Sponsored by:

Build Advice - 911 4S - Aventurine Green with Truffle Brown interior

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2022, 01:46 PM
Lvelidi
Track Day

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Build Advice - 911 4S - Aventurine Green with Truffle Brown interior

New member here - looking to put down a deposit soon for this. Wanted to get feedback if my spec. is decent/missing anything etc.

www.porsche-code.com/PP75MUS1

Last edited by Lvelidi; 09-19-2022 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Uploading pictures.
Old 09-19-2022, 02:04 PM
SFAVGUY
Racer

Received 477 Likes on 174 Posts

Seems like you have included everything but the kitchen sink. Everyone on RL will have there own opinion but if it were me I would skip the PDDC, and the other thing, do the Agave Green belts match the color of the car? I wouldn't think so but what do I know. For what it's worth I too have a Green 992 with Truffle Brown.

Last edited by SFAVGUY; 09-19-2022 at 02:07 PM.
Old 09-19-2022, 02:11 PM
Lvelidi
Track Day

Ha - I was kind of afraid of that - hard not to excited on the configuration page. I'll check out the Agave belts and see how those look.
Old 09-19-2022, 02:14 PM
balucipher
Pro

Received 643 Likes on 331 Posts

I'd add the 930 Leather Package and remove the Agave belts - I get what you're trying to do here but I don't think it works that well.

When you build a 4S out this much, how much difference is there vs a Carrera 4 GTS built similarly? Might be worth it to spring for the higher trim.
Old 09-19-2022, 02:17 PM
kim9701
Racer

Received 169 Likes on 104 Posts

How about Colored Porsche Crest Wheel Center and Roof Transport Prep?
Old 09-19-2022, 02:33 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,110 Likes on 668 Posts

The RS wheels are cast; both Exclusive and Turbo wheels are forged.
I would also eliminate the Agave belts, as there's enough black bits in the cabin to go with the standard black seatbelts, which eliminates the worry about the greens being mismatched (if that would bother you).
I would not (and did not) pass up the interior trim in Paldao. I also did wood inlays on the seatbacks but they are more obvious in a cab with the top down.
Steering column casing in leather?
I haven't kept up, but the last I heard Matrix lights weren't operational (assuming you're in the US).

Wood trim.

Paldao inlays in seat backs.

The following users liked this post:
balucipher (09-19-2022)
Old 09-19-2022, 02:41 PM
inthesticks
Racer

Received 363 Likes on 128 Posts

With Aventurine Green /Truffle/chalk stitching - the chalk seatbelts look good:

balucipher (09-19-2022)
Old 09-19-2022, 04:11 PM
Lvelidi
Track Day

Fair point - I did get tempted by the GTS - but allocation hell being what they are and me being a first time buyer - figured I'd take my C4S and I did have the chance to test drive both C4S / GTS down in Atlanta for the Porsche drive experience.
balucipher (09-19-2022)
Old 09-19-2022, 04:12 PM
Lvelidi
Track Day

Originally Posted by inthesticks
With Aventurine Green /Truffle/chalk stitching - the chalk seatbelts look good:

ooohhh...!! nice. I'll try to play around with the configuration with these.
Old 09-19-2022, 05:48 PM
redbaron01
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Any more Pics ??
Old 09-19-2022, 09:36 PM
sambrown
Advanced

Received 91 Likes on 29 Posts

You do you, but I'll offer my $0.02 because I'm excited about anyone joining the Aventurine Green club. My delivery date is (tentatively) 12/2, so this excites me!
  • AG + Truffle is the perfect starting canvas, it's the best non-PTS combo on the entire configurator if you ask me. You're off to a good start.
  • Matrix headlights in the US are a waste of money. Because of DOT laws, the individual LED's can't fire independently. There is zero difference between PDLS+ and Matrix in the US other than white pin-striping in the headlight assembly. Highly unlikely they'll be turned "on" when made legal after-the-fact, if ever.
  • Personally, I think AG + Truffle is a bit of a 'heritage' spec and does very well with window trim in silver. Be open minded, watch this
    and tell me I'm wrong.
  • Puddle projectors: don't do it. Within 12 months you'll be putting electrical tape over the projectors to hide them. This isn't a teenagers modded civic.
  • PDCC: Only necessary on top-heavy cars, like a Cayenne or Macan. Some say it benefits a Targa, ok, maybe, but this isn't a Targa.
  • Wheels: Similar vibe to the silver window trim, go for colored Porsche center cap crests. For some reason that $190 punches way above it's weight towards making it look "just right"
  • Belts: Dark belts on a dark interior are effectively imperceptible. Like other's said, not worth it and you'll wonder why you spent the money.
  • I personally don't think rear-axle steering and power steering plus are worth it, many people who think they are driving a car with those options actually aren't. They are peer-pressure options. If you're going to track-it, ok, but if you aren't, you won't notice.
Other things I spec'd worth considering:
  • extended range fuel tank ($230)
  • brake calipers in black ($900) objectively, i think the bright red and extremely heathered effect of AG kind of clash
  • Paldao trim: I can't say enough. if AG + Truffle is the best starting place, Paldao is just the perfect jewelry to tie the outfit together.
  • Smoking package: free pen holder for my desk, take my money
between matrix, pdcc and belts, you just saved $6,500. if you agree on RAS and PS+, you're up to $9k. Get the car, take someone special on an incredible road trip and spend that money on a week's worth of luxury hotels along the way and never look back.

Last edited by sambrown; 09-19-2022 at 09:40 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by sambrown:
balucipher (09-19-2022), Van Larson (09-20-2022)
Old 09-19-2022, 09:42 PM
Lvelidi
Track Day

Originally Posted by sambrown
You do you, but I'll offer my $0.02 because I'm excited about anyone joining the Aventurine Green club. My delivery date is (tentatively) 12/2, so this excites me!
  • AG + Truffle is the perfect starting canvas, it's the best non-PTS combo on the entire configurator if you ask me. You're off to a good start.
  • Matrix headlights in the US are a waste of money. Because of DOT laws, the individual LED's can't fire independently. There is zero difference between PDLS+ and Matrix in the US other than white pin-striping in the headlight assembly. Highly unlikely they'll be turned "on" when made legal after-the-fact, if ever.
  • Personally, I think AG + Truffle is a bit of a 'heritage' spec and does very well with window trim in silver. Be open minded, watch this
    and tell me I'm wrong.
  • Puddle projectors: don't do it. Within 12 months you'll be putting electrical tape over the projectors to hide them. This isn't a teenagers modded civic.
  • PDCC: Only necessary on top-heavy cars, like a Cayenne or Macan. Some say it benefits a Targa, ok, maybe, but this isn't a Targa.
  • Wheels: Similar vibe to the silver window trim, go for colored Porsche center cap crests. For some reason that $190 punches way above it's weight towards making it look "just right"
  • Belts: Dark belts on a dark interior are effectively imperceptible. Like other's said, not worth it and you'll wonder why you spent the money.
  • I personally don't think rear-axle steering and power steering plus are worth it, many people who think they are driving a car with those options actually aren't. They are peer-pressure options. If you're going to track-it, ok, but if you aren't, you won't notice.
Other things I spec'd worth considering:
  • extended range fuel tank ($230)
  • brake calipers in black ($900) objectively, i think the bright red and extremely heathered effect of AG kind of clash
  • Paldao trim: I can't say enough. if AG + Truffle is the best starting place, Paldao is just the perfect jewelry to tie the outfit together.
  • Smoking package: free pen holder for my desk, take my money
between matrix, pdcc and belts, you just saved $6,500. if you agree on RAS and PS+, you're up to $9k. Get the car, take someone special on an incredible road trip and spend that money on a week's worth of luxury hotels along the way and never look back.
Dang -- really good points -- PDCC was only on my list cuz I went down to the Porsche Drive experience and took a 992 C4S around the track, and the they had this PDCC demo bit, where they jerk you around (literally a metal plate jerks you around with/without PDCC and you see the difference) - but yea I'm nowhere near Monza and wont be taking this beaut to the track anytime soon.

Thanks for your input - very helpful -- off to the config for more tweaks.
sambrown (09-19-2022)
Old 09-19-2022, 09:46 PM
balucipher
Pro

Received 643 Likes on 331 Posts

I think AG + Truffle with Chalk Stitching + Chalk seat belts + Paldao trim + seatbacks just moved up high on my own list of potential configs

Might even pair it with the exclusive wheels painted in AG for the full package
sambrown (09-19-2022)
Old 09-19-2022, 10:13 PM
sambrown
Advanced

Received 91 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Lvelidi
Dang -- really good points -- PDCC was only on my list cuz I went down to the Porsche Drive experience and took a 992 C4S around the track, and the they had this PDCC demo bit, where they jerk you around (literally a metal plate jerks you around with/without PDCC and you see the difference) - but yea I'm nowhere near Monza and wont be taking this beaut to the track anytime soon.

Thanks for your input - very helpful -- off to the config for more tweaks.
Now if I can just interest you in something nice with a third pedal... Just kidding, there's no wrong answer, I prefer to row my own gears, but there's no sides - I'm just grateful Porsche offers the option without a premium either way.
Old 09-20-2022, 05:59 AM
thoz
8th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Lvelidi
Ha - I was kind of afraid of that - hard not to excited on the configuration page. I'll check out the Agave belts and see how those look.
I've seen a 992 in your spec - Adventurine / Truffle / contrast stitching / agave belts. It doesn't read like a winning combination but, to my surprise, it looked really good. I thought it was a step up on both chalk and black belts. Good luck!.

Quick Reply: Build Advice - 911 4S - Aventurine Green with Truffle Brown interior