Sponsored by:

Opinions on T build please?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2022, 07:00 PM
Fullyield
Drifting

Received 1,502 Likes on 937 Posts

Originally Posted by Zetta
If you click on extended leather + seat ventilation, you will get full leather interior.
Thank you, but if you compare the two options in the configurator I think you will see the big difference in interior options available for the T as compared to the S. The interior options for the T are quite limited in both upgrade ability as well as color options (unfortunately). I like the T but the exterior paint and interior color schemes I wanted were not available options. I did not want another black interior or race Tex centers. I also like the 992 Base but again MT was not an option. Porsche is very adept at “playing” its customers with its options.

Last edited by Fullyield; 12-27-2022 at 07:02 PM.
Old 12-28-2022, 07:04 AM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 5,041 Likes on 1,794 Posts

I'm making some changes to my config and in doing so, I'm debating adding rear seats. My very strong preference is buckets without rear seats but much to my chagrin, that's not an option. Forced to take the sport seats, it seems practical to have 4 seats. Thoughts?
Old 12-28-2022, 11:00 AM
Scott P
Rennlist Member

Received 3,287 Likes on 1,410 Posts

When debating that same thought I posed that question in a thread and there is no real practical gain in luggage space deleting the rear seats; the noise level is likely higher without rear seats and in my case, given I'm adding the T Interior package in Lizard Green, I almost feel like I'd be shorting myself if I didn't add the rear seats/belts. Sports Plus seats (4 ways) will move up and out of the way much quicker than 18 way seats if you are regularly putting your briefcase or something in the back seat like I do.
Old 12-28-2022, 02:54 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Scott P
When debating that same thought I posed that question in a thread and there is no real practical gain in luggage space deleting the rear seats; the noise level is likely higher without rear seats and in my case, given I'm adding the T Interior package in Lizard Green, I almost feel like I'd be shorting myself if I didn't add the rear seats/belts. Sports Plus seats (4 ways) will move up and out of the way much quicker than 18 way seats if you are regularly putting your briefcase or something in the back seat like I do.
Thank you for that. What you wrote is one logical side of the argument. The other option is I delete them and add the buckets post purchase, which is the way I'm leaning. It may cost $5k more than ordering the option from new but the the T just doesn't make sense to me without the seats.
Old 12-28-2022, 03:23 PM
Macboy
Burning Brakes

Received 3,300 Likes on 733 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluehighways
I really like the "idea" behind the "T" but I absolutely hate and could never accept any Racetech/Alcantara in the car. In the (unlikely) event that it were possible to replace ALL of the Racetech/Alcantara with leather . . . here would be my $120,730 configuration: http://www.porsche-code.com/PPYEUPN1
I don’t understand this post. The 992 T has no race-tex in the interior unless you add it yourself. Not on the seats. Not on the doors. Not on the dash. Not on the roof. Nowhere. Only the GTS and GT3 have alcantara as standard.

Originally Posted by avid
RAS seems to be such a polarizing topic. Thank you for chiming in on it. I really need to drive cars with and without at speed back to back to understand what I'm dealing with. Beyond opinions shared here, I found a video comparing both on track and it seems to make a big difference driving flat out.
It’s not polarizing. It’s about having different drivers. Please do read my extensive reviews about RAS and the comparison I made between the 992 4S with RAS, the 992 S with RAS and the 992 S without RAS. Also the different (elastic) feeling the car gives and in which cases I think it’s a must to order it and in which cases you will probably regret it. But instead of reading testing is always best. But I understood in USA it’s not possible to test drive a 992 like that. I love RAS on my 4S. I hate it on the T.
Old 12-28-2022, 05:36 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

@Macboy thank you for chiming in. I went and found your first post. You and I are of the same ilk. I agree what you wrote and appreciate the reference from someone who has driven both and has a similar POV. Thank you.
Old 12-28-2022, 06:46 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,850 Likes on 1,520 Posts

I'm making some changes to my config and in doing so, I'm debating adding rear seats. My very strong preference is buckets without rear seats but much to my chagrin, that's not an option. Forced to take the sport seats, it seems practical to have 4 seats. Thoughts?
Originally Posted by Scott P
When debating that same thought I posed that question in a thread and there is no real practical gain in luggage space deleting the rear seats; the noise level is likely higher without rear seats and in my case, given I'm adding the T Interior package in Lizard Green, I almost feel like I'd be shorting myself if I didn't add the rear seats/belts.
For me, 100% take the rear seat delete.
Rear seats are useless but for having very certain age kids and plan on taking them in the T. And it's a pretty narrow age range. Luggage/cargo space is better with delete, looks better with delete, lighter with delete. I've done my post-sale rear seat delete on my three current 911's, as 1) I didn't spec them new, and 2) it wasn't an option on them anyway... *Much* cleaner and easier to have the factory delete then by all the extra carpet panel/parts to make it look decent with a post delivery delete.

Sports Plus seats (4 ways) will move up and out of the way much quicker than 18 way seats if you are regularly putting your briefcase or something in the back seat like I do.
???
I have 18-ways on my Turbo... It's not exactly hard to flip the seatback forward, and don't find a need to slide the seat forward to put items in the back...

T\The other option is I delete them and add the buckets post purchase, which is the way I'm leaning. It may cost $5k more than ordering the option from new but the the T just doesn't make sense to me without the seats.
Agree, a T deserves buckets. Shame they are NLA. The resale market is *pricey* on these, I wonder if the current stop-ship for most 911's will drive the price even higher for resales?

Last edited by pfbz; 12-28-2022 at 06:47 PM.
Old 12-28-2022, 06:53 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

@pfbz thank you for chiming in. Will likely rear seat delete and look to add the buckets post purchase. Lets hope the price at least stays where it is.
Old 12-29-2022, 02:38 AM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

I have my final config. Three important decisions:
1. I'm building it for myself.
2. I'm going full stripper.
3. I'm building a tribute car. I've never had a skittles color 911 and this is the right car and the right time. My favorite modern 911 is the 997.1 RS in kermit green. Giddy up.

My build. Sorry, it's in Spanish and pesos: http://www.porsche-code.com/PP89K5J4

Python green with Carrera S wheels in gloss black
Decal and emblem delete
7 speed and large tank
Exclusive design taillights - red and green is too Christmas
Interior accents in exterior color - adds sportiness to the interior without paying $1k for the tach and seatbelts in color

About $5k total in options, and if you remove the special paint and taillights, it's less than $1k in options. Less is more. True to the T ethos and a cool looking tribute car. I'm satisfied.

Post purchase mods:
Mirrors in gloss black
PORSCHE side decal in gloss black
Exterior color dash trim wrapped in black - that one piece takes the color overboard
Maybe add green seatbelts

Still open to feedback before I submit tomorrow. Thank you to everyone who chimed in. A subtle shift in thinking about it has me a little more excited about it now.

The following users liked this post:
Scott P (12-29-2022)
Old 12-29-2022, 02:52 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,772 Likes on 5,138 Posts

I have my final config. Three important decisions:
1. I'm building it for myself.
2. I'm going full stripper.
3. I'm building a tribute car. I've never had a skittles color 911 and this is the right car and the right time. My favorite modern 911 is the 997.1 RS in kermit green. Giddy up.

My build. Sorry, it's in Spanish and pesos: http://www.porsche-code.com/PP89K5J4

Python green with Carrera S wheels in gloss black
Decal and emblem delete
7 speed and large tank
Exclusive design taillights - red and green is too Christmas
Interior accents in exterior color - adds sportiness to the interior without paying $1k for the tach and seatbelts in color

About $5k total in options, and if you remove the special paint and taillights, it's less than $1k in options. Less is more. True to the T ethos and a cool looking tribute car. I'm satisfied.

Post purchase mods:
Mirrors in gloss black
PORSCHE side decal in gloss black
Exterior color dash trim wrapped in black - that one piece takes the color overboard
Maybe add green seatbelts

Still open to feedback before I submit tomorrow. Thank you to everyone who chimed in. A subtle shift in thinking about it has me a little more excited about it now.
I would spec the OEM seat belts in Lizard Green.

Cheaper and easier than doing it after the fact, plus not sure they even offer Python Green belts to match the exterior.

Interior trim pieces in exterior color always look a bit out of place (to be nice) and just tacky (to be honest), but then you do you.

Last edited by ipse dixit; 12-29-2022 at 02:53 AM.
Scott P (12-29-2022)
Old 12-29-2022, 03:28 AM
Macboy
Burning Brakes

Received 3,300 Likes on 733 Posts

Great build sir. Love the taillights in dark since red/green is not really nice. You can darken the lower reflectors afterwards. At first I did not understand the black wheels because of the mirrors but you are changing them afterwards.

The only thing you must do are the lizard green seatbelts. Please don’t make the mistake doing them afterwards. The option cost almost nothing. Afterwards is not only 4 times more expensive but your belts will probably get dirty as well because it’s almost impossible for the workers to mount them correctly. Why make such trouble when you can buy them for $600. It’s also clear that you like them. So this is a no brainer so just trust us.

Personally I would add the green tacho and chrono as well but not with the interior in color. It’s the one or the other. Whatever you prefer. To me I like it when it screams a little less.
Old 12-29-2022, 10:38 AM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ipse dixit
I would spec the OEM seat belts in Lizard Green.

Cheaper and easier than doing it after the fact, plus not sure they even offer Python Green belts to match the exterior.

Interior trim pieces in exterior color always look a bit out of place (to be nice) and just tacky (to be honest), but then you do you.
Originally Posted by Macboy
Great build sir. Love the taillights in dark since red/green is not really nice. You can darken the lower reflectors afterwards. At first I did not understand the black wheels because of the mirrors but you are changing them afterwards.

The only thing you must do are the lizard green seatbelts. Please don’t make the mistake doing them afterwards. The option cost almost nothing. Afterwards is not only 4 times more expensive but your belts will probably get dirty as well because it’s almost impossible for the workers to mount them correctly. Why make such trouble when you can buy them for $600. It’s also clear that you like them. So this is a no brainer so just trust us.

Personally I would add the green tacho and chrono as well but not with the interior in color. It’s the one or the other. Whatever you prefer. To me I like it when it screams a little less.
The challenge has became to build a cool car as cheap as possible. Python is a must-have and I can't have it with red taillights. That's $4k. Dials and seatbelts in color are cool but common and add another $1k, hence the idea of going with color interior bits instead. I agree that it's too much as is but blacking out the dash piece and leaving only the center console and door trim pieces adds the right amount of color. I'm still debating going with dials and seatbelts (without color trim) but I'd maybe go yellow instead of green.
Old 12-29-2022, 11:13 AM
Scott P
Rennlist Member

Received 3,287 Likes on 1,410 Posts

I love Lizard Green, that is such a cool color. Around where I live though in Buffalo, NY area, it would stand out waaaaay too much for my liking. I never noticed until I configured the car on a US configurator that when ordering Gloss Black wheels you get the colored Porsche emblems instead of Agate Grey. May have to change my build mildly.

Old 12-29-2022, 04:23 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

@Scott P I much prefer the Agate wheels on silver. The caps are easy enough to swap. Your car looks great.
balucipher (12-29-2022)
Old 12-29-2022, 06:36 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,850 Likes on 1,520 Posts

Love it...

And i do like the interior trim in exterior color, though I don't think it works quite as well on the 992 as it did on the 991 interior.

Motorsports stripe in black might go well with your theme? Easy enough to do aftermarket as well.

Wilder (12-30-2022)