Sponsored by:

AC delete

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2022, 09:50 PM
Ull
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Default AC delete

I've realized I never turn on the AC, can it be removed like an appenix?

Weight savings
Old 09-27-2022, 09:55 PM
shrimp money
Race Car

Received 5,061 Likes on 2,029 Posts

Go troll a Nissan Kicks forum dude. You’ve been chased out of every sub-section.
The following 6 users liked this post by shrimp money:
Art gt3rs (09-28-2022), dhirm5 (09-28-2022), DSC48 (09-28-2022), NigelPlays (09-28-2022), vic55 (09-28-2022), westcoastj (09-28-2022) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 09-27-2022, 10:21 PM
Ull
Instructor

Originally Posted by shrimp money
Go troll a Nissan Kicks forum dude. You’ve been chased out of every sub-section.
Go cry about it in your closet lol, this is a real question. Not my fault you're unable to roll the top down in your coupe. If you have nothing of value to contribute please dont spam the thread with your garbage. Thanks.

If youre going to continue to harass me across threads I hope youre prepared to put your money where your mouth is, lets make a friendly bet. Come down to az for 7 days, we'll drive anywhere anytime anyhow you want, and I will not turn the AC on (if you get dehydrated I'll drop you off at the hospital). If I win by not turning the AC on through the duratiob you owe me 4 tires, if you win and I do turn the AC on even once I owe you 2 tires. Seems like fair odds wouldnt you say?

Last edited by Ull; 09-27-2022 at 10:55 PM.
Old 09-27-2022, 11:38 PM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 8,099 Likes on 2,995 Posts

The weight savings is about the same as a few gallons of gas. Not worth it on car that isn’t a lightweight in the first place.

If you live in a place where you don’t ever need the AC, go you, but deleting the AC is one of the few things that you can do to a 911 that will obliterate resale. Race car? Sure, knock yourself out, but deleting it on a street car is dumb, especially so, where buyers are looking for a level of luxury.

Old 09-27-2022, 11:50 PM
dixonk
Rennlist Member

Received 1,631 Likes on 726 Posts

Saving weight by removing components on a street car seems ridiculous. Most people could stand to pull some weight off their bodies which would be a better solution anyway. I once met a guy that was pulling the rear seats out of a 4000lb mustang to save weight and he was at least 275lbs. I was baffled by that logic.
The following 2 users liked this post by dixonk:
aggie57 (09-28-2022), detansinn (09-28-2022)
Old 09-27-2022, 11:56 PM
Tobeit
Rennlist Member

Received 1,462 Likes on 728 Posts

Originally Posted by Ull
Go cry about it in your closet lol, this is a real question. Not my fault you're unable to roll the top down in your coupe. If you have nothing of value to contribute please dont spam the thread with your garbage. Thanks.

If youre going to continue to harass me across threads I hope youre prepared to put your money where your mouth is, lets make a friendly bet. Come down to az for 7 days, we'll drive anywhere anytime anyhow you want, and I will not turn the AC on (if you get dehydrated I'll drop you off at the hospital). If I win by not turning the AC on through the duratiob you owe me 4 tires, if you win and I do turn the AC on even once I owe you 2 tires. Seems like fair odds wouldnt you say?
You live in AZ and never use AC? ...and then you try to make a bet for 4 tires you can stand it longer than others? Uhm, sounds like trolling.
Old 09-28-2022, 12:00 AM
Ull
Instructor

Originally Posted by detansinn
The weight savings is about the same as a few gallons of gas. Not worth it on car that isn’t a lightweight in the first place.

If you live in a place where you don’t ever need the AC, go you, but deleting the AC is one of the few things that you can do to a 911 that will obliterate resale. Race car? Sure, knock yourself out, but deleting it on a street car is dumb, especially so, where buyers are looking for a level of luxury.
My priorities are probably a bit different than others, I drive my car fast and the seats are luxurious enough for me - these are training wheels for my next step up, which if everything goes well will be a 2RS in the future. Thanks for clarifying. I think on my current car, since it'll only be worth a few gallons of gas it might not be worth the hassle, thanks. (I already drive with minimum reasonable amt of gas, usually around 6 gallons, just considering other ways to reduce weight, I'll make this a lower priority, probably near the bottom for now.)

Originally Posted by dixonk
Saving weight by removing components on a street car seems ridiculous. Most people could stand to pull some weight off their bodies which would be a better solution anyway. I once met a guy that was pulling the rear seats out of a 4000lb mustang to save weight and he was at least 275lbs. I was baffled by that logic.
I'm 6 feet tall and weigh about 150 pounds - already removed part of my kidney this summer due to a little bit of kidney cancer. Not much more weight reduction to be done unless you know of any useless organs. (Though im sure some more cancer followed by robot surgery will push the limit further if that happens, )

Originally Posted by Tobeit
You live in AZ and never use AC? ...and then you try to make a bet for 4 tires you can stand it longer than others? Uhm, sounds like trolling.
Not really trolling, I not only live here I was born here. Heat doesnt bother me. Deal with it, or go cry about it somewhere else.

Last edited by Ull; 09-28-2022 at 12:05 AM.
Old 09-28-2022, 12:12 AM
Tobeit
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ull
My priorities are probably a bit different than others, I drive my car fast and the seats are luxurious enough for me - these are training wheels for my next step up, which if everything goes well will be a 2RS in the future. Thanks for clarifying. I think on my current car, since it'll only be worth a few gallons of gas it might not be worth the hassle, thanks. (I already drive with minimum reasonable amt of gas, usually around 6 gallons, just considering other ways to reduce weight, I'll make this a lower priority, probably near the bottom for now.)

I'm 6 feet tall and weigh about 150 pounds - already removed part of my kidney this summer due to a little bit of kidney cancer. Not much more weight reduction to be done unless you know of any useless organs. (Though im sure some more cancer followed by robot surgery will push the limit further if that happens, )

Not really trolling, I not only live here I was born here. Heat doesnt bother me. Deal with it, or go cry about it somewhere else.
So, I gather you drive a cab...that is ~154 pounds heavier to start with compared to an identical coupe and all that weight is on top.....and you only put 6 gallon of gas in as you try to save weight to drive fast ...and you worry about weight of an AC. Sounds to me you bought the wrong car - buy a coupe with AC and you you are lighter and better suited to drive fast/race.
The following users liked this post:
westcoastj (09-28-2022)
Old 09-28-2022, 12:21 AM
dixonk
Rennlist Member

Received 1,631 Likes on 726 Posts

Originally Posted by Ull

Sucks about the cancer. Just making sure though with the current state of the USA being a bunch of mobility scooter, buffet eating, Walmart shoppers all big and plump. I just can’t get the memory of that big fat guy yanking out 15 lb seats on an already hefty car.
Ull (09-28-2022)
Old 09-28-2022, 01:27 AM
Ull
Instructor

Originally Posted by Tobeit
So, I gather you drive a cab...that is ~154 pounds heavier to start with compared to an identical coupe and all that weight is on top.....and you only put 6 gallon of gas in as you try to save weight to drive fast ...and you worry about weight of an AC. Sounds to me you bought the wrong car - buy a coupe with AC and you you are lighter and better suited to drive fast/race.
I bought the right car, thanks for your concern. When I bought my car I walked in to a showroom, looked at all the available cars, including coupes, decided I didnt want them, looked at all incoming inventory within the next few weeks, including coupes, and picked the car I wanted. Just because I'm interested in modifications or understanding how to push my car past factory limits doesnt mean its the wrong car. Can you tell me which other 992 models that were rear wheel drive, turbocharged, and convertible in 2020? (Carrera, S cab) Can you tell me which GT/RS cars are convetible? (None). If I have a GT2RS in the future, owning any other porsche coupe is a waste of money in my opinion. Owning a porsche cab in addition to a 2RS is conversely not only reasonable but checks as many of my boxes as possible, without needing multiple of the same body style.

Originally Posted by dixonk
Sucks about the cancer. Just making sure though with the current state of the USA being a bunch of mobility scooter, buffet eating, Walmart shoppers all big and plump. I just can’t get the memory of that big fat guy yanking out 15 lb seats on an already hefty car.
I have no idea how they are able to maintain weights that excessive but I do find their ability to attach power scooters to the back of cars so they never have to walk to be impressive

Last edited by Ull; 09-28-2022 at 02:01 AM.
dixonk (09-28-2022)
Old 09-28-2022, 01:54 AM
EZ E
Pro

Received 398 Likes on 194 Posts

Bring your 911 over I'll do the New Jersey weight loss plan! Bust out your windows and steal your wheels.
The following 4 users liked this post by EZ E:
dixonk (09-28-2022), theorangesguy (09-28-2022), Ull (09-28-2022), zachr (10-02-2022)
Old 09-28-2022, 01:58 AM
Ull
Instructor

Originally Posted by EZ E
Bring your 911 over I'll do the New Jersey weight loss plan! Bust out your windows and steal your wheels.

Ive heard about the san francisco plan as well, theyll cut the soft top up to get at the empty grocery bag in the back seat footwell... not sure if I'm ready for the speedster conversion yet though

Does new jersey take radios too? Someone on rennlist told me the bose system sucks anyways

Last edited by Ull; 09-28-2022 at 02:03 AM.
EZ E (09-28-2022)
Old 09-28-2022, 09:09 AM
drcollie
Race Car

Received 4,134 Likes on 1,462 Posts

3rdpedal (09-28-2022)
Old 09-28-2022, 09:14 AM
Art gt3rs
Instructor

Received 111 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by shrimp money

Hello Shrimp Money,
Sometimes you just have to consider the source and ignore the idiots/trolls. From reading his post he’s had his car for two years and he’s just now joining the forum his month? With 70 plus post. 🤔

Here is a quote from one of his post

Noticed today a certain youtubers GT3 was "crashed into" at an area well known for dangerous driving (example people driving on the wrong side of the road as he experienced)

Out of curiosity, how many other people are regularly driving dangerous sections while driving poorly? (Only saying that because if what happened to him is a "well known" occurance at that specific area...why take no precautions and instead take actions that may lead to an accident lol. Definition of poor driving imho). End quote

He lives in Az. Born and raised there (according to him) and he is knowledgeable about the roads in NC.?? quote….” if what happened to him is a "well known" occurance at that specific area.” End quote

I guess he doesn’t know Adam is professional driver, and insinuates that he drives dangerously and poorly… Lol.

Some people are just wannabes.
The following 3 users liked this post by Art gt3rs:
3rdpedal (09-28-2022), shrimp money (09-28-2022), Staffie Guy (09-28-2022)
Old 09-28-2022, 10:43 AM
Tobeit
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ull
I bought the right car, thanks for your concern. When I bought my car I walked in to a showroom, looked at all the available cars, including coupes, decided I didnt want them, looked at all incoming inventory within the next few weeks, including coupes, and picked the car I wanted. Just because I'm interested in modifications or understanding how to push my car past factory limits doesnt mean its the wrong car. Can you tell me which other 992 models that were rear wheel drive, turbocharged, and convertible in 2020? (Carrera, S cab) Can you tell me which GT/RS cars are convetible? (None). If I have a GT2RS in the future, owning any other porsche coupe is a waste of money in my opinion. Owning a porsche cab in addition to a 2RS is conversely not only reasonable but checks as many of my boxes as possible, without needing multiple of the same body style.
You seem to ramble a lot. Most of your response has nothing to do with the question and topic on hand....but glad you bought the right car for you but a cab is not the right car for what you are after...

Quick Reply: AC delete