Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rolled in to 2023 GTS!

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2022, 10:31 AM
zhaflo
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

Looks that way - makes sense that I qualify - will get to the bottom of it.
Old 11-17-2022, 10:40 AM
jjw285
Racer

Received 219 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by zhaflo
Looks that way - makes sense that I qualify - will get to the bottom of it.
my car only begins production this week, but keep me posted! very curious to hear how it works out.
Old 11-17-2022, 01:43 PM
zhaflo
Rennlist Member

I am being told that because my car was not in production when the rollover to 2023 took place, I am ineligible for the price protection and that the changeover to 2022 to 2023 in the configurator is irrelevant.

Does anyone have the exact working of bulletin/notice from Porsche about the price protection? If so, please share if you are at liberty to do so.

Also, I am being asked to provide the commission number for any who received the price protection. If anyone has a number and is willing to share - please do.

Thanks in advance for your assistance
Old 11-17-2022, 06:32 PM
EZ E
Pro

Received 398 Likes on 194 Posts

I talked to my sales manager yesterday and wanted the total price minus my steering deduct -$500 and another -$6000 for the rollover price protection. He agreed and told me once my VIN is produced he'll get the build sheet to me with the final sales agreement. He totally agreed that -$6500 sounded right. If it was an issue I wanted my refund because I found 3 lambos in south Florida with my name on them. My build date is tomorrow so the VIN will be sent once it starts. This happens fast! Invoice comes once the car hits the boat. Any issue and I'm buying a Lambo!! I don't foresee any issues, my has been very guy good to deal with!! I'd bet most dealers are trying the hold back money grab.
Old 11-17-2022, 09:21 PM
zhaflo
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the info and support.

Based on the attached Price Protection bulletin from PCNC, my car qualifies for the price protection. The dealership has jerking me around to circumvent applying for the $5,900 credit from Porsche after the sale is completed. It's in the dealership interest to sell the car at the 2023 price point ($142,600) at my expense and not go through the hassle of getting the credit from Porsche.

Will keep you posted on how things turn out.
Attached Images
Old 11-17-2022, 11:01 PM
EZ E
Pro

Received 398 Likes on 194 Posts

BOOM! Proof dealers can be real D-bags!!
Old 11-18-2022, 12:26 PM
jjw285
Racer

Wow, they're totally jerking you around. Idk what options you have in the future, but there is no way I'd do business with them again. I'm sure they are hoping you walk so they can take your car and sell it for MSRP -- all that over 6k.
Old 11-18-2022, 12:36 PM
Drew46
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,652 Likes on 781 Posts

I am being told that because my car was not in production when the rollover to 2023 took place, I am ineligible for the price protection and that the changeover to 2022 to 2023 in the configurator is irrelevant.

Does anyone have the exact working of bulletin/notice from Porsche about the price protection? If so, please share if you are at liberty to do so.

Also, I am being asked to provide the commission number for any who received the price protection. If anyone has a number and is willing to share - please do.

Thanks in advance for your assistance

That doesn't seem to make sense to me. If you were "in production", I would think that means you have a VIN and then remain a '22. I would think that you don't roll to a 23 if you are in production. But what do I know?
Old 11-19-2022, 12:04 AM
zhaflo
Rennlist Member

So, I reached out to the Regional Rep. and received the following response - see bold text below. To sum up, my car isn't eligible for the price protection (extended to customers who have normal allocations and were rolled over to 2023) because it was an ORDER DEMAND - code V070. I was unaware until receiving confirmation earlier today above the pros and cons an order demand. Lesson learned is to be informed on everything the dealership does for you. Ask them to provide the pros and cons of to make an informed decision.

This is a bitter-sweet situation - having to shell out an additional $5,900 coupled with the excitement of picking up the car tomorrow. I will advise if the dealership throws me a bone considering that I was blindsided about the ramifications of ORDER DEMANDS. Hello Zhak, please just keep Jamal and I on the email as Steve is the GM for all our stores and I handle things with Porsche. Also, Porsche has there set policy on Price protection so my Porsche Rep can't do anything in this case.

We have literally 100 order demands for all models of cars that clients are in line for or waiting like you did. In some cases, they have been waiting for two years but they aren't actual cars ordered, they are place holders, so Porsche can't hold prices for a year or two.

The price protection is made so when an order is actually placed and, in the system and it gets moved up a model year because of timing Porsche will protect the price of when the order was actually placed, so like now from a 2022/2023."

Hopefully that explains your question and feel free if you need any further explanation.

I do hope you are excited for your car"
Old 11-19-2022, 12:30 AM
lastsun
Advanced

Received 46 Likes on 20 Posts

So, I reached out to the Regional Rep. and received the following response - see bold text below. To sum up, my car isn't eligible for the price protection (extended to customers who have normal allocations and were rolled over to 2023) because it was an ORDER DEMAND - code V070. I was unaware until receiving confirmation earlier today above the pros and cons an order demand. Lesson learned is to be informed on everything the dealership does for you. Ask them to provide the pros and cons of to make an informed decision.

This is a bitter-sweet situation - having to shell out an additional $5,900 coupled with the excitement of picking up the car tomorrow. I will advise if the dealership throws me a bone considering that I was blindsided about the ramifications of ORDER DEMANDS. Hello Zhak, please just keep Jamal and I on the email as Steve is the GM for all our stores and I handle things with Porsche. Also, Porsche has there set policy on Price protection so my Porsche Rep can't do anything in this case.

We have literally 100 order demands for all models of cars that clients are in line for or waiting like you did. In some cases, they have been waiting for two years but they aren't actual cars ordered, they are place holders, so Porsche can't hold prices for a year or two.

The price protection is made so when an order is actually placed and, in the system and it gets moved up a model year because of timing Porsche will protect the price of when the order was actually placed, so like now from a 2022/2023."

Hopefully that explains your question and feel free if you need any further explanation.

I do hope you are excited for your car"
So in order words, you didn't have an actual allocation for a 2022 model year in June when you "placed" an order. This is why you should always ask for a commission number when you submit your order because no commission number = no allocation.

This also makes sense because all the cars that were from 2022 and rolled over to 2023 MY are just starting to be built now (mine is price protected and started production yesterday). Your car was built way earlier since you are already taking delivery of the car which is in line with my expectation that yours weren't 2022 rolled over to 2023 for price protection.

I know it sucks but I wouldn't say it's the dealership's fault either. It seems like a miscommunication. I hope you enjoy your car and congrats!

Last edited by lastsun; 11-19-2022 at 12:32 AM.
Old 11-19-2022, 12:49 AM
zhaflo
Rennlist Member

You are spot on about not having an allocation in June 2022 and about securing a commission number which I was unaware of until the other day.

My journey with the dealership started Nov 2021 with an order demand for a C4 GTS. I advised by the dealership that it was easier to get an allocation for C2 GTS. Operative word "allocation". As a result, I changed my build to a C2 GTS thinking that I had a June 2022 allocation. It turned out to be an order demand for a 2023 C2 GTS that I was unaware of until digging into the price protection stuff.
The following users liked this post:
lastsun (11-19-2022)
Old 11-19-2022, 01:35 AM
jjw285
Racer

You are spot on about not having an allocation in June 2022 and about securing a commission number which I was unaware of until the other day.

My journey with the dealership started Nov 2021 with an order demand for a C4 GTS. I advised by the dealership that it was easier to get an allocation for C2 GTS. Operative word "allocation". As a result, I changed my build to a C2 GTS thinking that I had a June 2022 allocation. It turned out to be an order demand for a 2023 C2 GTS that I was unaware of until digging into the price protection stuff.

if that’s the case, then it was poor communication by the dealership. Perhaps it’s not owed to you, but I still wouldn’t go back there if you have any other local options.

Old 11-22-2022, 09:20 PM
zhaflo
Rennlist Member

Absolutely correct about poor communication So, I took delivery of the car. The dealership threw me a few bones. Here are pics of the car.
1. 2nd of service at 2years 20,000 miles - no charge
2. Reduced vehicle registration fee
3. A couple key rings
4. Hot/cold container

The following 6 users liked this post by zhaflo:
El Edmundo (12-19-2022), EZ E (11-23-2022), Gr33n (12-20-2022), johny221 (11-22-2022), lastsun (11-22-2022), ZacapaXO (11-22-2022) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 11-22-2022, 09:22 PM
lastsun
Advanced

Received 46 Likes on 20 Posts

Beautiful spec congratulations!
Old 11-22-2022, 09:23 PM
zhaflo
Rennlist Member

Thanks

Quick Reply: Rolled in to 2023 GTS!