Sponsored by:

2022 992 allocation changed to 2023??!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2022, 10:14 AM
Smirnoff67
Pro

Received 463 Likes on 249 Posts

Originally Posted by Bakrbb
Thank you everyone for the reply sadly my country only have one dealer for Porsche and in the contract it says that if I change my mind and I want to cancel I can’t retrieve my deposit which is 30% of the cars price!!! Which is insane and it also says that the dates is approximately I honestly have no idea what to do
I'm sorry there's only one Dealer in your Country. But there's no way I would enter into an agreement like that. There's a reason they have it set up that way, and I can't think of any good ones....but I haven't had coffee yet either. Maybe consider buying a used 911 first before attempting to do business with the Dealership for a new car. If you can find one that is. 30% down without an allocation/delivery date in hand is a way to leave yourself open to being stolen from. I wouldn't do it. Good luck to you.
Old 10-25-2022, 03:26 PM
992Hellcat
AutoX

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bakrbb
Thank you everyone for the reply sadly my country only have one dealer for Porsche and in the contract it says that if I change my mind and I want to cancel I can’t retrieve my deposit which is 30% of the cars price!!! Which is insane and it also says that the dates is approximately I honestly have no idea what to do
Hi, I’m in the same boat, in my country we also have just one dealer and I had to pay 40% down payment for 2022 TTS , that later became 2023 TTS.
I had an allocation for Aug 2022 build, then was contacted by the dealer and was told that Porsche has moved my build to oct 2022 for a 2023 model. furthermore, I was told I had to accept the new 2023 price difference which I did.

I have been informed that the reason we pay 30% to 50% deposit on a new order is to stop car flippers form taking all the allocations just to flip the car with above MSRP to people who really want the car. And it’s working since car flippers don’t want to freeze that much cash for long waiting periods.

So I would hold on to my allocation, I hope this helps.
Old 10-25-2022, 03:48 PM
EZ E
Pro

Received 398 Likes on 194 Posts

I've paid for items and flipped them. That's how dynamic markets function. Placing a deposit is nothing more than holding a position and creating a legal transaction. Flipping cars is very common and Porsche actually tracks your name and blocks you for 5 years once you get a identified as flipper. Happens all the time.
Old 10-26-2022, 01:47 AM
992Hellcat
AutoX

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by EZ E
I've paid for items and flipped them. That's how dynamic markets function. Placing a deposit is nothing more than holding a position and creating a legal transaction. Flipping cars is very common and Porsche actually tracks your name and blocks you for 5 years once you get a identified as flipper. Happens all the time.
Yes, exactly. since we only have one delar if it’s easy access to flippers, people who really won’t the car to use will never get one, specially with such a shortage in supply.

Quick Reply: 2022 992 allocation changed to 2023??!!