty H.; 04-02-2023 at 07:41 PM.
Old 04-03-2023, 09:05 AM
911newguy
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Marty H.
What I don’t like about this is there there is no angle or vertical adjustments allowed. The 992 surface is angled and it has to fit above or below the camera. Right now I’m leaning toward this one:

it allows unlimited angle and vertical adjustments. I used it on my ‘17 718. You have to drill two small holes in the underside of a horizontal surface. Bu they are not noticeable even if the bracket is removed.
I had one of their mounts on my BMW M550, it worked fine until the dealer decided it was part of my cruise control problem and removed it, destroying the two sided tape. It was not the issue. I carried it around in the back seat for the next two years in case of any law enforcement interaction. I got pulled over once for speeding, no mention of the plate even though the trooper used laser on the front of the car.

The notice on their website says they are closing the business.
Old 04-11-2023, 03:27 PM
Orca911
Rennlist Member

Received 394 Likes on 210 Posts

I am selling this Carbonio if it works for anyone here:
https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1344453

I have the stick on version on my GT3 now. I leave the plate in my frunk and figure if I get pulled over I can plead my case and reattach on the spot.
As noted in the add... I definitely have the version for ACC somewhere as well. If somebody wants that I can go dig around for where I put it.
Old 04-27-2023, 10:17 AM
Orca911
Rennlist Member

Hey I found my OTHER Carbonio mount that I would love to off load. Anyone thinking about this for a car WITH ACC drop me a line. I'm in MA and NH a lot so anyone local will give a great deal...

Carbonio DUO mount for cars with ACC
Old 04-27-2023, 12:06 PM
Tris10
Track Day

Originally Posted by Orca911
I am selling this Carbonio if it works for anyone here:
https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1344453

I have the stick on version on my GT3 now. I leave the plate in my frunk and figure if I get pulled over I can plead my case and reattach on the spot.
As noted in the add... I definitely have the version for ACC somewhere as well. If somebody wants that I can go dig around for where I put it.
Is this still available? I have a manual Cab coming next week
Old 04-27-2023, 04:46 PM
Orca911
Rennlist Member

I have the with ACC version here: Carbonio DUO mount for cars with ACC -- Still available.
I sold the other one.
LMK if this works for you?
Old 06-25-2023, 12:59 AM
rsherbs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by adm63
I was looking for input on this as well, I don't run my front plates daily but I like having a quick and easy way to make it look like I do if needed.

On previous cars I use rho-plate tow hook mounts but I'm not sure if I like the way it works with the placement on the 992

I did some quick research and found this, pricey and still unsure if it's as good of a product as they claim, was hoping to hear if users here have any experience with it
https://carbonio.com/collections/por...31926190473285
I tried Carbonio for my 2008 C4S 997.1, pricey at $180, and ultimately found the concept has a few flaws. (1) The adhesion failed and the only reason I didn’t lose the whole plate unit while driving was that I had added industrial epoxy to the installation (as backstop). (2) The weight of the full license plate unit stressed the plastic grill which broke the little notches on the chassis and detached.

I was hoping to avoid the off-center tow hook mount but prioritize durability and am ending up going that way.
Old 06-26-2023, 12:51 AM
SilveR316
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 28 Posts

Does anyone know if you can order the ACC version of the Carbonio if your car does not have ACC? The non-ACC version of the mount is way more expensive and it looks like it goes under the lip, which reduces ground clearance even further. I'd prefer to mount the plate in the location above where the ACC sensor normally is.
Old 06-26-2023, 08:39 AM
Ray K.
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 54 Posts

I'm using a Sto and Show. I had one for my previous M4 and was happy with it. Not as elegant as the Carbonio, but not as expensive either. There are options for 992's with and without ACC. I have the non ACC and non-sport bumper and it doesn't require drilling or tape.

Sto and Sho
Old 04-26-2024, 02:39 AM
LeetRC
5th Gear

Received 18 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SilveR316
Does anyone know if you can order the ACC version of the Carbonio if your car does not have ACC? The non-ACC version of the mount is way more expensive and it looks like it goes under the lip, which reduces ground clearance even further. I'd prefer to mount the plate in the location above where the ACC sensor normally is.

Did you end up ordering it? How did it work?
Old 04-26-2024, 08:36 AM
Orca911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SilveR316
probably not.
Read the mounting instructions on their website and you will be able to see why.
The version that clips on tje belly pan only works with that slotted pan. I had a wrong stick on version and the pads hit right where there was an indent.
I'd pay the extra for the right version. Or you will end up like me with $1,000 of hard to return (they are in Canada) mounts selling them on the classifieds...
Old 04-26-2024, 10:11 AM
Staffie Guy
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,282 Likes on 618 Posts

I have the Carbonio plate, and I find it is a good product with 2 shortcomings:

*Reduces ground clearance
*When attached it is not as sturdy as I would like and often causes the plate to not align parallel with the ground. This is due to the semi flexible plastic plate on the underside of the car to which it attaches, not the product itself.

With that said, I think it is one of the best solutions out there.
Old 04-26-2024, 11:29 AM
Orca911
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Staffie Guy
I have the Carbonio plate, and I find it is a good product with 2 shortcomings:
*Reduces ground clearance
*When attached it is not as sturdy as I would like and often causes the plate to not align parallel with the ground. This is due to the semi flexible plastic plate on the underside of the car to which it attaches, not the product itself.
With that said, I think it is one of the best solutions out there.
So I agree with you totally on the WITH ACC version. That extra 1/4"+ made my GTS scrape in a lot more places - granted it was on the bracket but it was what it was. The benefit is that its SUPER easy to install and just clips onto that louvered plate which is really slick. I never worried about security - but honestly it was hardly ever on my car.

But the Non-ACC version (which wouldn't work on the GTS bumper) DOESN'T impact clearance. I put a similar version (my 3rd one) on a 992 GT3.

I wish i knew 90% less about this topic :-)

Quick Reply: Front license plate bracket