Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C2S specs-what do you think-freezes in 2 days

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2022, 12:21 PM
Dudewithout992
Instructor

Received 179 Likes on 89 Posts

If you're seeking a quieter cabin, get the noise insulating glass. Great option. You may read previous posts about quality problems. If that was the case they've been remediated, at least for me.
The following users liked this post:
balucipher (10-13-2022)
Old 10-13-2022, 12:44 PM
doug_999
Rennlist Member

Received 862 Likes on 441 Posts

Originally Posted by Dudewith992
If you're seeking a quieter cabin, get the noise insulating glass. Great option. You may read previous posts about quality problems. If that was the case they've been remediated, at least for me.
My challenge with this option is the inability to get the rear wiper. The OP doesn't say where he is, but where I live (Chicago), and how I drive (daily), this option (rear wiper) is invaluable.
Old 10-13-2022, 01:00 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,135 Likes on 684 Posts

I would lose the puddle lights, +/- the interior trim in aluminum (if cost at a hard limit) and put towards the surround view. It is very, very good and has already saved me from pulling up onto a curb I misjudged. I feel it's "essential" in a cab due to poor rearward visibility with the top up, but I think it's well worth the money in a coupe as well (wife's A6 has a similar system).

Proper mirror adjustment makes LCA superfluous - I have it and it annoys me. One, it was perfectly placed in the A pillar with 3 red bars in the 991.2 and very easy to see versus yellow in the mirror and much harder to see. Also, it flashes like you're about to hit someone when changing lanes if there aren't about 300 car lengths between you. I have asked to adjust this absurd distance matrix and have been told it can't be done. I hate it.

I have the red tach ring and for the money, I would skip it if doing it all over.

Had a Burmester in a 991.1 TT and found it a waste of money with the noise levels, but that's personal preference. Very pricey option though.
Old 10-13-2022, 01:07 PM
Ray K.
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by doug_999
I get the OP skipping the LCA, but the surround view is UNBELIEVABLE - I wish I had it in my X3. But in the 992, at least I'm not taking my front bumper off pulling into a space. For me, that's worth $1,500
We have it in our X3 and I agree it is fantastic. I'm just not willing to pay $1430 for this feature alone. I didn't spec it in my M4 and don't miss it since I have the park distance sensors in the front and tilting side mirror. For me it has more value in a larger vehicle.
The following users liked this post:
3rdpedal (10-13-2022)
Old 10-13-2022, 04:32 PM
doug_999
Rennlist Member

Received 862 Likes on 441 Posts

Originally Posted by Ray K.
We have it in our X3 and I agree it is fantastic. I'm just not willing to pay $1430 for this feature alone. I didn't spec it in my M4 and don't miss it since I have the park distance sensors in the front and tilting side mirror. For me it has more value in a larger vehicle.
Ugh... don't remind me - BMW does not offer this anymore - but the dealer can possibly add it -the day I realized this, my new X3 went status 150 (I think that is the code?) and it was too late to add the $750 option. NOT HAPPY.

However, to me, having a car low to the ground, that can hit things and cause more damage (curb, front of my garage, other), makes it even more valuable on a small car like the 911.

Quick Reply: C2S specs-what do you think-freezes in 2 days