Sponsored by:

C2S specs-what do you think-freezes in 2 days

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2022, 06:52 PM
Staffie Guy
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,442 Likes on 698 Posts
Default C2S specs-what do you think-freezes in 2 days

My configuration freezes in 2 days-what do you guys think. My code is PPITSN38.
Old 10-12-2022, 07:39 PM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Received 1,834 Likes on 956 Posts

Good color. I originally wanted Agate when I thought about a 718 but by the time I was on the 992 track, I went Gentian. My other big thought was Chalk. Personal, and I think a good choice. Older color now relatively in the P lineup so I don't think you see as many new 992s in Agate which does give it a bit of rarity.

Those are the wheels I have and love them.

Overall solid build. 7MT is a must. I like the upgraded clock choice. Love the chalk seats. I went with Chalk seat centers because I didn't want the Slate dash/steering wheel. But as long as you don't mind that.

Consider dropping the puddle lights, add the illuminated aluminum door sills and the 930 leather. For a bit more flair, you could switch the tach to red, and add the guards red seat belts.

Last edited by 3rdpedal; 10-12-2022 at 07:41 PM.
Old 10-12-2022, 07:56 PM
balucipher
Pro

Received 643 Likes on 331 Posts

I'd say get the Sport Package so you get SPASM for $440
Old 10-12-2022, 08:12 PM
Ontheboost
Intermediate

Received 36 Likes on 14 Posts

As others have said, I would consider the SPASM and perhaps chalk belts. Love the Burmeister add. Overall looks really good - I like agate gray as well.

Only must have that I see missing is the gas cap..you gotta get the gas cap, come on.
Old 10-12-2022, 10:13 PM
balucipher
Pro

Received 643 Likes on 331 Posts

I also agree the 930 package is a nice touch for not too much more when you already have the 18 ways picked. Only reason I didn't go for it is that I wanted the cheaper Sports Seats Plus
Old 10-13-2022, 12:06 AM
lone992
Instructor

Received 312 Likes on 99 Posts

Nice spec! Need to get the options that YOU like. However, let me try and help you save 10K: http://www.porsche-code.com/PPRHHLL0
Old 10-13-2022, 12:47 AM
Bluehighways
Rennlist Member

Received 2,719 Likes on 1,280 Posts

I'd make just 3 changes:
  • I'd drop the White Tachometer. More than a few posts here on this forum that it washes out the numbers and makes the Tachometer difficult to read.
  • I'd not spend the money on the Burmester Sound System. Not because it isn't good, it actually is quite good, but the normal/standard interior racket in our 992 911's renders any high end systems performance a waste . . . . unfortunately for the audiophile.
  • I would add the Premium Package. It includes a lot of what you have selected ala-carte plus a few nice extras.
End result of the above would come to $148,610 which would save you a few pennies without IMHO changing the value of the entire package. YMMV or course.
Old 10-13-2022, 08:54 AM
doug_999
Rennlist Member

Received 862 Likes on 441 Posts

I would add surround view (just get the premium package). I use it everyday pulling into my garage or making sure I don’t hit a curb.

Lose the white tach (see above comments)
Keep the Burm (car is not that noisy)
Don’t add SPASM (car rides amazing with standard PASM and sport mode makes it a bit brutal - at least here in Chicago)
Consider RAS - no, it’s not a must have, but the parking lot tricks are really cool
Old 10-13-2022, 09:11 AM
PHX
Burning Brakes

Received 701 Likes on 452 Posts

I have the white tach and have found zero problems with it. It is a truth though that there are some threads on here about people complaining about it, although not much lately about it. Maybe the tide will turn and it will become a rant again.

Like others have said, check the Premium Pkg box for a bit more value if you see a need for those little extras you get.

It's your car, whip it up like you wish. I really like that color and interior combo.
The following users liked this post:
Fullyield (10-13-2022)
Old 10-13-2022, 10:13 AM
Staffie Guy
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,442 Likes on 698 Posts

Thanks guys.

The red tach is a very good suggestion as it does match the red shift pattern for the 23 shifter and adding the red seat belts would complete the look. Thanks, I will make the change today.
I choose Burmester because the car is noisy-need clarity when I turn up the volume to hear music. If I want to hear the sound of the car, I will just turn off the music.
RAS is nice but adds complexity and an expensive lithium battery.
SPASM is a great buy with the sport package, but I think the ride degradation will offset the handling benefits for me.
I decided to pass on all driver aids, not that they are not useful, but I had to draw the line somewhere. So that eliminated the premium package for me plus I did not want Bose.
The 930 interior is also a very nice touch, but again I had to draw a line somewhere. If I had unlimited funds, I would pick unlimited options.
The suggested build by Bluehighways is a very nice spec, but it was worth the 10K to me to get my package.

This post was a success for me as I will make a change as a result. Thanks again.

The following 3 users liked this post by Staffie Guy:
aggie57 (10-13-2022), Bluehighways (10-13-2022), Ray K. (10-13-2022)
Old 10-13-2022, 10:32 AM
Ray K.
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 63 Posts

I'm with you on skipping the driving aids. I find them nice to have. I use them in my wife's SUV butt front and rear parking sensors and the rear camera is all I need.
Old 10-13-2022, 10:33 AM
Bluehighways
Rennlist Member

Received 2,719 Likes on 1,280 Posts

Good choices. The required lithium battery was a big reason why I did not check the RAS box.
Old 10-13-2022, 11:14 AM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Received 1,834 Likes on 956 Posts

Originally Posted by Staffie Guy
Thanks guys.

The red tach is a very good suggestion as it does match the red shift pattern for the 23 shifter and adding the red seat belts would complete the look. Thanks, I will make the change today.
I choose Burmester because the car is noisy-need clarity when I turn up the volume to hear music. If I want to hear the sound of the car, I will just turn off the music.
RAS is nice but adds complexity and an expensive lithium battery.
SPASM is a great buy with the sport package, but I think the ride degradation will offset the handling benefits for me.
I decided to pass on all driver aids, not that they are not useful, but I had to draw the line somewhere. So that eliminated the premium package for me plus I did not want Bose.
The 930 interior is also a very nice touch, but again I had to draw a line somewhere. If I had unlimited funds, I would pick unlimited options.
The suggested build by Bluehighways is a very nice spec, but it was worth the 10K to me to get my package.

This post was a success for me as I will make a change as a result. Thanks again.
SPASM does have a normal and a sport mode. From what I understand the SPASM normal is not far from a PASM car anyway. I do not notice any rough ride on my car with SPASM in Normal mode, and it only goes into Sport if I do it manual OR if I go into Sport Plus mode, and in that situation can be individually turned back off. Our Denver roads are not the greatest so I drive in normal mode most of the time, but when I head out on mountain twisty drives, engaging the Sport SPASM mode is a nice benefit. Most of the time I drive in Sport mode, which turns on Rev Matching, PSE, and maps the throttle more aggressively, without turning on the SPASM Sport.

Just an FYI. Glad to hear you went for those red touches. I think like you said it will go nice with the new shifter inlay.
Staffie Guy (10-13-2022)
Old 10-13-2022, 11:40 AM
doug_999
Rennlist Member

Received 862 Likes on 441 Posts

Originally Posted by Ray K.
I'm with you on skipping the driving aids. I find them nice to have. I use them in my wife's SUV butt front and rear parking sensors and the rear camera is all I need.
I get the OP skipping the LCA, but the surround view is UNBELIEVABLE - I wish I had it in my X3. But in the 992, at least I'm not taking my front bumper off pulling into a space. For me, that's worth $1,500
dixonk (10-13-2022)
Old 10-13-2022, 11:56 AM
dixonk
Rennlist Member

Received 1,803 Likes on 801 Posts

Originally Posted by doug_999
I get the OP skipping the LCA, but the surround view is UNBELIEVABLE - I wish I had it in my X3. But in the 992, at least I'm not taking my front bumper off pulling into a space. For me, that's worth $1,500
Surround view is worth every penny. I would personally not spec a car without it.
The following 2 users liked this post by dixonk:
aggie57 (10-13-2022), Smirnoff67 (10-13-2022)

Quick Reply: C2S specs-what do you think-freezes in 2 days