Sponsored by:

HELP! Order locks in 25 days! 2023 992 GTS CAB

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2022, 11:37 PM
Jturner78
Advanced

Received 101 Likes on 32 Posts
Default HELP! Order locks in 25 days! 2023 992 GTS CAB

I've spent HOURS on the configuration site since I got on the list for my GTS last November. I'm 25 days away from order lock I've been back and forth between Shark Blue, Gentian and Guards I'm landed on Shark. . . I think . . . Interior is black with caulk stitching which was Slate gray at one point but I'm back to black. . . Central Tach in White, no color on Chrono? The time consumed is insane now I just want to fast forward until it is LOCKED so I can move on. . .

Build is here: http://www.porsche-code.com/PP6PA834

The following users liked this post:
EZ E (09-03-2022)
Old 09-02-2022, 10:39 AM
Swayze
Instructor

Received 141 Likes on 77 Posts

I think that’s a great looking build, exterior color was my biggest challenge on my 992 Targa GTS. Every time I changed it, then I would rethink the interior. I ultimately ended with Chalk exterior with slate gray seats and chalk deviated stitching. The slate gray seats surprised me in person, they were a beautiful dark gray and I was trying to avoid black as I’ve had it in a ton of cars, but black always looks killer.

Shark Blue looks amazing in real life but draws more attention that I usually go for. I’ve owned zero red cars, so color is super personal.

Only options I got that you didn’t were adaptive cruise control, I know 911s are meant to be driven, but occasionally i95/495 is in between my house and where I want to drive it to, so for me it’s an awesome option. Where I used to live the roads were a lot more open and I would have never used it.

Also bought remote park assist as it came with cross traffic alert which you don’t need but I like it on my other cars. I tried to use the park assist maybe twice in controlled environments, but it cannot park in my garage and it can’t park between lines, so it can only guide itself in between two cars and I’m like I’m never parking my car intentionally next to other cars. So it’s like lighting some money on fire, but I love everything else and it didn’t hurt anything or add weight.

p.s. HOURS on the configurator, seems like you have tons of self control, I feel like I was a lot closer to DAYS before I locked.
Old 09-02-2022, 10:55 AM
Staffie Guy
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,390 Likes on 671 Posts

Add the chrono in white-will add balance with the white tach. Both together are nice accents to the black interior.
The following 2 users liked this post by Staffie Guy:
AlfaQV2019 (09-03-2022), Swayze (09-02-2022)
Old 09-02-2022, 11:22 AM
pacent
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 20 Posts

The deviated stitching that comes with the leather interior (as opposed to the deviated stitching interior option which cost extra) does not come with deviated stitching in the lower door panels, steering wheel, and shift boot among other places. I had orginally ordered the same option as you did, black leather with chauk, but upon looking at it in person, made it look odd with mismatched stitching. I would recommend that you see a car with it in person before committing.
Old 09-02-2022, 08:02 PM
AlterZgo
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,946 Likes on 789 Posts

Shark Blue is always the answer. Great build and congratulations!
Old 09-02-2022, 10:44 PM
Jturner78
Advanced

Originally Posted by Swayze
I think that’s a great looking build, exterior color was my biggest challenge on my 992 Targa GTS. Every time I changed it, then I would rethink the interior. I ultimately ended with Chalk exterior with slate gray seats and chalk deviated stitching. The slate gray seats surprised me in person, they were a beautiful dark gray and I was trying to avoid black as I’ve had it in a ton of cars, but black always looks killer.

Shark Blue looks amazing in real life but draws more attention that I usually go for. I’ve owned zero red cars, so color is super personal.

Only options I got that you didn’t were adaptive cruise control, I know 911s are meant to be driven, but occasionally i95/495 is in between my house and where I want to drive it to, so for me it’s an awesome option. Where I used to live the roads were a lot more open and I would have never used it.

Also bought remote park assist as it came with cross traffic alert which you don’t need but I like it on my other cars. I tried to use the park assist maybe twice in controlled environments, but it cannot park in my garage and it can’t park between lines, so it can only guide itself in between two cars and I’m like I’m never parking my car intentionally next to other cars. So it’s like lighting some money on fire, but I love everything else and it didn’t hurt anything or add weight.

p.s. HOURS on the configurator, seems like you have tons of self control, I feel like I was a lot closer to DAYS before I locked.
Thanks - one build had slate with chalk, one had chalk with deviated slate centers but too concerned about the blue-jean transfer which my SA said a lot of people really f*up the their interior. My OCD won't work on that so back to black. When I had the Gentian blue I had the slate interior and my SA showed it to me in his Cayanne which looked great. My last 911S was the base black leather, I have 2 little kids and it held up well, worried a but about the gray with kids hopping in the back etc.

As for drawing attention - I'm a boring IT guy. . . my cars are only colorful as you can see. . . Also the jeep runs doorless from april to september so I don't mind being on display

Adaptive cruise was never an option I considered. In the 6 years that I owned my 911s it only had 9500 miles on it and only 3 "long trips" from NJ to VT. The rest of the time we drive the SQ5 which I agree for long trips is a must have. The RS5 has it, that was great on a 1200 mile trip but once it was home I don't even think it saw an interstate in the 18 months I owned it.

I had the rear axel steering on one build but I know a guy who is a car tester at road and track he had me remove it as he stated it was not worth it. I trust him when it comes to cars The rest of the build he blessed (well did tell me to go for a more exciting interior but the options are limited)

Same with parking, I bet it uses the same system in the Audi, it cannot park itself (but it is standard in that car)

Yea, I optioned pretty light, I didn't love the CF interior live, GTS with brushed black looked cool, I didn't want the 18 way, (based on my Macan S I had ordered) To me the GTS should be pure buy nature, and fewer bobbles

I'm driving my wife nuts so I had to turn to the experts here

Appreciate the help!

Zakato70 (09-04-2022)
Old 09-02-2022, 10:45 PM
Jturner78
Advanced

Originally Posted by Staffie Guy
Add the chrono in white-will add balance with the white tach. Both together are nice accents to the black interior.
I keep going back and forth both white, no white or the single. . . I don't love the white on the chrono but feel they should be a matched set
Old 09-02-2022, 10:45 PM
Jturner78
Advanced

Originally Posted by AlterZgo
Shark Blue is always the answer. Great build and congratulations!
Thanks!
Old 09-03-2022, 03:47 AM
audi4t
Burning Brakes

Received 827 Likes on 383 Posts

I started with gentian then changed to shark for my cab - locked last week !!!

Shark blue with blue top for me - 9/16 production
Old 09-03-2022, 04:04 AM
Marcha
Instructor

Received 327 Likes on 116 Posts

The quilting on the doors and seats in the 930 leather package adds a lot and is worth the money in my opinion. Look at some Turbo S interiors that have it.
Old 09-03-2022, 04:13 AM
Marcha
Instructor

Received 327 Likes on 116 Posts

but too concerned about the blue-jean transfer which my SA said a lot of people really f*up the their interior”

And it’s not just dye transfer from jeans that will ruin your seats. Jeans are very abrasive. The edges of the back pockets are hard and abrasive. The rivets scratch and exposed hard leather belts are very damaging. In short, extended driving in jeans and belts will totally destroy the bolsters as you rub your *** and back over them getting in and out of the car.

I know as I’ve done it in a 996 Turbo S.
Some just want to enjoy their cars and to hell with wear and tear, which I can 100% identify with also but if you want to keep your seats looking good for years then drive it in softer chinos, trousers etc and avoid denim jeans.
Old 09-03-2022, 06:03 PM
Jturner78
Advanced

Originally Posted by audi4t
I started with gentian then changed to shark for my cab - locked last week !!!

Shark blue with blue top for me - 9/16 production
Awesome . . . congrats! My gut is telling me Shark. . . but with black top
Old 09-03-2022, 06:04 PM
Jturner78
Advanced

Originally Posted by Marcha
but too concerned about the blue-jean transfer which my SA said a lot of people really f*up the their interior”

And it’s not just dye transfer from jeans that will ruin your seats. Jeans are very abrasive. The edges of the back pockets are hard and abrasive. The rivets scratch and exposed hard leather belts are very damaging. In short, extended driving in jeans and belts will totally destroy the bolsters as you rub your *** and back over them getting in and out of the car.

I know as I’ve done it in a 996 Turbo S.
Some just want to enjoy their cars and to hell with wear and tear, which I can 100% identify with also but if you want to keep your seats looking good for years then drive it in softer chinos, trousers etc and avoid denim jeans.
And wrap my kids in plastic hehe
Old 09-03-2022, 07:39 PM
AlfaQV2019
Track Day

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Congrats! GTS Cab drives like a dream. No shortage of power and enough sound/emotion by today’s standards to keep you entertained.

2 exterior options I would spec if I had the chance to do it again would be sport design side skirts and exterior mirror base in exterior color. The side skirts make the car look lower and more premium than the base matte black plastic and mirrors just tie the look together. Also I didn’t get exclusive design fuel cap and it is a let down every time you go to pump gas with the cheap standard gas cap. Think of $160 as less than a 1% gratuity on delivery.

Interior trim in exterior color would pop and look color in shark blue as a no cost option.

One of my favorite options I have is illuminated door sill guards in CF. Doesn’t have to be carbon fiber but the illuminated looks is awesome and feels special everytime you open the door. It’s a lot of light as the model name is quite long ha

cheers
Old 09-03-2022, 07:42 PM
Swayze
Instructor

Received 141 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by AlfaQV2019
Congrats! GTS Cab drives like a dream. No shortage of power and enough sound/emotion by today’s standards to keep you entertained.

2 exterior options I would spec if I had the chance to do it again would be sport design side skirts and exterior mirror base in exterior color. The side skirts make the car look lower and more premium than the base matte black plastic and mirrors just tie the look together. Also I didn’t get exclusive design fuel cap and it is a let down every time you go to pump gas with the cheap standard gas cap. Think of $160 as less than a 1% gratuity on delivery.

Interior trim in exterior color would pop and look color in shark blue as a no cost option.

One of my favorite options I have is illuminated door sill guards in CF. Doesn’t have to be carbon fiber but the illuminated looks is awesome and feels special everytime you open the door. It’s a lot of light as the model name is quite long ha

cheers
It sounds like these guys can turn that frown upside down. Bought my chalk color matching key from them.

https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/skuexccap.html
AlfaQV2019 (09-05-2022)

Quick Reply: HELP! Order locks in 25 days! 2023 992 GTS CAB