Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Build Advice - 911 4S - Aventurine Green with Truffle Brown interior

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2022, 01:01 AM
GoGooseman
Intermediate

Received 23 Likes on 9 Posts

Nice spec. Mine’s quite similar - with a few deviations. http://www.porsche-code.com/PNVYXHX9
Paladao - I saw it in person with this combination on a TTS and loved it. But totally respect the decision.

Chalk belts - That was my plan as well. I saw the truffle belts in the same TTS and loved that combo even more. Also have heard that there’s some risk of stains on light belts. My Cheetos habit when driving home from the office would be high risk with chalk belts.

High gloss window trim - I saw two Agate Grey 992s at my local dealership, on with regular window trim, one with high gloss. To my eye, the high gloss looked a bit plasticky.

YMMV on the above, but thought I’d share. Overall you have great taste 😉

Mine is supposed to arrive 11/4 - can’t wait. Good luck!
Old 09-23-2022, 10:08 AM
Lvelidi
Track Day

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by GoGooseman
Nice spec. Mine’s quite similar - with a few deviations. http://www.porsche-code.com/PNVYXHX9
Paladao - I saw it in person with this combination on a TTS and loved it. But totally respect the decision.

Chalk belts - That was my plan as well. I saw the truffle belts in the same TTS and loved that combo even more. Also have heard that there’s some risk of stains on light belts. My Cheetos habit when driving home from the office would be high risk with chalk belts.

High gloss window trim - I saw two Agate Grey 992s at my local dealership, on with regular window trim, one with high gloss. To my eye, the high gloss looked a bit plasticky.

YMMV on the above, but thought I’d share. Overall you have great taste 😉

Mine is supposed to arrive 11/4 - can’t wait. Good luck!
Nice - good to know about the High Gloss trim -- excited for your 11/4 arrival - good luck !
Old 09-24-2022, 10:53 AM
Charcharius
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

I have Aventurine/Truffle/Paldao/PDCC/FAL/RAS/Ceramics/Burm, so if you have any further questions or want more photos, just yell!
Old 09-24-2022, 06:30 PM
balucipher
Pro

Received 643 Likes on 331 Posts

Originally Posted by Charcharius
I have Aventurine/Truffle/Paldao/PDCC/FAL/RAS/Ceramics/Burm, so if you have any further questions or want more photos, just yell!
That sounds amazing, post pics
Old 09-25-2022, 05:27 PM
Charcharius
Instructor

Cockpit is a nicely-balanced combo of black and truffle.

I know wood isn’t everyone’s taste, but candidly there isn’t a lot and it isn’t overdone.

The wood is open pore and not glossy at all.

Close up of the dash side.

Paldao on the seat backs is both unnecessary and a nice touch.

Seat-pulls have the contrasting stitch as well.

Chalk belts and stitching breaks up the brown nicely. Truffle is darker than many images appear.

Wood at the key-side.

Aventurine has a nice gold tone to it in some lighting.

The sport design front fascia and side skirts are a nice touch for anyone that doesn’t want the full sized wing at back.

Closer up shot of the chin spoiler.

Another side shot. Apologies for the harsh sun.

Thought I’d throw in a wallpaper shot for ya.
The following 3 users liked this post by Charcharius:
balucipher (09-25-2022), GoGooseman (09-25-2022), txpackers (09-26-2022)
Old 09-25-2022, 05:51 PM
Charcharius
Instructor

Better temperature adjustment on the color.
The following users liked this post:
sambrown (09-26-2022)
Old 09-26-2022, 05:16 PM
DNSGT3
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 63 Posts

I have AG + Truffle but without wood trim. I won't go any other combo. It still looks very nice with the standard trim. To me the wood trim is a bit off versus the rest of the technical cabin.

Having driven two Targa 4S with and without PDCC + RAS, I can feel the difference in body roll (i.e. PDCC) through fast corners; but I can't feel the difference rear-axle steering makes. Just personal experience.
Old 09-27-2022, 12:09 AM
Charcharius
Instructor

Originally Posted by DNSGT3
Having driven two Targa 4S with and without PDCC + RAS, I can feel the difference in body roll (i.e. PDCC) through fast corners; but I can't feel the difference rear-axle steering makes. Just personal experience.
Similar perspective here. PDCC is quite noticeable each time you activate/deactivate it. RAS is always-on, of course, and I really noticed it for the first day or two, but lately I don’t — with the exception being tight maneuvers under say 30 mph. I bet I’d notice it more if RAS could be defeated with a button (though I see no advantage in such flexibility). So, if I could pick one, notwithstanding the packaging that Porsche offers, I’d do PDCC.

Quick Reply: Build Advice - 911 4S - Aventurine Green with Truffle Brown interior