Sponsored by:

Carbon Buckets and PDCC not available - GTS

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2023, 12:41 AM
joshua4694
Track Day

Received 24 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Carbon Buckets and PDCC not available - GTS

So i bit the bullet and coughed up the adm to get a allocation build for march, and after paying the deposit and sending my config , seems like carbon buckets and pdcc option codes are causing errors, seems like i wont be able to option it with carbon buckets and pdcc , probably due to supply shortage. Anyone else experience this?
Old 02-13-2023, 12:44 AM
Vicbastige
Burning Brakes

Received 738 Likes on 356 Posts

Originally Posted by joshua4694
So i bit the bullet and coughed up the adm to get a allocation build for march, and after paying the deposit and sending my config , seems like carbon buckets and pdcc option codes are causing errors, seems like i wont be able to option it with carbon buckets and pdcc , probably due to supply shortage. Anyone else experience this?
Sorry, known issue along with PTS.
Old 02-13-2023, 08:00 PM
RXP.
Advanced

Received 65 Likes on 23 Posts

Known issue bud. My car went into production end of Dec. And still no update. Its stuck somewhere waiting for parts.

GTS with LW pack and pccbs.
Old 02-13-2023, 08:06 PM
997C2Houston
Instructor

Received 51 Likes on 36 Posts

Is this a recently given allocation or a left over from a previous tranche?
Old 02-13-2023, 08:34 PM
jplaro
Instructor

Received 96 Likes on 60 Posts

Sorry - no carbon buckets. It seems like this issue will persist for the rest of MY23. Need to wait until October for carbon buckets.

The catch is - the GTS will likely be on pause then given they will release the .2 and will likely only start with base, S and Turbos.
Old 02-13-2023, 08:36 PM
Tantura
Track Day

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Same issue for our Targa GTS. We are be told no to:
Euro Delivery
PTS
PDCC
PCCB
Matrix LEDs

Old 02-14-2023, 12:25 AM
chance6
Race Car

Received 1,499 Likes on 961 Posts

GD it. Ridiculous supply chain crap. Those buckets are sublime...pure heaven, lightweight package and manual is the way to go on a GTS.

Punt??
The following users liked this post:
cwbrown (02-14-2023)
Old 02-14-2023, 06:43 AM
ocb181
Advanced

Received 99 Likes on 24 Posts

I just picked up a GTS Coupe (3 prior 992s were a base cab, 4S cab and S Cab). I have a GT3 Touring on order for May/June delivery (estimated). I was able to option the buckets but I was told no PTS, no Two-Tone Exclusive Manufactur Leather and no PCCB (all of which I would have optioned). My SA told me the PCCB is on hold because Porsche is assessing the environment impact associated with manufacturing the PCCBs (NOTE: this is not a political post about climate change - so please stop right there.....lol!!!). First time I'v heard this and not sure it's correct - but thought I'd pass this along and see what kind of chaos followed.

Old 02-14-2023, 04:49 PM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,451 Likes on 755 Posts

PDCC - who cares??? Really do not need

LWBs - Had them on my previous GT4 and GT3. Look great and good for bragging. But, not easy to get in and out of and not the most comfy. Prefer the 4 ways- Save yourself some money.

Plus- if your married your Wife will hate the LWB
Scott P (02-15-2023)
Old 02-14-2023, 04:54 PM
991.1 Guy
Three Wheelin'

Received 919 Likes on 484 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy-D
PDCC - who cares??? Really do not need

LWBs - Had them on my previous GT4 and GT3. Look great and good for bragging. But, not easy to get in and out of and not the most comfy. Prefer the 4 ways- Save yourself some money.

Plus- if your married your Wife will hate the LWB
Is there an anchor point to connect shoulder harnesses with the LWB?
Old 02-14-2023, 09:21 PM
chance6
Race Car

Received 1,499 Likes on 961 Posts

Originally Posted by ocb181
I just picked up a GTS Coupe (3 prior 992s were a base cab, 4S cab and S Cab). I have a GT3 Touring on order for May/June delivery (estimated). I was able to option the buckets but I was told no PTS, no Two-Tone Exclusive Manufactur Leather and no PCCB (all of which I would have optioned). My SA told me the PCCB is on hold because Porsche is assessing the environment impact associated with manufacturing the PCCBs (NOTE: this is not a political post about climate change - so please stop right there.....lol!!!). First time I'v heard this and not sure it's correct - but thought I'd pass this along and see what kind of chaos followed.
But they'll slap the PCCBs on a Turbo S, right?
I think your SA is hoodwinking you...what could be different now about the PCCBs vs. 3 years ago? This is supply chain.
With carbon bucket seats you can't get Exclusive Manufaktur interior, not sure if that has anything to do with it.
Old 02-15-2023, 12:24 AM
elvar
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

March build here as well and I ran into the same problem. I was really bummed about no LWB.
Old 02-15-2023, 04:51 PM
Stephen Shi
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by 991.1 Guy
Is there an anchor point to connect shoulder harnesses with the LWB?
No, you can pass the shoulder harness thru the LWB but not mount the harness to the seat itself.
Drew_W (02-15-2023)
Old 02-15-2023, 04:54 PM
Stephen Shi
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts

Pretty sure it's really about devoting the available parts to the higher margin models (aka Darkar, GT3RS etc) than satisfying average Joe's GTS. While the production capacity is limited, Who knows if they even want to bump the production capacity at all.
Old 02-15-2023, 05:41 PM
991.1 Guy
Three Wheelin'

Received 919 Likes on 484 Posts

Originally Posted by Stephen Shi
No, you can pass the shoulder harness thru the LWB but not mount the harness to the seat itself.
What is required to use a harness with the LWB? It seems the whole point of having racing seats is having a 5 point harness capable set up.

Quick Reply: Carbon Buckets and PDCC not available - GTS