Sponsored by:

992 GTS with PASM (Raised 10MM)

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2023, 07:27 PM
Drew46
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,647 Likes on 778 Posts

Originally Posted by COTB
Super helpful...and encouraging to hear! I'm sure that is not what everybody wants with a GTS, but it sounds like for your/my type of driving, that should work just fine!
202 Targa GTS so no 10mm drop. Love the car more and more each day. If you otherwise like the way the car is optioned, I do not think you will be disappointed.
Old 02-19-2023, 10:41 PM
HappinessProcured
Racer

Received 190 Likes on 110 Posts

Like many of the performance options, it's amazing how little noticeable difference anyone can detect or describe. Noise insulating glass and RAS also come to mind. Maybe Porsche is just finding the limits of the ridiculous options people will pay for.

Last edited by HappinessProcured; 02-19-2023 at 10:47 PM.
The following users liked this post:
doug_999 (02-22-2023)
Old 02-19-2023, 11:40 PM
F8Driver
Pro

Received 331 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by COTB
Thank you all sharing your perspectives. Really helpful. I appreciate the different views! If I had my choice, I would probably take the GTS standard suspension as I appreciate the suspension setup is part of the GTS config/concept, but given that it is for a daily driver and the rest of the spec is really perfect, I'm included to do it. Last question - I would really appreciate hearing from somebody who actually has the GTS with the raised 10mm suspension on their impressions/any regrets. Thanks everybody.
My local roads aren't particularly smooth. Went with GTS raised PASM (10mm higher, no helper springs, different spring rates) and I have NO regrets.If you're a track monster, have terrific roads, and a well-tuned butt dyno, the standard GTS suspension is obviously the way to go.
Old 02-20-2023, 01:49 AM
TuvaD
Racer

Received 180 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by CantBuyHappiness
Like many of the performance options, it's amazing how little noticeable difference anyone can detect or describe. Noise insulating glass and RAS also come to mind. Maybe Porsche is just finding the limits of the ridiculous options people will pay for.
Do you actually have the noise insulating glass and RAS on a new 911?

I do on my 2022 C4 GTS and have driven over 5K miles in city, highway, backroad, and on track. They both make a significant different. I would absolutely order both options again.
Flash992 (04-24-2023)
Old 02-21-2023, 01:32 AM
Spiffx
Pro

Received 702 Likes on 299 Posts

I was under the impression that S-PASM is different in C2S vs C2GTS. I thought GTS S-PASM had stiffer springs. I know for sure that the S doesn’t have helper springs and GTS does. Can someone confirm if the anti-roll bars stiffness is different?
Old 02-21-2023, 07:33 AM
CanAutM3
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,290 Likes on 603 Posts

Originally Posted by Spiffx
I was under the impression that S-PASM is different in C2S vs C2GTS. I thought GTS S-PASM had stiffer springs. I know for sure that the S doesn’t have helper springs and GTS does. Can someone confirm if the anti-roll bars stiffness is different?
Yes, the S-PASM that comes standard on the GTS is stiffer (~25%) than the optional S-PASM on the Carrera-S. It also has stiffer anti-roll bars and different dampers and a PASM programming adapted to the hardware changes.The GTS S-PASM is the same as the optional turbo-series S-PASM.

Last edited by CanAutM3; 02-21-2023 at 07:36 AM.
Spiffx (02-21-2023)
Old 02-21-2023, 08:36 AM
Spiffx
Pro

Received 702 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by CanAutM3
Yes, the S-PASM that comes standard on the GTS is stiffer (~25%) than the optional S-PASM on the Carrera-S. It also has stiffer anti-roll bars and different dampers and a PASM programming adapted to the hardware changes.The GTS S-PASM is the same as the optional turbo-series S-PASM.
Thank you. Very helpful.
Old 04-24-2023, 02:52 AM
david consta
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

any true discernible difference on the appearance? I have a 2023 GTS cabriolet allocation coming with pasm 10mm raised

Originally Posted by tosammann
C4GTS (with PASM) owner here. Ordered the car in Feb 2022, took delivery in Nov 2022. Originally wanted a 992 C4S to replace my 997 C4S, which I still love, but could only get an allocation for the GTS. I chose PASM given that (A) the car is a daily, and (B) I’m a weekend canyon carver, but don’t track.

After 3 months and about 2200 miles, I can report that I’m very satisfied with my choice of suspension. Very comfortable during commute, but still incredibly planted in the twisties. No regrets whatsoever.

Last edited by david consta; 04-24-2023 at 02:59 AM.
Old 04-24-2023, 03:50 AM
catdog2
Rennlist Member

Received 648 Likes on 355 Posts

I have a 992 C2S with spasm/pdk and one with pasm/manual and the spasm one feels much more connected to the road and tighter on transitions. It's very clear difference and discernible. I suspect the difference between the GTS spasm and regular pasm would be even more significant.
On bumpy roads the spasm equipped car becomes irksome and uncomfortable after a while compared to the pasm which handles it with less high frequency transmitted to the cabin and overall less jarring.
I would say if it's a weekend fun car or roads are smooth get the spasm no doubt. If daily driver on imperfect roads then the pasm will make you not hate your car or curse everytime you hit that bumpy stretch of road on your way to work.
Neither cars have pdcc or ras but one has the goodyears years and the other has pirellis. I think they would both benefit from switching to PS4S Michelins which is the other important variable.

Last edited by catdog2; 04-24-2023 at 03:57 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by catdog2:
joydrive (04-24-2023), secondtimer (04-24-2023)
Old 04-24-2023, 04:52 AM
david consta
4th Gear

Originally Posted by catdog2
I have a 992 C2S with spasm/pdk and one with pasm/manual and the spasm one feels much more connected to the road and tighter on transitions. It's very clear difference and discernible. I suspect the difference between the GTS spasm and regular pasm would be even more significant.
On bumpy roads the spasm equipped car becomes irksome and uncomfortable after a while compared to the pasm which handles it with less high frequency transmitted to the cabin and overall less jarring.
I would say if it's a weekend fun car or roads are smooth get the spasm no doubt. If daily driver on imperfect roads then the pasm will make you not hate your car or curse everytime you hit that bumpy stretch of road on your way to work.
Neither cars have pdcc or ras but one has the goodyears years and the other has pirellis. I think they would both benefit from switching to PS4S Michelins which is the other important variable.

helpful as well. This will be my daily driver on city roads in not so great shape. Does appearance get impacted? Is there a big difference when in full sport mode on handling with normal pasm?
Old 04-24-2023, 01:37 PM
catdog2
Rennlist Member

Received 648 Likes on 355 Posts

Hi the appearance does get impacted slightly, unless you are into lowered cars.. The positive is you are much less likely to scrape the front and need front axle lift. Putting the PASM in sport mode (sport chassis so-called) does make car handle more tightly and better but still not quite as good as SPASM. But as I said over bad roads SPASM (Sport PASM) gets annoying quickly even when you have your tires set to comfort setting i.e. 29-32 psi cold or similar. I think you make a good case for getting the PASM on that car as it is. You will have many of the benefits of the GTS and also the fact that it will be more comfortable and more of an all-around daily that doesn't make you cringe when you see some broken pavement.

Last edited by catdog2; 04-24-2023 at 04:13 PM.
Old 04-25-2023, 02:57 AM
david consta
4th Gear

Originally Posted by catdog2
Hi the appearance does get impacted slightly, unless you are into lowered cars.. The positive is you are much less likely to scrape the front and need front axle lift. Putting the PASM in sport mode (sport chassis so-called) does make car handle more tightly and better but still not quite as good as SPASM. But as I said over bad roads SPASM (Sport PASM) gets annoying quickly even when you have your tires set to comfort setting i.e. 29-32 psi cold or similar. I think you make a good case for getting the PASM on that car as it is. You will have many of the benefits of the GTS and also the fact that it will be more comfortable and more of an all-around daily that doesn't make you cringe when you see some broken pavement.

thank you. This is immensely helpful. I was worried about to ride height and its lower look, but your insight makes this setup more appealing.
catdog2 (04-25-2023)
Old 05-03-2023, 12:37 AM
TheDoctor01
3rd Gear

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Default Has any actually compared the PASM vs sport PASM on any GTS?

Has anyone compared any 992 GTS with PASM 10mm raised vs sport PASM head to head? Any photos to share of difference on ride height or wheel arch gap? I too am allocated GTS cabriolet with normal PASM.

Last edited by TheDoctor01; 05-03-2023 at 12:42 AM.
Old 05-17-2023, 04:13 PM
drspeed991
Intermediate

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by MrOhnoez
Honestly, I'd rather have the raised 10mm for the bit better ride quality and day to day drive.
Biggest complaint I've heard from people with a GTS is how much stiffer the car feels compared to the Carrera S.
Really caught some customers off guard that wanted it as a spicier daily 911.
Agreed +1 Cought--is catching me off guard particularly with rear steering.

DRP
Old 05-17-2023, 04:39 PM
TuvaD
Racer

Received 180 Likes on 78 Posts

My SPASM equipped 4GTS doesn’t ride well, particularly on P Zero tires regardless of high/low PSI.

However, the body control at high speed is superior to PASM which allows too much unchecked movement.

Having that utmost Turbo level suspension capability swayed me to SPASM and accepting the busier ride.

If you’re cruising and don’t intend to really push the car, PASM will be perfect.

Last edited by TuvaD; 05-17-2023 at 04:41 PM.

Quick Reply: 992 GTS with PASM (Raised 10MM)