Sponsored by:

2022 992 allocation changed to 2023??!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2022, 07:37 PM
ns4w
Advanced

Received 78 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by tonup
FWIW, I had a freeze date 7/15 and a MY22 car that hasn't changed. So far showing a CP8 of 9/9. I did notice that a couple days ago TYD populated the milestones after 9/9 with travel to port, shipping, port entry, and dealer 10/7, of which some had been shown earlier but not as many other intervals. I take that as good news but won't celebrate until it happens...
Me too... 7/15 lock date, 9/9 finish production. Still a '22. This is with Atlanta PEC delivery - Not sure if that influences.
Old 08-05-2022, 08:40 PM
Patrick Pigulski
Advanced

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Same situation
march order
june the vin arrived
7/4 build
7/8 came out of the body shop
7/28 I was told they will start production
8/1 they pushed the build to9/26
I called everyone and their brother
wrf is going on….
finally Porsche said vin # happens when the body and train meet
i was told all the bs about the war supply chain Covid *** aches and it’s all bs
porsche confirmed they are simply behind
theservice level is horrible
Old 08-05-2022, 09:20 PM
pitt911
Rennlist Member

Received 1,037 Likes on 592 Posts

Today I got a confirmation from dealer that cars that were changed from 22 to 23 by Porsche are price protected
Dealer did not get the email but they confirmed through their regional rep when I asked the question
so in all honesty it is great news
23 rather than a late arrival 22 at the same price
probably not a big deal if keeping the car for 10 years , but for someone like myself that switch cars around within a year a model year makes a 10 % difference or resale
Old 08-06-2022, 09:36 PM
d6veteran
Instructor

Received 122 Likes on 48 Posts

Unless you get a new entry in Track Your Dream / myporsche.com then you don't have an allocation or you have a lazy rep. Do not let any dealer keep a deposit if you don't have an allocation entry in My Porsche within a couple days of paying a deposit (and sending them a build).
The following users liked this post:
redbaron01 (08-07-2022)
Old 08-07-2022, 10:59 AM
SharkyGT4
Advanced

Received 80 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by WhyTheName
I am also in the exact same situation and the 9/9 date seems to be a cut-off date of some kind. I have yet to see anyone on here that has a later date and still a MY 22. All of my dates are the same as these two posts and I called PCNA and they confirmed that it would be a MY 22.
I don't know what causes this particular date but I can say that my car is low on Manufaktur options, so maybe that's why??? Also, I think the Emden shipping delay is going to come into play soon and am still optimistic that I will be rolled into a MY 23.
Ditto here with 9/9 completed production and as of now still a ‘22 with $22k in options.
Old 08-07-2022, 11:47 AM
Smirnoff67
Pro

Received 463 Likes on 249 Posts

In the hopes of adding some clarity and/or helping someone, I thought I'd add my experience. To try and make this as short as possible, I'm buying a Carrera 4 GTS. This past June, about 36 hours after talking about it, my SA managed to pull an allocation out of the air somehow (he rocks!) so I jumped on it. I'm still stunned he was able to manage that. He took my deposit on June 22, 2022, and from the very beginning it was for a 2023 MY car, as desired, and is stated as such on all my paperwork and TYD. My build freeze date on TYD is about 30 days away from today, and my delivery date is November 11, 2022. It says that's to the Dealer in Los Angeles, but in actuality the car is being delivered to PEC Atlanta and I'm not close enough to lock in a delivery day yet. Those of you who've taken delivery at PEC Atlanta understand how that works. Anyway, if anyone wants more info, or if I can help someone hit me up. Would be glad to help.

Last edited by Smirnoff67; 08-07-2022 at 11:49 AM.
Old 08-07-2022, 03:22 PM
Vader1287
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts

I am in same boat but with slightly different dates.. feel like I am in no mans land based on all of the info.
Old 08-07-2022, 03:30 PM
theorangesguy
Track Day

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Smirnoff67
In the hopes of adding some clarity and/or helping someone, I thought I'd add my experience. To try and make this as short as possible, I'm buying a Carrera 4 GTS. This past June, about 36 hours after talking about it, my SA managed to pull an allocation out of the air somehow (he rocks!) so I jumped on it. I'm still stunned he was able to manage that. He took my deposit on June 22, 2022, and from the very beginning it was for a 2023 MY car, as desired, and is stated as such on all my paperwork and TYD. My build freeze date on TYD is about 30 days away from today, and my delivery date is November 11, 2022. It says that's to the Dealer in Los Angeles, but in actuality the car is being delivered to PEC Atlanta and I'm not close enough to lock in a delivery day yet. Those of you who've taken delivery at PEC Atlanta understand how that works. Anyway, if anyone wants more info, or if I can help someone hit me up. Would be glad to help.

You’ll get your MY23 before I get my MY22!
Old 08-07-2022, 09:59 PM
chance6
Race Car

Received 1,504 Likes on 964 Posts

Originally Posted by StephenK

Yesterday though things got bizarre. I got an email from Porsche saying that I would no longer be buying a 2022 922 would now be buying a 2023 (at the higher 2023 prices naturally) and that my Nov. 2 European Delivery date had been cancelled with no build or pickup date given. I can't help feeling massively annoyed at both Porsche and the dealership for this "customer service." And I can't wrap my head around the idea that Porsche thinks this is an appropriate way to communicate that they're modifying every aspect of the car purchase agreement including the price.

I don't think it's too much to expect that my sales person should know that this was about to happen and would give me a heads up. But when I informed the sales person about this new development, he claimed ignorance -- which isn't confidence inspiring. He also defended Porsche with the usual excuses -- "Pandemic, Supply Chain" -- all of which is certainly true, but doesn't in my mind justify the crappy customer service.

Steve.
I'm telling you, some of these dealers are flat-out lazy, some of the SA are too, and finding a good one is sometimes tough. When you find a dealer that provides good communication and provides excellent vehicle deliveries with no foul-ups, stick with them...IMO- all others appear expendable.
The following 2 users liked this post by chance6:
EZ E (08-08-2022), Smirnoff67 (10-19-2022)
Old 10-18-2022, 06:03 PM
Bakrbb
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Smirnoff67

hello I am buying the new carrera 4 Gts the dealer ship says it’s the 2023 model and the down payment is 30% of the car price and once I have the down payment I can’t cancel and take back my money and they say if they started building the 2024 model I must pay the difference or cancel and the money I paid for the downpayment goes to them could you please help me
Old 10-18-2022, 06:10 PM
d6veteran
Instructor

Received 122 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Bakrbb
hello I am buying the new carrera 4 Gts the dealer ship says it’s the 2023 model and the down payment is 30% of the car price and once I have the down payment I can’t cancel and take back my money and they say if they started building the 2024 model I must pay the difference or cancel and the money I paid for the downpayment goes to them could you please help me
I am not sure what is going on here.

I am waiting for my second 992 (GTS) and neither of them required a down payment over 5k. 30% seems extreme. Also, it is clear you don't have an actual allocation, which makes paying 30% even more outrageous.

First, you should not give a dealer any money unless you are getting an allocation at the time you put your deposit down - and that means you will see you car in MyPorsche / Track Your Dream.
Second, you need to build a better relationship with your dealer or find a new dealer. Even with how tight allocations are now, the experience you are describing is unacceptable. There are plenty of dealers around the country who will treat you honestly, and with the professionalism you should expect when buying a 6 figure sports car. Never-mind a Porsche.

The following 3 users liked this post by d6veteran:
cota.kitty (10-18-2022), johny221 (10-18-2022), Smirnoff67 (10-19-2022)
Old 10-18-2022, 06:35 PM
Evolution1
Instructor

Received 218 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by d6veteran
I am not sure what is going on here.

I am waiting for my second 992 (GTS) and neither of them required a down payment over 5k. 30% seems extreme. Also, it is clear you don't have an actual allocation, which makes paying 30% even more outrageous.

First, you should not give a dealer any money unless you are getting an allocation at the time you put your deposit down - and that means you will see you car in MyPorsche / Track Your Dream.
Second, you need to build a better relationship with your dealer or find a new dealer. Even with how tight allocations are now, the experience you are describing is unacceptable. There are plenty of dealers around the country who will treat you honestly, and with the professionalism you should expect when buying a 6 figure sports car. Never-mind a Porsche.

Most dealers take a $ 2500 deposit, I’m not sure why they would ask for a 30% non refundable deposit, I would personally move on.
Old 10-18-2022, 06:43 PM
EZ E
Pro

Received 398 Likes on 194 Posts

I was rolled from a 2022 GTS to 2023 GTS back in August. My sales manager found out the day it happened and Porsche informed the dealership I was price protected. Porsche sent me another Welcome email that's how I figured out the change occurred. Call Porsche 800 number and ask the folks there and dig in and ask questions. They'll tell you if you did or didn't have a build. Good luck!
Old 10-18-2022, 06:55 PM
Bakrbb
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you everyone for the reply sadly my country only have one dealer for Porsche and in the contract it says that if I change my mind and I want to cancel I can’t retrieve my deposit which is 30% of the cars price!!! Which is insane and it also says that the dates is approximately I honestly have no idea what to do
Old 10-18-2022, 08:27 PM
EZ E
Pro

Received 398 Likes on 194 Posts

For the record guys people check for the email from Porsche when you build your new 911. It's the Welcome email and is linked to track your dream. If you don't receive one you don't have an allocation.

Quick Reply: 2022 992 allocation changed to 2023??!!