Sponsored by:

Porsche screwed up my leather interior

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2022, 07:23 PM
getto822000
Rennlist Member

Received 205 Likes on 95 Posts
Default Porsche screwed up my leather interior

After quite a few delays I finally got my PTS Viola Metallic C4S today. Shes amazing! I LOVE the car. But after I got home I noticed a couple of minor things that aren't right and I was wondering how I should get this fixed.

1) The steering column should be in Graphite Blue leather but it came in Black. It does match the shifter though. I know the shifter boots are all black but I wonder if Porsche did this on purpose to make them match since they are near eachother? It would be nice if they were both in Graphite Blue (any leads on custom boots??)

2) The sunvisors were ordered in Racetex and I was told they would be Graphite Blue to match the headliner and the seat belt outlets that are also Graphite Blue Racetex. They arrived in Black.

3) I ordered the leather upgrade for the fuse box covers (I know, crazy, I know) but the stitching came in blue instead of Chalk like the rest of the car. ALL the interior stitching is deviated in Chalk except these covers and we ordered them with Chalk.

So, what should I ask the dealer to fix? What should I live with? What should I have fixed on my own and who can do this for me? Ideally the entire car will have Graphite Blue leather with Chalk stitching and Graphite Blue Racetex where appropriate. I paid $174,950 for this car and so a bit of fixing doesn't bother me. I just want the car corrected.

The following 3 users liked this post by getto822000:
iguana (11-09-2022), JDeRose (11-09-2022), westcoastj (11-20-2022)
Old 11-08-2022, 07:57 PM
tna3
Racer

Received 136 Likes on 87 Posts

Anything related to leather and stitching can be corrected by a leather repair shop. I don’t know about the race Tex though. You could ask your dealer and see if Porsche would send a correct color visor to swap assuming they build deviated visors. Porsche charges big money for customization but in this instance it seems they couldn’t deliver what they charge.
The following users liked this post:
Awdnut (11-10-2022)
Old 11-08-2022, 07:57 PM
Scott P
Rennlist Member

Received 3,287 Likes on 1,410 Posts

Great PTS color, that is very nice. You've obviously spent a lot of time with. your build decisions and I agree, the lack of color match you've depicted doesn't look right. Surely you mentioned these complaints with your SA before finalizing delivery I would hope.
Old 11-08-2022, 08:03 PM
getto822000
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Chief F1 Fan
Great PTS color, that is very nice. You've obviously spent a lot of time with. your build decisions and I agree, the lack of color match you've depicted doesn't look right. Surely you mentioned these complaints with your SA before finalizing delivery I would hope.
My SA was really cool about it and asked if I wanted to submit some kind of request with Porsche. I talked with the main service guy about it. I wasn't all that upset until I noticed a couple more glitches... at first I just saw the steering column but it seemed to match the shifter boot which was cool. But the other items are upsetting. I know this is super minor stuff but I'm determined to fix it. The car it so cool that it's worth fixing.

Thanks for color compliment. It's neat! Looks bluish in the clouds and purple in the sun. Cool color.
SamD (11-10-2022)
Old 11-08-2022, 08:18 PM
Tobeit
Rennlist Member

Received 1,512 Likes on 744 Posts

I would ask the SA to get it correct. Should all be color matched and looks weird with black pieces. You spent enough to ask to get it right.
The following 2 users liked this post by Tobeit:
NYCGT3 (11-08-2022), Scott P (11-09-2022)
Old 11-08-2022, 08:29 PM
PHX
Burning Brakes

Received 678 Likes on 440 Posts

Not being snarky but do you have it written down somewhere that those items would be your blue color and with the stitching you thought you would get? Is it in a product description when you checked a box? Is it written down on some sort of Exclusive Manufaktur paperwork?
Old 11-08-2022, 08:32 PM
Tobeit
Rennlist Member

Received 1,512 Likes on 744 Posts

Originally Posted by PHX
Not being snarky but do you have it written down somewhere that those items would be your blue color and with the stitching you thought you would get? Is it in a product description when you checked a box? Is it written down on some sort of Exclusive Manufaktur paperwork?
If you spec your car with extended leather and deviated stitching and select the add-on pieces they shall all be the same color and material. I would argue quality control at Porsche was sleeping.
The following 9 users liked this post by Tobeit:
balucipher (11-09-2022), FullThrottle64 (11-27-2022), Ifinallygotapcar (11-19-2022), KLOC (02-12-2023), NYCGT3 (11-08-2022), shrimp money (11-18-2022), suffer (11-09-2022), wdr911 (11-09-2022), westcoastj (11-20-2022) and 4 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 11-08-2022, 08:44 PM
Jay9722
Racer

Received 151 Likes on 79 Posts

I know you can get new sun visors from Suncoast in graphite blue leather but alcantara is only available in dark grey. The fuse box cover would be a pretty easy fix by a good upholstery shop. The steering wheel column seems like a lot of work to replace the leather. How did this happen? Did you miss something on the configurator or was it a screw up at the factory?
Old 11-08-2022, 08:52 PM
AJ_Tokyo
Advanced

Received 98 Likes on 28 Posts

Hi @getto822000 , absolutely beautiful car and color combination! You must be so proud. Truly amazing.

So I did quite a bit of research and discussion with my SA when ordering my spec, and this is what I can tell you:
1. The steering wheel column wrap should be in the same color as the upper dashboard. In my case, I have slate gray/chalk and thus my steering wheel column wrap is in slate gray. So yours should absolutely be in graphite blue, with the chalk stitching that you ordered as part of the full deviated stitching package that makes all stitching in the car the specified color. So this color mis-match is most certainly a factory mistake.
2. The fuse box covers are ordered with a specified stitching color (which can be same or different as the rest of the stitching in the car), so your SA needed to/should have specified Chalk stitching in the order code when submitting the order. If he did not, that's the SA's fault; if he did and it wasn't included than it is a factory mistake.
3. The Race-Tex visors ONLY come in black (yes, despite the fact that the Race-Tex headliner and seatbelt outlets are available in other colors); leather visors are available in multiple colors. Your SA should have known this and warned you. This is why I got leather visors to match the color of my slate gray Race-Tex headliner. This is not a factory mistake - the international configurator spells this out (see attached image).

So in my mind,
1. is a factory fault and should be corrected under warranty
2. could be an SA fault or a factory fault - ask your SA to show you the order to Porsche to see if the correct color stitching was specified in the order to determine fault
3. is an SA fault

You can and should make a warranty claim for factory faults; for SA faults you would need to point out the mistake and ask them to order the correct parts and exchange the parts at their cost.
I hope this is helpful.

Last edited by AJ_Tokyo; 11-08-2022 at 08:57 PM.
The following 6 users liked this post by AJ_Tokyo:
CO 992 (11-08-2022), KLOC (02-12-2023), mikey94025 (11-09-2022), Schwarz992C4S (11-27-2022), uter (11-08-2022), westcoastj (11-20-2022) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 11-08-2022, 09:19 PM
getto822000
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AJ_Tokyo
Hi @getto822000 , absolutely beautiful car and color combination! You must be so proud. Truly amazing.

So I did quite a bit of research and discussion with my SA when ordering my spec, and this is what I can tell you:
1. The steering wheel column wrap should be in the same color as the upper dashboard. In my case, I have slate gray/chalk and thus my steering wheel column wrap is in slate gray. So yours should absolutely be in graphite blue, with the chalk stitching that you ordered as part of the full deviated stitching package that makes all stitching in the car the specified color. So this color mis-match is most certainly a factory mistake.
2. The fuse box covers are ordered with a specified stitching color (which can be same or different as the rest of the stitching in the car), so your SA needed to/should have specified Chalk stitching in the order code when submitting the order. If he did not, that's the SA's fault; if he did and it wasn't included than it is a factory mistake.
3. The Race-Tex visors ONLY come in black (yes, despite the fact that the Race-Tex headliner and seatbelt outlets are available in other colors); leather visors are available in multiple colors. Your SA should have known this and warned you. This is why I got leather visors to match the color of my slate gray Race-Tex headliner. This is not a factory mistake - the international configurator spells this out (see attached image).

So in my mind,
1. is a factory fault and should be corrected under warranty
2. could be an SA fault or a factory fault - ask your SA to show you the order to Porsche to see if the correct color stitching was specified in the order to determine fault
3. is an SA fault

You can and should make a warranty claim for factory faults; for SA faults you would need to point out the mistake and ask them to order the correct parts and exchange the parts at their cost.
I hope this is helpful.

Okay thanks for the info! Yes I had originally spec'd Sunvisors in Leather but my SA suggested Racetex and also that I upgrade to the seatbelt outlets in Racetex, which I did. He said the color would be Graphite Blue. I asked again to check later and he confirmed again. So must be some confusion there.

Darn, I just want to get these tiny details fixed to make the car perfect. Such a shame to have these little errors.
Old 11-08-2022, 09:35 PM
4carl
Race Car

Received 1,168 Likes on 621 Posts

Really depends on how much aggravation you want.
I know it should be perfect unfortunately it’s not.
If it was me I would go for some form of compensation and live with it.
It won’t make a difference when you sell it and eventually you won’t notice it.
enjoy the car life is short!

Last edited by 4carl; 11-08-2022 at 09:37 PM.
devexpert (11-08-2022)
Old 11-08-2022, 09:58 PM
F8Driver
Pro

Received 336 Likes on 199 Posts

Not a fan of your color choices, but it is YOUR car. I think racetex is one color only, a dark gray variation of ultrasuede (alacantra). I don't think Porsche offers different colors.
Old 11-08-2022, 10:44 PM
Orca911
Rennlist Member

Received 424 Likes on 226 Posts

I'd drive it.
The following 5 users liked this post by Orca911:
BondJ (11-09-2022), cwbrown (11-09-2022), DocM (11-09-2022), garthg (11-19-2022), robert310 (11-09-2022)
Old 11-08-2022, 10:46 PM
PHX
Burning Brakes

Received 678 Likes on 440 Posts

Originally Posted by Tobeit
If you spec your car with extended leather and deviated stitching and select the add-on pieces they shall all be the same color and material. I would argue quality control at Porsche was sleeping.
I'm not saying QC/QA at Porsche wasn't sleeping, I'm asking where it says this "shall all be the same color and material" that you reference. Is it on the build sheet, configurator, somewhere magical, or where? @AJ_Tokyo added some valuable info to this and helped out quite a bit.

Anyway, I do hope this gets resolved to the OP's satisfaction.
Old 11-08-2022, 11:57 PM
Fcassells
Instructor

Received 220 Likes on 93 Posts

Just wanted to add how much I love the minutia of this thread and how we are all so on board. 😁
The following 2 users liked this post by Fcassells:
balucipher (11-09-2022), Tedster (11-09-2022)

Quick Reply: Porsche screwed up my leather interior