Notices
992 2019-Present The Forum for the Non-Turbo 911
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exterior colour interior accents on 992 GTS.

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2022, 12:27 PM
Castigs
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Exterior colour interior accents on 992 GTS.

Hello all
I haven't been able to find very much discussion regarding adding the exterior colour accented interior trim. I have GTS I've spec'd in chalk due to arrive 2 months ago lol..... supposedly it may actually appear in December.
So I did add the chalk colour interior accents and I'm a little worries now. Does anyone have any experience adding the exterior colour on the interior trim? Any pictures and feedback on whether you regret the decision? I can't do anything about it now but I've been anxiously awaiting the car's arrival to validate my choice. Fingers crossed it looks good.
My 991.2 had black interior accents and I found it a tad boring, I was hoping to make this car a little more exciting. I could have done the carbon fiber I guess, I regret it may have been a better choice for resale. Love to see any pics if you have them, and any feedback appreciated.
Old 10-29-2022, 04:07 PM
shrimp money
Race Car

Received 5,062 Likes on 2,030 Posts

Every 911 I’ve seen with this done, it’s hideous.
The following 2 users liked this post by shrimp money:
peterdouglas (10-30-2022), zachr (12-21-2022)
Old 10-29-2022, 04:26 PM
Castigs
Rennlist Member

Crap, I hope there's an aftermarket fix.....
Old 10-29-2022, 04:39 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,465 Likes on 2,813 Posts

Originally Posted by Castigs
Hello all
I haven't been able to find very much discussion regarding adding the exterior colour accented interior trim. I have GTS I've spec'd in chalk due to arrive 2 months ago lol..... supposedly it may actually appear in December.
So I did add the chalk colour interior accents and I'm a little worries now. Does anyone have any experience adding the exterior colour on the interior trim? Any pictures and feedback on whether you regret the decision? I can't do anything about it now but I've been anxiously awaiting the car's arrival to validate my choice. Fingers crossed it looks good.
My 991.2 had black interior accents and I found it a tad boring, I was hoping to make this car a little more exciting. I could have done the carbon fiber I guess, I regret it may have been a better choice for resale. Love to see any pics if you have them, and any feedback appreciated.
Do you have a configurator pic of the interior?

Devil is in the details.
Old 10-29-2022, 05:01 PM
rouxeny
Pro

Received 397 Likes on 195 Posts

Crap, I hope there's an aftermarket fix.....

there’s always a fix. Don’t worry about it too much.
Old 10-29-2022, 05:11 PM
Castigs
Rennlist Member

Here's a link to configuration
https://cc.porsche.com/icc/ccCall.do...ode=Pprt4bl9If doesnt work, code is PPRT4BL9

let me know what you think, I thought it looked sporty

Old 10-29-2022, 05:15 PM
breny4104
Rennlist Member

Received 457 Likes on 283 Posts

It will be fine. I think Nick Murray opined not to do it and, as such, some see it as overkill with the color matching. But with chalk I think you should be fine... Embrace it!
Old 10-29-2022, 05:21 PM
Castigs
Rennlist Member

Appreciate the feedback, I guess it would have been prudent to field the question before I locked it in!
Old 10-29-2022, 05:41 PM
rouxeny
Pro

I think it looks great! Chalk is a pretty neutral color all in all. My own opinion, I think that the brighter colors, GR, RY, LG, LO, would all look a bit too loud, especially as a daily driver.

If you ever wish, you could always re-buy all the trim pieces in whatever other appearance you want from Porsche.
Old 10-29-2022, 05:45 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Screen capped it for you.

Don’t sweat it - I think it looks cool. Some people are negative about paint matched interior trim, but I think it’s unique and chalk is a pretty conservative color, so it’s not too wacky looking (ie Python Green interior trim or something).

Only thing I might have done differently is spec chalk deviated stitching, but you did get the white gauges, so there is a tie in. Look forward to seeing some real world pics.

Worst case scenario if you absolutely hate it, you can change out the trim. Not cheap, but it’s always an option.

Old 10-29-2022, 05:55 PM
malba2366
Burning Brakes

Received 750 Likes on 423 Posts

Hello all
Chalk may look OK, because it blends it is basically white. IMHO it looks pretty bad when done with blue, red and other bright colors.
Old 10-29-2022, 06:15 PM
Castigs
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the picture, definitely shows better. Appreciate the feedback, i tried to tie in the dials and added chalk seatbelts. I regret cheaping out on chalk stitching, agreed.
Old 10-29-2022, 06:26 PM
rouxeny
Pro

Seeing the screen cap, I think it looks pretty badass. I really like it! Great choice!

To me, chalk stitching may have been a little too much in addition. Belts, trim, dials, AND stitching all together is too much chalk for me.
Old 10-29-2022, 06:39 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the picture, definitely shows better. Appreciate the feedback, i tried to tie in the dials and added chalk seatbelts. I regret cheaping out on chalk stitching, agreed.
Originally Posted by rouxeny
Seeing the screen cap, I think it looks pretty badass. I really like it! Great choice!

To me, chalk stitching may have been a little too much in addition. Belts, trim, dials, AND stitching all together is too much chalk for me.
I didn't notice the chalk belts. I wouldn't get belts and deviated stitch in the same color with chalk painted trim. It's either/or on that one. I think you did fine - should be a sharp look.
The following users liked this post:
Castigs (10-29-2022)
Old 10-29-2022, 06:52 PM
Castigs
Rennlist Member

Thank you! Ok feeling better that I'm not alone, I know it's not for everyone, but glad it's not off the charts a mistake.
The following users liked this post:
rouxeny (10-29-2022)

Quick Reply: Exterior colour interior accents on 992 GTS.