Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Carrera T Build Opinions and need Allocation?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2022, 12:45 AM
tejstar01
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default My Carrera T Build Opinions and need Allocation?

Okay yes I know quite a few will say it’s overbuilt but who cares used ones are costing just as much still it seems with nowhere near the amount of options I have in this build! Yes I want the aesthetics and all the fluff…lol..it really makes the car feel more special to me. I have wanted something that would be close to the look of the last generation GT3 RS with all the lizard green accents! I will also get the calipers powder coated in Lizard green and hopefully figure out if anyone can do the lizard green trim ring around the outside of the rim I really love the look again it makes the car feel more exotic and special to me! The only thing I could probably skip is the extended leather for the $3,440 but I figured if I was going this far might as well go all the way..lol…if I need more power then a simple tune will do the trick I know! Also anyone know where I can get an allocation that won’t take forever or cost way over msrp?

Okay guys and gals lay it on me please tell me what you think!!

http://www.porsche-code.com/PPHTUSY7
The following users liked this post:
MiamiTurbo (12-28-2022)
Old 12-26-2022, 04:57 AM
Macboy
Burning Brakes

Received 3,279 Likes on 729 Posts

The only thing I would like to say is that once you go leather don’t skip the essential leather parts. You have missed only two. So not half way and saving while you are already spending so much. To me what should be added and really is a must:

Steering casing column in leather $520
Extended leather package $1450

This is a must for the right look of the car especially since you have the bottom door part in leather. You are missing one important leather part of the door (inner door sill guards). See the door as 6 parts with stitching from top to bottom. You now paid for 5 out of 6 parts. Just go 6 out of 6.

Should money be the issue then 100% skip the $3440 Extended Dashboard and Door Panel Package and go for the $1910 Extended Door Panel in Leather. The dashboard in leather on the 992 really is too expensive and only gives stitching around the chrono whereas on the 991 it was the full dashboard with leather and stitching everywhere for the same price.

Last edited by Macboy; 12-26-2022 at 05:00 AM.
Old 12-26-2022, 11:50 AM
balucipher
Pro

Received 643 Likes on 331 Posts

Originally Posted by Macboy
The only thing I would like to say is that once you go leather don’t skip the essential leather parts. You have missed only two. So not half way and saving while you are already spending so much. To me what should be added and really is a must:

This is a must for the right look of the car especially since you have the bottom door part in leather. You are missing one important leather part of the door (inner door sill guards). See the door as 6 parts with stitching from top to bottom. You now paid for 5 out of 6 parts. Just go 6 out of 6.

Should money be the issue then 100% skip the $3440 Extended Dashboard and Door Panel Package and go for the $1910 Extended Door Panel in Leather. The dashboard in leather on the 992 really is too expensive and only gives stitching around the chrono whereas on the 991 it was the full dashboard with leather and stitching everywhere for the same price.
Whoops had the wrong build loaded up

Does the door sill guard in leather get scuffed or damaged easily?

Last edited by balucipher; 12-26-2022 at 11:52 AM.
Old 12-26-2022, 12:03 PM
Scott P
Rennlist Member

Received 3,199 Likes on 1,373 Posts

great looking car! Had you thought about getting the interior trim pieces in the exterior color? It's a freebie.

Last edited by Scott P; 12-26-2022 at 12:05 PM.
Old 12-26-2022, 05:28 PM
Freddie Two Bs
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 295 Posts

Personally I would lose the sunroof and the roof lining in Race-Tex and maybe do some more leather bits like the other guy said.
balucipher (12-27-2022)
Old 12-26-2022, 06:16 PM
Macboy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by balucipher
Does the door sill guard in leather get scuffed or damaged easily?
In the 911 you always need to be careful getting in and out. The plastic gets scuffed and damaged pretty easily. That I know.
Old 12-26-2022, 06:36 PM
Scott P
Rennlist Member

I have an alcantara roof lining, A&B pillars on my 650 GC and it looks great but I would never pay what Porsche wants for a synthetic material that likely costs very little to make. I thought about getting a racetex steering wheel but read too many negative comments, especially about it looking beat up.

Last edited by Scott P; 12-26-2022 at 07:23 PM.
Old 12-26-2022, 06:48 PM
Zetta
Racer

Received 304 Likes on 100 Posts

The Racetex steering wheel feels very greasy. You feel like you have to wash your hands afterwards.
Old 12-26-2022, 07:23 PM
Scott P
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Zetta
The Racetex steering wheel feels very greasy. You feel like you have to wash your hands afterwards.
I would absolutely hate that.
Old 12-27-2022, 01:50 AM
tejstar01
Instructor

Originally Posted by Macboy

Thanks I knew I was probably missing a couple of items but also figured whenever I get with whomever I will buy the car from would be able to guide me too if I was missing something. Yes I will add those two other leather options you have mentioned it’s cheap enough to be complete and I assume everything that I do add in additional leather will automatically include the lizard green deviated stitching on that leather part correct?

I have also read both good and bad about the racetex steering wheel some people seem to swear by it and others say it wears out to fast. I may or may not skip that one but I guess if it does ever wear out I can replace. Thanks for the help guys any other opinions or thoughts please lay it on me??

Hope everyone has a Happy New Year coming up as well!!!
Old 12-27-2022, 02:12 AM
tejstar01
Instructor

Here is my inspiration on why I really love all the lizard green accents on the inside as well as the exterior. Although I will have the calipers powder coated in the lizard green color vs the yellow which comes with the ceramic brakes. I will also add the ghost black stripes with the lizard green around the outside of them. This car below sold shortly after it was listed I believe but when I was looking back then this one just really stood out to me.

Last edited by tejstar01; 12-27-2022 at 03:03 AM.
Macboy (12-28-2022)
Old 12-27-2022, 03:46 PM
tejstar01
Instructor

Okay updated the spec and added the freebie painted interior bits and a couple of other safety items which should be standard on any Porsche but whatever if I am going to go this far might as well miss nothing, guess I will have a unique highly spec’d Carrera T!!! Yes I realize it’s the base engine but come on this car with PDK is faster than a Carrera S with the manual transmission!! Yes I would spec it with a manual but I want to daily drive this car as much as possible and my left knee unfortunately cannot handle shifting so much anymore.. I have had faster cars as well and a Turbo 911 before but with so much power it just become kind of numb and really not that much fun to drive, everything is too fast anymore it seems. The base engine to me is more than fast enough and more engaging to drive in my opinion and should I ever want or need more power a quick stage 1 tune from M-engineering seems to satisfy a lot of owners out there!

http://www.porsche-code.com/PPZMUL51
Old 12-28-2022, 03:59 PM
Macboy
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by tejstar01
Thanks I knew I was probably missing a couple of items but also figured whenever I get with whomever I will buy the car from would be able to guide me too if I was missing something. Yes I will add those two other leather options you have mentioned it’s cheap enough to be complete and I assume everything that I do add in additional leather will automatically include the lizard green deviated stitching on that leather part correct?
My experience is that most sales persons are not as crazy as us. So definitely not all of them know what we sometimes know. So don’t trust the sales persons blind. I have come across little cars here that were perfectly specced. Not talking about personal taste of course. Of course there are many sales persons that do know all quirks.

About the deviated stitching in lizard green. The main reason why this package is so expensive is because the deviated stitching interior package is included although they don’t really mention it like that. Like if you order standard chalk stitching on the 992 you only get the upper door part in chalk. Not the lower door part and not the armcrest and not the steering wheel. For this you need to spec the option Deviated Stitching Interior Package. On the T however this should be all included:
  • Upper section of the door panels with stitching in Lizard Green
  • Center section of the door panels with stitching in Lizard Green
This last part is not standard on the normal option “leather interior with crayon stitching” on the standard 992. It is for this reason the T package seems so expensive. But the deviated stitching option is around $3200 and therefore included in that package. So on all added leather parts your stitching should be lizard green. What makes me afraid is that you don’t have the “Interior Trim Package with decorative stitching in contrasting colour” as an option selected. And therefore you don’t want your inner door sill guards to be black stitching.

Here is the full list on the US website:

Includes in Smooth-Finish Leather:
  • Front seats with Sport-Tex seat centers with pin stripes and stitching in Lizard Green
  • Rear seats with Sport-Tex seat centers and stitching in Lizard Green(only if Rear Seats are selected)
  • Seat headrests with "911" logo embroidered in Lizard Green
  • Steering wheel rim
  • Steering wheel airbag module
  • Door panel armrests
  • Center console lid
  • Upper section of the dashboard with stitching in Lizard Green
  • Lower section of the dashboard
  • Glove compartment
  • Center tunnel knee pads
  • Upper section of the door panels with stitching in Lizard Green
  • Center section of the door panels with stitching in Lizard Green
  • Rear side panels with stitching in Lizard Green
I have to say it differs a bit from the UK and German website but I am sure this should be the correct spec. It would be very strange if the added leather parts would not get the deviated stitching in lizard green but on the other hand, this deviated stitching option is not officially chosen as an option. But you cannot chose them both as an option because it’s the T package or the deviated stitching package. Which can be seen as both good news as bad news.

No harm in confirming this with your dealer because this package is new. And we have seen Porsche doing some strange things with the T like with the exhaust button.

Last edited by Macboy; 12-28-2022 at 04:17 PM.
Old 12-29-2022, 12:30 AM
tejstar01
Instructor

Thanks for the heads up and yes I would be super upset if after selecting all those added leather bits it didn’t include the deviated stitching in lizard green. Most of them state that it does come in the deviated stitching color though but a couple that I selected it made me actually choose again which deviated stitching color I want. I just tried to add the $3,650 interior deviated stitching but it automatically deletes the Carrera T interior pkg with the lizard green. So I sure hope Porsche wouldn’t screw this up as obviously anyone selecting would want all the additional leather added pieces in the deviated stitching color that would be so stupid to leave it plain or black…lol…Thanks for the head up though very much appreciated!!!
Old 12-29-2022, 03:32 AM
Macboy
Burning Brakes

I would not worry about it. But it’s always good to check things. Since you cannot chose them both it would logically mean it’s included. And I proved that the T package has the stitching options that normally don’t belong there except for the full deviated stitching package.

Quick Reply: My Carrera T Build Opinions and need Allocation?