Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2023 GTS Build..thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2022, 01:37 PM
balucipher
Pro

Received 643 Likes on 331 Posts

I'd keep steel brakes if you're tracking it. Ceramic coating the wheels helps a little.

Love the blue interior - I think the orange works with it. It would be better if you could PTS it and switch to Azzuro Thetys Metallic - the blue in that silver would work great with the interior. But the cost and extra wait time for PTS might be too much.

You could probably skip PDCC - read other people's experiences on it and most people suggest it for top heavy cars more than your car. Same with FAL, I don't think these cars are low enough to warrant it for most people.

Innodrive and ACC aren't for me but if its for you, cool.

I agree the Sport Seats Plus / 18 ways look better and are more comfortable for me. Sit in each of the available seats at your dealer and decide.

It looks like a great build, congrats.
Old 10-05-2022, 01:39 PM
shrimp money
Race Car

Received 5,061 Likes on 2,029 Posts

Let's be honest about something here. The 911 isn't loud inside, with the windows up, or down. It's actually quiet as hell. If you're buying any 911 variant thinking it sounds like an Aventador SV at cold start, you're mistaken.
The following 2 users liked this post by shrimp money:
doug_999 (10-06-2022), ggreg911 (10-13-2022)
Old 10-05-2022, 01:49 PM
Maize
Track Day

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Bruce R
What a great build, GT Silver over Blue is a winner, every day! Two items;
  • What about ceramics? Unless you like brake dust I'd get it, $180k to $190k no biggie
  • Also those 14 ways are missing the shoulder support/wings of a Plus seats and look narrow and not sporty. Do 4 or 18 way, I'm doing 4 ways, keeping it simple. Colin Chapman once said 'give someone an adjustable setting & they'll set it wrong' - or something to that effect
@Bruce R - thats awsome quote... 'give someone an adjustable setting & they'll set it wrong' - or something to that effect. :-) I do believe that.

I had 14ways on my 992 c2s and I thought they were great. I felt I could do the 14ways again with the 930 package to dress it up.
Old 10-05-2022, 01:51 PM
Maize
Track Day

Originally Posted by shrimp money
Let's be honest about something here. The 911 isn't loud inside, with the windows up, or down. It's actually quiet as hell. If you're buying any 911 variant thinking it sounds like an Aventador SV at cold start, you're mistaken.
so true... the 992 GTS sounds loud enough to not feel like your trying to get attention or trying to get attention.
The following users liked this post:
jtsrenn (10-05-2022)
Old 10-05-2022, 01:57 PM
Maize
Track Day

Originally Posted by balucipher
I'd keep steel brakes if you're tracking it. Ceramic coating the wheels helps a little.

Love the blue interior - I think the orange works with it. It would be better if you could PTS it and switch to Azzuro Thetys Metallic - the blue in that silver would work great with the interior. But the cost and extra wait time for PTS might be too much.

You could probably skip PDCC - read other people's experiences on it and most people suggest it for top heavy cars more than your car. Same with FAL, I don't think these cars are low enough to warrant it for most people.

Innodrive and ACC aren't for me but if its for you, cool.

I agree the Sport Seats Plus / 18 ways look better and are more comfortable for me. Sit in each of the available seats at your dealer and decide.

It looks like a great build, congrats.
I got FAL this time on the GTS, becuase my 992 C2S with sport suspension and sport design package would rub (lost count of the times) and I angle my approch and everything. My driveway... I have to reverse up could not go up with the front due to incline. I live in NYC and driveways generally have some sort of incline or speed bumb.

PDCC I figured for the looong drives (highways) when you dail it down to normal it softens up the car - when I drag my wife and kids. So to hear less complianing from them and more opertunity to drive I picked PDCC. I can always turn it back to sport when its me just driving.

Last edited by Maize; 10-05-2022 at 02:02 PM.
Old 10-13-2022, 04:34 PM
ggreg911
Racer

Received 211 Likes on 89 Posts

No brake dust is priceless in my book
Old 10-13-2022, 10:09 PM
F8Driver
Pro

Received 331 Likes on 195 Posts

PDDC is fine for track, less important for street. Adaptive cruise control is a wash, if I'm in a situation where adaptive would be effective, I'm not using the cruise. Lane Keep is more an annoyance than a convenience. Certainly you're gilding the lily, but its your car after all.
Old 10-14-2022, 12:02 PM
Litigator
Instructor

Received 149 Likes on 70 Posts

Seems to have a lot of "luxe" options mixed with "race" options. I'd pick one or the other. Also, get the 4-ways or the 18-ways. I chose the 4-ways and couldn't be happier, but I understand why folks want memory seats, etc.

Quick Reply: 2023 GTS Build..thoughts