Alternate 992 gear selector

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2023, 11:45 PM
kevin11803
2nd Gear

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sycheah
Hi kevin11803,

please let us know your thoughts after you have put a few hard miles on your 992 with the new shifter. Since the shifter is heavier, I am curious if it will move on it's own during hard acceleration or braking. I am contemplating the purchase, and I thank you for taking the plunge first for all of us.

Seing
It doesnt move at all when youre driving - it still requires effort to shift RND - its easier to get into neutral with it imo
shifting is oddly satisfying - and it actually blends very well with the interior compare the the razor
The following users liked this post:
sycheah (10-26-2023)
Old 10-27-2023, 07:54 AM
txpackers
Racer

Received 299 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by kevin11803
I actually did it today
got it when wife visited taiwan

its actually a very nice unit (picture doesnt do it justice) - heavy, high quality like, and the lettering is actually lasered embed in the round bezel
The weight make the shifts more satisfying - Also much better looking than the razor

I’m a manual only car person. If for some reason I did have a PDK, I’d much prefer the gear selector that comes with the car originally. It’s very much like the one in my MINI SE. This change looks like you’re trying to imitate a manual transmission. Just doesn’t look right.
Old 10-28-2023, 01:26 AM
Bluehighways
Rennlist Member

Received 2,647 Likes on 1,246 Posts

The aftermarket is slowly responding to the idea of a Braun Shaver Shift **** replacement. But, in my opinion, not nearly rapidly enough, or at any sort of what I would consider, reasonable pricing.

I have been fiddling with an on again off again project. The goal is to generate an adapter that would allow the user (me) to employ any of the thousands of alternative Shift ***** that are presently on the market.

To do that, the adapter has to match the dimensions of the bottom half of the stock Braun Shaver, with a top half consisting of a threaded 17mm post. The challenge are the Curves that Porsche uses. One curve (half circle almost) at the very Bottom and a Second curve at what I'd call the Shoulder of the Braun Shift ****.

Would anyone, who has already replaced their Braun Shaver Shift **** with something else, be willing to lend me their original Braun Shaver Shift ****? I would like to make an accurate physical and 3D Printer Template. I don't want to park my car for a few months just to continue with this.

The attached images.kind of show what I need. First is a basic line diagram of the intended adapter. The second, with red highlighting, is the area of the Braun Shift **** I'm most interested in.

Last edited by Bluehighways; 10-28-2023 at 01:28 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Bluehighways:
stopngo (10-28-2023), sycheah (10-30-2023)

Quick Reply: Alternate 992 gear selector