Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Removal of options on newly submitted 992 builds?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2023, 08:23 PM
electricborn
Instructor

Received 67 Likes on 37 Posts
Question Removal of options on newly submitted 992 builds?

This is a question to people submitting new 992 builds in the last couple of weeks or so. Have you run into the issue that an option you selected is not available due to supply change issues? i.e. You submitted the build and your dealer said that they had to remove something? (Other than PTS, which I know is no longer available on 2023's)

I'm asking because I caught one error in my build that's set to lock in a few weeks, but I'm nervous about resubmitting if it means I might lose other options. My SA seemed to indicate that any changes are risky at this point.
Old 01-24-2023, 08:45 PM
Gr33n
Instructor

Received 330 Likes on 62 Posts

If your build hasn't locked and it's a removal, not an addition, I don't think it's much of an issue. The only thing that would delay the build is requesting an addition that's been stop ordered. I had to remove a few items ahead of lock date, then my lock date was pushed back and I managed to add in everything that was previously stop ordered (Aerokit, Bose, and Race-Tex sun visors) before the new lock date. I also removed FAL. For such a high-cost item, I wouldn't be afraid to ask! Good luck.
The following users liked this post:
electricborn (01-25-2023)
Old 01-24-2023, 10:20 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 808 Likes on 432 Posts

Originally Posted by electricborn
This is a question to people submitting new 992 builds in the last couple of weeks or so. Have you run into the issue that an option you selected is not available due to supply change issues? i.e. You submitted the build and your dealer said that they had to remove something? (Other than PTS, which I know is no longer available on 2023's)

I'm asking because I caught one error in my build that's set to lock in a few weeks, but I'm nervous about resubmitting if it means I might lose other options. My SA seemed to indicate that any changes are risky at this point.
I ran into this with mine. I ended up not risking it. My advisor strongly suggested not to do anything because I was at risk of losing options that went stop sale before my car locked, but after it went v200. YMMV
The following 2 users liked this post by 22992:
electricborn (01-25-2023), TimD (01-25-2023)
Old 01-24-2023, 10:21 PM
FastBits
Track Day

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

This just happened to me with PCCBs. I confirmed myself while at the dealer that my SA had submitted PCCB as part of my build. After it went V200, I noticed on TYD that PCCB was missing. Dealer added it back again but Porsche denied it the second time. Now I have to decide if I keep the allocation or punt until they're available again.

What's the error on your build? If you're removing something then as far as I understand it you should probably be fine.
Old 01-24-2023, 10:45 PM
Will Tell
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Two years on the waiting list and I got THE call (less than a week after I plopped $35K on a new PP, I might add!) that my allocation for a Turbo was in and would I take it? I submitted a build and was told that PDCC was not available. 2 Questions... 1) Is my allocation for my original SPECIFIC model or can I up it to a Turbo S or drop it to a 4S? 2) Is not having PDCC a big deal or would you walk away?

Thanks Freunden!
Old 01-24-2023, 10:59 PM
breny4104
Rennlist Member

Received 474 Likes on 293 Posts

Originally Posted by Will Tell
Two years on the waiting list and I got THE call (less than a week after I plopped $35K on a new PP, I might add!) that my allocation for a Turbo was in and would I take it? I submitted a build and was told that PDCC was not available. 2 Questions... 1) Is my allocation for my original SPECIFIC model or can I up it to a Turbo S or drop it to a 4S? 2) Is not having PDCC a big deal or would you walk away?

Thanks Freunden!
You can't change trim levels in the same allocation. e.g., Base to S or Turbo to Turbo S. Not in the U.S. anyway.

Last edited by breny4104; 01-24-2023 at 11:01 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by breny4104:
electricborn (01-25-2023), Will Tell (01-24-2023)
Old 01-25-2023, 01:11 AM
electricborn
Instructor

Originally Posted by FastBits
This just happened to me with PCCBs. I confirmed myself while at the dealer that my SA had submitted PCCB as part of my build. After it went V200, I noticed on TYD that PCCB was missing. ...
What's the error on your build? If you're removing something then as far as I understand it you should probably be fine.
Thanks for confirming with your experience.

I realized I checked the SPASM box when I really just want PASM. I plan on a lot of long road trips with my 4S Cab so I'd prefer to trade comfort for stiffness and style. Kind of a big deal for me personally.

But I have PDCC in my current build which is an even bigger deal and my rep said that has been dropped on some newly submitted builds. So I may be stuck.
Old 01-25-2023, 01:15 AM
electricborn
Instructor

I submitted a build and was told that PDCC was not available. 2 Questions... 1) Is my allocation for my original SPECIFIC model or can I up it to a Turbo S or drop it to a 4S? 2) Is not having PDCC a big deal or would you walk away?
PDCC is exactly the thing my rep said isn't being accepted with newly submitted builds. My current build, submitted in Dec, has it, so I think if I resubmit I lose it.
​​​​​
You'll want to search the PDCC threads about whether or not it's a requirement for you. Basically it levels out cornering and improves ride comfort somewhat. For me, it was a must have and I rejected a couple of used 992 options because they didn't have it.

Last edited by electricborn; 01-25-2023 at 01:19 AM.
Old 01-25-2023, 04:51 AM
FastBits
Track Day

PDCC is exactly the thing my rep said isn't being accepted with newly submitted builds. My current build, submitted in Dec, has it, so I think if I resubmit I lose it.
​​​​​
You'll want to search the PDCC threads about whether or not it's a requirement for you. Basically it levels out cornering and improves ride comfort somewhat. For me, it was a must have and I rejected a couple of used 992 options because they didn't have it.
Well this isn't fun to hear since my dealer hasn't updated my order yet. I added PDCC and Burmester since PCCB wasn't available. If both PCCB and PDCC are unavailable, that'll be hugely disappointing. I'll probably punt in that case, even though the near 2 year wait for an allocation has been excruciating.

Thanks for confirming with
I realized I checked the SPASM box when I really just want PASM. I plan on a lot of long road trips with my 4S Cab so I'd prefer to trade comfort for stiffness and style. Kind of a big deal for me personally.

But I have PDCC in my current build which is an even bigger deal and my rep said that has been dropped on some newly submitted builds. So I may be stuck.
If PDCC is a dealbreaker for you then I'd say you're right not to risk it. Have you had the chance to try SPASM yet though? My wife and I were both quite surprised at how compliant the C2S we test drove was even with SPASM in Sport mode. We also tried a GTS, which has even stiffer SPASM than the C2S, and we still didn't find it overly harsh even in Sport Plus mode. Granted, we're both quite young and our tolerance for ride comfort may be a bit different than others, but perhaps you'll find it acceptable as well. That said, I suspect you'd still probably notice the ride quality difference between PASM and SPASM more than you would the added comfort from PDCC, but I don't think it's worth the risk to swap.

Last edited by FastBits; 01-25-2023 at 05:02 AM.
Old 01-25-2023, 05:00 AM
FastBits
Track Day

Thanks Freunden!
Nice to have? Sure. Essential? Not in my opinion on a 911. I'm only considering walking from my allocation because other options I want aren't available either. Like electricborn mentioned, there are a lot of threads discussing it that can help you decide.

Last edited by FastBits; 01-25-2023 at 05:03 AM.
Old 01-25-2023, 02:28 PM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Received 1,826 Likes on 952 Posts

Thanks for confirming with your experience.

I think especially with PDCC, which I opted not to get, it's not a Cayenne or even a Targa, that SPASM is way overblown for comfort. Normal Mode on SPASM cars is quite comfortable. Now I only enable Sport Mode for the Suspension on my car when I know the road is a good road and I want the aggressive setup, like doing twisty mountain / canyon roads that are well paved. But our roads are fairly beat up here and even on a SPASM car, as long as I drive with the suspension in Normal Mode, I never notice any issues. FYI - When I put my car in Sport (driving mode, not suspension mode), the driving mode is changed to Sport but not the suspension. When I put my car in Sport Plus driving mode, it turns on the Sport mode for the suspension, AND I CAN and sometimes DO turn the Suspension back to Normal, which leaves the throttle mapping in Sport Plus but giving me the softer ride.

I personally think you will be just find with SPASM the ride is still excellent.
Old 01-25-2023, 05:33 PM
Will Tell
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

​​​​​
Thanks electicborn! I'm going to research the PDCC threads but what do you mean by "...improves ride comfort somewhat..." I live in the NYC area and roads can be pretty abysmal. My nightmare is having an overly stiff ride to where the fillings get shaken from my head or, worse, the car gets shaken to pieces. That's what really impressed me with my Panamera Turbo vs AMG vs M... The air shocks were a thing to behold and I've never had a worry diving the East Coast crust. My point is that I'll always choose the more compliant suspension option. Given what PDCC is supposed to do I would have thought that it makes the car stiffer. Your answer implies otherwise...
Old 01-25-2023, 05:50 PM
Lofvis
Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 17 Posts

I had the black porsche side decals removed by Porsche like 2 weeks ago, unavailable until 2024 they said.
Have my order in Sweden, at least it wasn't an essential option that was removed and will be easy to rectify later if I wanted to.
Old 01-25-2023, 05:59 PM
FastBits
Track Day

Thanks electicborn! I'm going to research the PDCC threads but what do you mean by "...improves ride comfort somewhat..." I live in the NYC area and roads can be pretty abysmal. My nightmare is having an overly stiff ride to where the fillings get shaken from my head or, worse, the car gets shaken to pieces. That's what really impressed me with my Panamera Turbo vs AMG vs M... The air shocks were a thing to behold and I've never had a worry diving the East Coast crust. My point is that I'll always choose the more compliant suspension option. Given what PDCC is supposed to do I would have thought that it makes the car stiffer. Your answer implies otherwise...
PDCC allows your sway bars to dynamically adjust, but by default it's actually softer than the standard setup and then stiffens as necessary to prevent body roll. So basically it can go both softer and stiffer than the standard setup, which is why it can improve both comfort and handling.
Old 01-25-2023, 07:02 PM
electricborn
Instructor

what do you mean by "...improves ride comfort somewhat..." .
See this excellent summary by @chuck911 here: https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1164...l#post16163997

Porsche's official press releases also describe how ride comfort is improved: https://www.porschelouisville.com/ho...-control-work/

Quick Reply: Removal of options on newly submitted 992 builds?