Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

992 Sports Package Rear Diffuser / Bumper Options?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2023, 07:20 PM
luciddaydream
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts
Default 992 Sports Package Rear Diffuser / Bumper Options?

Hello
Does anyone know of any third party companies make something that is a bit more interesting for this piece?
Forgive me -- I am not sure if this part is considered the rear bumper or diffuser.

I have GTS and I was looking for a different look for this area.

It seems Moshammer has one, but I am not in love with it:

https://automotive.moshammer.com/pro...v=7516fd43adaa

Thanks a lot.
Old 03-24-2023, 09:35 PM
Dan006
Racer

Received 189 Likes on 111 Posts

It is very well your sport bumper Design…Why do you want to change?
Old 03-24-2023, 10:29 PM
Shogunade
Rennlist Member

Received 2,144 Likes on 1,186 Posts

I can see why you wouldn't like it either. I was in the same boat. Some how the non sport looked better at first. Same for the front.

Anyway, I've looked and wasn't able to find others except the Chinese knockoffs of the gt3 or turbo that are supposed to fit on our Carreras.

The sport did eventually grow on me. Only thing I would now consider is doing it in carbon:

Last edited by Shogunade; 03-24-2023 at 10:32 PM.
Old 03-25-2023, 12:46 AM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Received 393 Likes on 215 Posts

I totally agree with your opinion and dilemma. I had the same quandary when we ordered our Targa with SD and did the same searches and maybe even started a thread on it back in the day. In the end, we kept as delivered and it sort of grew on me…BUT I just started a thread last week on the 992 Turbo S board because we have one on its way and we can’t get the rear lower fascia painted due to a stop sale- and matte looks so unfinished imho. The Turbo S is different lower fascia with sport exhaust and looks good painted or gloss black which is not the case for the SD package. We will paint in gloss black or body colour but that isn’t a solution for you. My opinion is you will learn to like SD.

It is odd that the lower extremities on such an expensive car is not finished.

Last edited by Overdraft; 03-25-2023 at 12:48 AM.
Old 03-25-2023, 12:45 PM
MattBauer
Intermediate

Received 38 Likes on 17 Posts

The cars intercooler discharges out those two ports on the sides. The sports design bumper also has an additional discharge/exhaust port down the middle. This is a more efficient airflow design. Keeping the intercooler temps down is important to keeping power up. No other manufacturer puts an intercooler in the back of the car on top of the engine! That’s a tough problem. They normally are front mounted in direct airflow. If you are going to change a bumper for cosmetics, don’t take away from the performance of the car. My find yourself losing those extra few HP over the S in the process. Hotter it is outside the more heat soak will be an effects. Aftermarket manufacturers don’t do any of the engineering/research Porsche does on how the whole package works together. Just leave it alone and find something else to obsess over.
The following 3 users liked this post by MattBauer:
Dan006 (03-25-2023), Yojeffo (03-25-2023), ZacapaXO (04-25-2023)
Old 03-25-2023, 05:32 PM
911Castle
Rennlist Member

Received 304 Likes on 146 Posts

I have the same rear bumper/diffuser, but it came gloss black with the arrow kit. Maybe consider doing that with a red accent in the middle or something. I think you'll like it way better once it's not a big piece of plastic.
Old 03-25-2023, 08:50 PM
luciddaydream
Advanced

Originally Posted by Overdraft
I totally agree with your opinion and dilemma. I had the same quandary when we ordered our Targa with SD and did the same searches and maybe even started a thread on it back in the day. In the end, we kept as delivered and it sort of grew on me…BUT I just started a thread last week on the 992 Turbo S board because we have one on its way and we can’t get the rear lower fascia painted due to a stop sale- and matte looks so unfinished imho. The Turbo S is different lower fascia with sport exhaust and looks good painted or gloss black which is not the case for the SD package. We will paint in gloss black or body colour but that isn’t a solution for you. My opinion is you will learn to like SD.

It is odd that the lower extremities on such an expensive car is not finished.
I agree. I have an agate gray GTS with high gloss black package.
I was thinking of painting this area high gloss black because I think it will look really nice with the agate gray.

But I thought perhaps there was a part i could get and save money. But painting is actually probably cheaper.
Old 03-25-2023, 08:51 PM
luciddaydream
Advanced

"The cars intercooler discharges out those two ports on the sides. The sports design bumper also has an additional discharge/exhaust port down the middle. This is a more efficient airflow design. Keeping the intercooler temps down is important to keeping power up. No other manufacturer puts an intercooler in the back of the car on top of the engine! That’s a tough problem. They normally are front mounted in direct airflow. If you are going to change a bumper for cosmetics, don’t take away from the performance of the car. My find yourself losing those extra few HP over the S in the process. Hotter it is outside the more heat soak will be an effects. Aftermarket manufacturers don’t do any of the engineering/research Porsche does on how the whole package works together. Just leave it alone and find something else to obsess over."

Would it be bad to paint it in high gloss black?
Old 04-25-2023, 11:35 AM
james6speed
Pro

Received 220 Likes on 100 Posts

I like this one from TechArt. Painted like that as well. It really ties in the rear of the car with the sides and front added.

The following users liked this post:
911vsC2s (04-26-2023)

Quick Reply: 992 Sports Package Rear Diffuser / Bumper Options?