Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C2S Delivery and Driving Review!

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2023, 10:19 PM
Triathlonkid
Racer

Received 162 Likes on 78 Posts
Default C2S Delivery and Driving Review!

Hi Team,

Thank you all for your help over the past year. I've found all your comments very helpful and am posting here to both show appreciation and also perhaps offer some info that may help future folks.

I took delivery of my 23 C2S and over the past week have had a great time with it thus far.

What I love:
- the handling is outstanding
- the aesthetic and wide body looks great
- build quality feels high, with exception of some interior cabin plastic pieces
- it's my first Porsche! A kid's dream come true.

What I considered in building and taking delivery of the car:
- I watched hundreds of videos, read hundreds of threads, asked lots of questions, test drove a carrera base, S and GTS in person, looked at every minute detail including headlight casing color differences and leather interior trim differences. At this point, I can recite every single add-on option.
- decided on the S because it made sense for what I am looking for.
- decided on a non-black/white/silver color because a pop of color seemed nice!
- paid cash for the car because based on interest rate it didn't make sense to me personally to lease or finance.
- declined all dealer add-on options.

What I'm glad I got:
- Carmine red (the guards red tach/belt looks great with it- I was worried about color mismatch)
- FAL. I use it at least 5x per drive and the GPS memory is great. I've pretty much got my city mapped out at this point and it just does it automatically. I have to figure out if it auto-lowers the car down. The memory seems to raise it up at the GPS location but I seem to have to manually dip it down. But I'm still figuring out how to operate some details.
- Burmeister. I think it's just ok. If I got the Bose I probably would've kicked myself. I also love the silver casing of the burmeister and find it significantly nicer than the black bose casing. I don't think the Porsche sound system even at the highest tier is all that great so if sound is important to you, I'd recommend getting the highest trim you can get.
- Deviated stitching, Tac and Sport Chronoc, Belts in red. I love the pop of color and the red stitching on the steering wheel.
- Carbon sport steering wheel. Love the look and the thicker wheel feels nice.
- Sport design package, high gloss package
- Sport package w/ sport chrono
- Glass roof- great lighting. I never open it. I just got it to make it brighter.
- Red tail lights. Looks more aggressive than the clear tailights.
- Little accents make a difference. Love the porsche crest on headrest, exclusive design fuel cap, PDK in aluminum and pedals in aluminum.

What I wish I got:
- leather door handle. The plastic door handle feels cheap to me.
- I wish I got the electric steering column with my 18 ways. Mine came with the manual after what I believe is due to a supply chain shortage. It feels cheap. Valet people oftentimes will change the configuration and it's crummy to not be able to click 1 on the memory seat setting and have everything go to your personal config. Is there a refund for it still?

What I'm glad I didn't get:
- illuminated carbon fiber side-sills. Thought long and hard and looked at the option in person. Very glad I didn't get it as I never look at the door sill, even though I thought I would.
- PCCBs. The current brakes have tremendous stopping power and the red calipers look great.
- Porsche design clock. You can't make it red and I love my red sport chrono clock.
- 930 leather package. If you get 18 way sport seats w/ deviated stitching, it looks very sporty! The 930 doesn't feel any different by the way. I thought it added more "padding" but after sitting in it, it's purely aesthetic differences.

What I need more time to figure out:
- I find the PDLS+ lights to not be that all that bright. I wonder if I should've gotten the LED matrix lights, but don't know if it is actually brighter? In person, the X lights didn't look as good to me as the 4 circles so I went with PDLS+ for aesthetic purposes, and because I have no idea if the matrix will be activated in the US anytime soon. I also don't think the PDLS+ lights "curve" when I drive.
- 18 way sport seats don't feel that supportive to be honest. I didn't have the chance to do a long-drive comparison w/ the 14 way but it makes me wonder. I drove for 1.5 hrs in the 18 way and found the cushioning to be alright, but not super supportive. If it is true these are the most "comfy seats", then for those who wonder if they should get it I would say definitely get it because I can't imagine what the "less supportive" options feel like.
- some have mentioned vented seats add stiffness to the seat. My vented seats came w/ premium pack but I believe the new ones don't. I think the current ventilation is great and I never even click the vented seats. For those who may need to pay extra for vented seats maybe test out the difference before committing. I wish I looked into this aspect further. It wasn't a problem for shorter drives, but I never tested the seats for 1.5 hrs in length and now I don't necessarily want to take the car on a super long-road trip.
- Is there an app for the car that lets you lock the car etc? There is one for other car companies but I haven't figured it out yet for Porsche.

Interesting quirks:
- the mirror does not dip down very much during reverse? Hard to see the curb
- auto start-stop is always on for normal mode. There doesn't seem to be a way to "save" the memory.
- auto rain wipers aren't the most intelligent. Sometimes they barely wipe despite there being rainwater?
- there is a whirl sound coming from the brakes everytime I step on it. Almost sounds like regen brakes. Hope the sound goes away with time.

What I'm surprised about:
- the car is pretty firm and I can feel a lot of bumps even on normal mode. City driving is doable but definitely not all that comfortable.
- there is not all that much difference between normal/sport/sport plus modes. And I'm pretty sure the only unique difference of individual mode is if you want to drive it on sport plus but with a normal suspension. Otherwise every other configuration variable is already accounted for.
I wish the delta between normal - > sport - > sport plus is greater. In other words, I wish normal mode was with an even softer suspension and a quieter cabin w/ noise shielded from the engine. I wish Sport and Sport plus modes are even louder and that you hear more of the engine.
- PDK is good, but honestly not any different than any other good car? At least it doesn't stand out to me when I drive or maybe that's the charm of it... I dunno.
- the gas pedal is very stiff and driving between traffic lights is a little herky jerky sometimes.
- the car sometimes rolls backwards after a light, almost like a manual, even though it's PDK.
- the steering wheel is fairly heavy in the parking lot and this is with power steering plus. I wonder if mine is even on? Maybe this is just the nature of what a sport wheel feels like?
- I haven't been able to use any of the raw power of the car. On a daily basis, the interior cabin luxuries are much more palpable than the horsepower of the car itself. So for those who wonder if you should spec certain things, I'd encourage you to make the inside as nice as you can because these are your daily touchpoints.
- I wonder if I should have gotten the base carrera, as I can't feel much of a difference in power with the S and maybe the softer suspension is better as a daily driver. Perhaps after driving the S for a while when I go back to a base I'll feel a difference. Will report back in the future on this point.

I think my biggest advice to those ordering is try and go personally touch/experience every single option that you think you may care about, and do it multiple times as your opinion may change. If ever in doubt, as long as it doesn't break the bank just pay for the option because for most things it's hard to add later on. Also, ask about prices. I still have to figure out servicing prices after declining all add on options like prepaid maintenance. It seems like we are all quoted a big range for everything and it's easy to get fooled into paying more for no reason.

Hope we all drive in good health and enjoy this shared journey together.

Last edited by Triathlonkid; 02-26-2023 at 10:26 PM.
The following 21 users liked this post by Triathlonkid:
AlterZgo (02-27-2023), Billy Bluejay (03-02-2023), Dr Arnheim (02-27-2023), ferraris (02-28-2023), FlatSiix (02-27-2023), Fullyield (02-27-2023), Go Bruins (02-27-2023), Humbucker427 (02-26-2023), kimbersm (02-27-2023), Nein Eleven (02-27-2023), pfelsen (02-27-2023), remington (02-26-2023), secondtimer (02-27-2023), Staffie Guy (02-27-2023), TK42ONE (02-26-2023), tomtomtomtom (02-26-2023), vg247 (03-01-2023), Victory911 (03-12-2023), Wilder (03-12-2023), ZacapaXO (02-27-2023), Ørjan (02-27-2023) and 16 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 02-26-2023, 10:25 PM
remington
Burning Brakes

Received 1,448 Likes on 517 Posts

Appreciate the insights. Waiting for my C2 to get on a boat. Spec'd mine more as a daily. Also surprised you need FAL 5x / day.
The following users liked this post:
PorscheObsessed (02-26-2023)
Old 02-26-2023, 10:32 PM
PorscheObsessed
Racer

Received 219 Likes on 111 Posts
Default ??!

Guess Porsche does have a diversifying base of customers. My feelings about FAL, PDK, normal mode suspension, 18 way seats, the weight overhead of leather are exactly the opposite of yours.
Hope you enjoy it for a while.
The following users liked this post:
Nidal (03-02-2023)
Old 02-26-2023, 10:50 PM
meyecul
Pro

Received 377 Likes on 210 Posts

Congrats, nice detailed review! One note on the reverse dipping side mirror. If it’s like in my 21 Macan GTS then you can adjust this. Check your manual for the procedure or maybe someone else here will chime in. (I would describe but my 992 is currently being built so not here yet). Again congrats on a great looking 911!
Old 02-26-2023, 10:52 PM
Yojeffo
Rennlist Member

Received 311 Likes on 132 Posts

Your too damn heady. Jump in it and drive the **** out of it OR sell it.
"PDK is good, but honestly not any different than any other good car? At least it doesn't stand out to me when I drive". Buy a car with a better transmission. Test drive a Chevy with a Supermatic or a Benz with a 4matic transmission before you sell.
Old 02-26-2023, 10:58 PM
Triathlonkid
Racer

Originally Posted by Yojeffo
Your too damn heady. Jump in it and drive the **** out of it OR sell it.
"PDK is good, but honestly not any different than any other good car? At least it doesn't stand out to me when I drive". Buy a car with a better transmission. Test drive a Chevy with a Supermatic or a Benz with a 4matic transmission before you sell.
haha I dunno I haven't driven those cars. Maybe that's why it's good, you don't think about changing gears when you drive. Maybe I'm not enough of a car head or don't know enough about transmissions, but I'll say my current range rover V8 shifts just as well and a light tap on the gas and the car accelerates like a charm, super smooth gearing.
Old 02-26-2023, 11:27 PM
Nidal
Advanced

Received 44 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Triathlonkid
Hi Team,

Thank you all for your help over the past year. I've found all your comments very helpful and am posting here to both show appreciation and also perhaps offer some info that may help future folks.

I took delivery of my 23 C2S and over the past week have had a great time with it thus far.

What I love:
- the handling is outstanding
- the aesthetic and wide body looks great
- build quality feels high, with exception of some interior cabin plastic pieces
- it's my first Porsche! A kid's dream come true.

What I considered in building and taking delivery of the car:
- I watched hundreds of videos, read hundreds of threads, asked lots of questions, test drove a carrera base, S and GTS in person, looked at every minute detail including headlight casing color differences and leather interior trim differences. At this point, I can recite every single add-on option.
- decided on the S because it made sense for what I am looking for.
- decided on a non-black/white/silver color because a pop of color seemed nice!
- paid cash for the car because based on interest rate it didn't make sense to me personally to lease or finance.
- declined all dealer add-on options.

What I'm glad I got:
- Carmine red (the guards red tach/belt looks great with it- I was worried about color mismatch)
- FAL. I use it at least 5x per drive and the GPS memory is great. I've pretty much got my city mapped out at this point and it just does it automatically. I have to figure out if it auto-lowers the car down. The memory seems to raise it up at the GPS location but I seem to have to manually dip it down. But I'm still figuring out how to operate some details.
- Burmeister. I think it's just ok. If I got the Bose I probably would've kicked myself. I also love the silver casing of the burmeister and find it significantly nicer than the black bose casing. I don't think the Porsche sound system even at the highest tier is all that great so if sound is important to you, I'd recommend getting the highest trim you can get.
- Deviated stitching, Tac and Sport Chronoc, Belts in red. I love the pop of color and the red stitching on the steering wheel.
- Carbon sport steering wheel. Love the look and the thicker wheel feels nice.
- Sport design package, high gloss package
- Sport package w/ sport chrono
- Glass roof- great lighting. I never open it. I just got it to make it brighter.
- Red tail lights. Looks more aggressive than the clear tailights.
- Little accents make a difference. Love the porsche crest on headrest, exclusive design fuel cap, PDK in aluminum and pedals in aluminum.

What I wish I got:
- leather door handle. The plastic door handle feels cheap to me.
- I wish I got the electric steering column with my 18 ways. Mine came with the manual after what I believe is due to a supply chain shortage. It feels cheap. Valet people oftentimes will change the configuration and it's crummy to not be able to click 1 on the memory seat setting and have everything go to your personal config. Is there a refund for it still?

What I'm glad I didn't get:
- illuminated carbon fiber side-sills. Thought long and hard and looked at the option in person. Very glad I didn't get it as I never look at the door sill, even though I thought I would.
- PCCBs. The current brakes have tremendous stopping power and the red calipers look great.
- Porsche design clock. You can't make it red and I love my red sport chrono clock.
- 930 leather package. If you get 18 way sport seats w/ deviated stitching, it looks very sporty! The 930 doesn't feel any different by the way. I thought it added more "padding" but after sitting in it, it's purely aesthetic differences.

What I need more time to figure out:
- I find the PDLS+ lights to not be that all that bright. I wonder if I should've gotten the LED matrix lights, but don't know if it is actually brighter? In person, the X lights didn't look as good to me as the 4 circles so I went with PDLS+ for aesthetic purposes, and because I have no idea if the matrix will be activated in the US anytime soon. I also don't think the PDLS+ lights "curve" when I drive.
- 18 way sport seats don't feel that supportive to be honest. I didn't have the chance to do a long-drive comparison w/ the 14 way but it makes me wonder. I drove for 1.5 hrs in the 18 way and found the cushioning to be alright, but not super supportive. If it is true these are the most "comfy seats", then for those who wonder if they should get it I would say definitely get it because I can't imagine what the "less supportive" options feel like.
- some have mentioned vented seats add stiffness to the seat. My vented seats came w/ premium pack but I believe the new ones don't. I think the current ventilation is great and I never even click the vented seats. For those who may need to pay extra for vented seats maybe test out the difference before committing. I wish I looked into this aspect further. It wasn't a problem for shorter drives, but I never tested the seats for 1.5 hrs in length and now I don't necessarily want to take the car on a super long-road trip.
- Is there an app for the car that lets you lock the car etc? There is one for other car companies but I haven't figured it out yet for Porsche.

Interesting quirks:
- the mirror does not dip down very much during reverse? Hard to see the curb
- auto start-stop is always on for normal mode. There doesn't seem to be a way to "save" the memory.
- auto rain wipers aren't the most intelligent. Sometimes they barely wipe despite there being rainwater?
- there is a whirl sound coming from the brakes everytime I step on it. Almost sounds like regen brakes. Hope the sound goes away with time.

What I'm surprised about:
- the car is pretty firm and I can feel a lot of bumps even on normal mode. City driving is doable but definitely not all that comfortable.
- there is not all that much difference between normal/sport/sport plus modes. And I'm pretty sure the only unique difference of individual mode is if you want to drive it on sport plus but with a normal suspension. Otherwise every other configuration variable is already accounted for.
I wish the delta between normal - > sport - > sport plus is greater. In other words, I wish normal mode was with an even softer suspension and a quieter cabin w/ noise shielded from the engine. I wish Sport and Sport plus modes are even louder and that you hear more of the engine.
- PDK is good, but honestly not any different than any other good car? At least it doesn't stand out to me when I drive or maybe that's the charm of it... I dunno.
- the gas pedal is very stiff and driving between traffic lights is a little herky jerky sometimes.
- the car sometimes rolls backwards after a light, almost like a manual, even though it's PDK.
- the steering wheel is fairly heavy in the parking lot and this is with power steering plus. I wonder if mine is even on? Maybe this is just the nature of what a sport wheel feels like?
- I haven't been able to use any of the raw power of the car. On a daily basis, the interior cabin luxuries are much more palpable than the horsepower of the car itself. So for those who wonder if you should spec certain things, I'd encourage you to make the inside as nice as you can because these are your daily touchpoints.
- I wonder if I should have gotten the base carrera, as I can't feel much of a difference in power with the S and maybe the softer suspension is better as a daily driver. Perhaps after driving the S for a while when I go back to a base I'll feel a difference. Will report back in the future on this point.

I think my biggest advice to those ordering is try and go personally touch/experience every single option that you think you may care about, and do it multiple times as your opinion may change. If ever in doubt, as long as it doesn't break the bank just pay for the option because for most things it's hard to add later on. Also, ask about prices. I still have to figure out servicing prices after declining all add on options like prepaid maintenance. It seems like we are all quoted a big range for everything and it's easy to get fooled into paying more for no reason.

Hope we all drive in good health and enjoy this shared journey together.

congrats. Truly beautiful. And I’m a huge fan of the Burmester Soundsystem. What’s the MSRP on this?This should be hitting 160 K.

enjoy

congrats. Truly beautiful. And I’m a huge fan of the Burmester Soundsystem. What’s the MSRP on this?This should be hitting 160 K.
Old 02-26-2023, 11:28 PM
Yojeffo
Rennlist Member

Received 311 Likes on 132 Posts

haha I dunno I haven't driven those cars. Maybe that's why it's good, you don't think about changing gears when you drive. Maybe I'm not enough of a car head or don't know enough about transmissions, but I'll say my current range rover V8 shifts just as well and a light tap on the gas and the car accelerates like a charm, super smooth gearing.
Now you've convinced me that your on the wrong forum.
Wife has a 2023 range Rover Evoke and the transmission is mush. Paddle shifting is a joke!

Say goodbye to the group pal before you totally embarrass yourself. No reply needed. And BTW. Guards Red seat belts and red calipers on a Carmine Red car is a total mismatch... Ucking Fugly.
You may not be able to sell it.
Old 02-26-2023, 11:47 PM
Triathlonkid
Racer

Originally Posted by Yojeffo
Now you've convinced me that your on the wrong forum.
Wife has a 2023 range Rover Evoke and the transmission is mush. Paddle shifting is a joke!

Say goodbye to the group pal before you totally embarrass yourself. No reply needed. And BTW. Guards Red seat belts and red calipers on a Carmine Red car is a total mismatch... Ucking Fugly.
You may not be able to sell it.
Glad to hear your input. I never understand people like you on these forums. If your goal is to antagonize any opinion that isn't aligned with yours, why are you on here to begin with?
My 23 range rover V8 is not the same engine as an evoque, by the way. It uses a BMW V8 engine.
Hope you enjoy your ride and drive in good health.
The following 8 users liked this post by Triathlonkid:
ferraris (02-28-2023), icanthelpit (02-27-2023), JayCrash450 (03-12-2023), renn.tp (02-27-2023), Staffie Guy (02-27-2023), TheGeneral (03-12-2023), Victory911 (03-12-2023), Yojeffo (02-27-2023) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 02-26-2023, 11:47 PM
shrimp money
Race Car

Received 5,065 Likes on 2,030 Posts

I just want to know if you got the bank to open up on Sunday for you so they could send the wire right after you declined all the warranties and service contracts at delivery.
Old 02-26-2023, 11:49 PM
Triathlonkid
Racer

Originally Posted by Nidal
Thanks the msrp was around 176k, the options add up quickly...
Old 02-26-2023, 11:52 PM
Triathlonkid
Racer

Originally Posted by shrimp money
I just want to know if you got the bank to open up on Sunday for you so they could send the wire right after you declined all the warranties and service contracts at delivery.
haha nope went with cashier's check for msrp and blank check for possible added options. I realized I have the option to add prepaid maintenance up to 1 yr after purchase and that can be considered a separate transaction, which can be payable by credit card or personal check. One of those things I asked my SA beforehand and was told no, but of course during the transaction was told oh yes sure pay with card or check or whatever you want if you really want to add. So disappointing the type of dishonesty and ways they try to make life difficult for you. Another rennlister posted about his bad experience and how he bought a McLaren instead, I'm not one bit surprised by how he was treated in the process.
Old 02-27-2023, 12:06 AM
shrimp money
Race Car

Received 5,065 Likes on 2,030 Posts

Which dealership did you end up going through, and would you recommend them?
Old 02-27-2023, 02:49 AM
Nein Eleven
Racer

Received 323 Likes on 179 Posts

First of all, congrats on your new car!

If you’re not driving in Detroit or another city with terrible roads, double check your tire pressures. Dealers love to inflate them to Full Load rather than Partial Load. You want 33f/38r for a C2S. It makes a huge difference in my experience.

- I haven't been able to use any of the raw power of the car. On a daily basis, the interior cabin luxuries are much more palpable than the horsepower of the car itself.
That last part may explain everything that came before it. The differences in drive modes become more apparent the more you push the car. Shift points, shift speed, exhaust note (with PSE), stability control thresholds, suspension setting, idle speed, and probably a few other things all change in the different modes. The difference between the Normal setting and the Sport Plus setting feels like the difference between someone commuting with a manual and someone with perfect heel-toe attacking a racetrack.

A good automatic like the ZF8 will fool you into thinking that it’s the equal of the PDK until you pay attention to the speed of downshifts, especially when using the paddles. The upshifts are faster on the PDK as well but the gap isn’t as large and therefore not as obvious.
Old 02-27-2023, 02:51 AM
Triathlonkid
Racer

Originally Posted by Nein Eleven
First of all, congrats on your new car!

If you’re not driving in Detroit or another city with terrible roads, double check your tire pressures. Dealers love to inflate them to Full Load rather than Partial Load. You want 33f/38r for a C2S. It makes a huge difference in my experience.

That last part may explain everything that came before it. The differences in drive modes become more apparent the more you push the car. Shift points, shift speed, exhaust note (with PSE), stability control thresholds, suspension setting, idle speed, and probably a few other things all change in the different modes. The difference between the Normal setting and the Sport Plus setting feels like the difference between someone commuting with a manual and someone with perfect heel-toe attacking a racetrack.

A good automatic like the ZF8 will fool you into thinking that it’s the equal of the PDK until you pay attention to the speed of downshifts, especially when using the paddles. The upshifts are faster on the PDK as well but the gap isn’t as large and therefore not as obvious.
Thanks for explaining that. Very interesting- I do live in a city with pretty bad roads but the tires are inflated to 38 front and 42 rear. I'll drop them and maybe that will feel softer.

Quick Reply: C2S Delivery and Driving Review!