Sponsored by:

GTS Spec questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2022, 08:51 AM
protamine
Rennlist Member

Received 263 Likes on 111 Posts
Default GTS Spec questions

I'm now #2 on the list at my dealer for a GTS. Obviously have a bit of time to finalize but after hearing delays from minor tweaks I'm just trying to get it ironed out.

PPVD92M5
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPVD92M5

Is my current. I was hoping to stay around 170, so an extra 1700 really isn't the end of the world, but don't want it up in the 175+ range. Its funny, my 2017 GTS was a 168k sticker and had EVERYTHING. Now a 168 is just a moderate build

Must haves:
Carmine red
930 package/18 ways
RAS
FAL

My big questions (more since I haven't seen these particular things on a GTS). My old GTS was a GTS interior which I loved but this time I think I want full leather/vented seats etc. But I do like some of the GTS touches.

1. I'd like to add a bit of Alcantara. Appears the steering wheel already is so I'd leave that. Can add the glove box lid for $270. Do I need the matching headliner? anything else to add (seat belt trims). Just don't want it to look out of place. Easy enough to just scrap the race tex altogether and do leather everywhere.
2. with a Carmine Red exterior I cant get CR seat belts unless GTS package which I don't want. Should I go bordeaux red or guards for the belts? I'm also ok with Chalk but a bit of color would be good. If the reds clash I'll go chalk.
3. gloss black exterior trim vs the sport design - Ive seen pics of both, but does the gloss black change the wheels as well or is that just a configurator thing

missing anything big on this? I could also get rid of the illuminated sills. my last car had the illuminated CF and they looked awesome.

Thanks
Old 07-09-2022, 09:12 AM
shrimp money
Race Car

Received 5,062 Likes on 2,030 Posts

You forgot the Extended Range fuel tank, and Preparation for Roof Transport ($60)
Old 07-09-2022, 09:14 AM
brainzito
Racer

Received 342 Likes on 118 Posts

Nice spec.
Why must haves?
Depending on where you live, FAL is a waste of $.
If you're not planning to track the car, save your $ and remove RAS

That alone "saves" you quite a lot.
Race tex headliner is very nice, wouldn't do glove box or seat belt trim.
Bordeaux red better matches CR, in my opinion.
Gloss exterior trim pack includes wheels in high gloss black. Looks sick on a CR car.
Old 07-09-2022, 09:20 AM
shrimp money
Race Car

Received 5,062 Likes on 2,030 Posts

To address #3, the gloss black trim (normally matte black trim) option DOES make the wheels glossy as well. Personally, not a fan of the look, but some people like it.

The Race-tex seatbelt outlets are a waste of money for $550. I did Race-tex roofliner and sunvisors, and I've honestly never even touched the sunvisors, nor ever looked at my seatbelt outlet trims in the month I've had the car. Same with the glovebox, I've noticed it in Race-tex in photos, and as of right now, I still couldn't tell you if mine is in race-tex or not. I think it looks cool in RT, and probably would have selected it had I not thought it was in RT by default.
Old 07-09-2022, 09:29 AM
gthal
Pro

Received 537 Likes on 203 Posts

I actually have the GTS interior but opted for a leather steering wheel. I found on my GT4, the alcantara steering wheel took a beating and required a lot of work (much more than leather) to maintain so I decided on leather for the high touch points. The seats in alcantara (racetex) were no issue so that works well with the GTS interior. I think the centre console lid and roofliner in racetex is a nice touch.

The gloss black exterior pieces are personal preference. I really like the look of gloss black but it ages very quickly... you will see every swirl and scratch on the front lip and wheels. After my last gloss black trimmed car, I now prefer a satin black... not for looks but for ability to keep looking new longer. Both options look good, IMO, but the satin is easier to live with in my experience.

I love the CR exterior but, if it were me, I would not match it with a different red accent inside. They are different enough that it would annoy me... but if I had to choose between torch and bordeaux, probably bordeaux. I'd probably opt for chalk seat belts and also black brake calipers with a CR exterior but it's entirely personal preference.

Like you, I debated options FOREVER trying to stay within a build price. Ultimately, I decided that if I really wanted something I would just get it. The car is enough money already that an extra $1, $2 or $8K is more of a rounding error as sad as that is to say
The following 2 users liked this post by gthal:
EXFIB (07-09-2022), jtsrenn (07-09-2022)
Old 07-09-2022, 09:56 AM
Staffie Guy
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,390 Likes on 671 Posts

I would really think twice about not upgrading the radio to Bose. A crap system in a 170K car makes no sense even if you are not into music.
The following 2 users liked this post by Staffie Guy:
911Stiller (07-09-2022), Yojeffo (07-09-2022)
Old 07-09-2022, 10:13 AM
EZ E
Pro

Received 398 Likes on 194 Posts

I've driven cars with and without rear wheel steer, If you were going to track the car then leave if it, otherwise kick it!! I'd kick it and spend money on say a glass sunroof. My last GTS I hated the statin look on my car and went high gloss black. I've already ordered the DB carbon so I can replace the garbage plastic on the exterior of the car. Good luck with the build nightmare. Oh ya! GET RID OF THE ALCANTRARA center console!!! Dealer will tell you not to do that!!

Last edited by EZ E; 07-09-2022 at 10:17 AM.
Old 07-09-2022, 12:00 PM
Cokerrat
Advanced

Received 49 Likes on 29 Posts

Looks beautiful. You’re spending $6k on interior leather and colored tach/clock/seatbelt options plus $1.5k for the 930 leather package plus a couple cosmetics (crest on headrests). For a mere adder of $930 you can get the GTS interior package which gives you your red or chalk seatbelts, stitching, dials, etc in a very attractive overall arrangement — if the racetex seat centres and absence of 930 detailing aren’t a dealbreaker for you.

From the above comment: you have the premium package so you do have the Bose upgraded stereo.

Old 07-09-2022, 12:11 PM
Staffie Guy
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,390 Likes on 671 Posts

Originally Posted by Cokerrat
Looks beautiful. You’re spending $6k on interior leather and colored tach/clock/seatbelt options plus $1.5k for the 930 leather package plus a couple cosmetics (crest on headrests). For a mere adder of $930 you can get the GTS interior package which gives you your red or chalk seatbelts, stitching, dials, etc in a very attractive overall arrangement — if the racetex seat centres and absence of 930 detailing aren’t a dealbreaker for you.

From the above comment: you have the premium package so you do have the Bose upgraded stereo.

I stand corrected.
Old 07-09-2022, 12:45 PM
lifelong_fan
Intermediate

Received 48 Likes on 16 Posts

Plus 1 on black brake calipers with CR—would consider that a must have and plus one on FAL delete unless you KNOW you need it…
Old 07-09-2022, 01:13 PM
protamine
Rennlist Member

Received 263 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by Cokerrat

last one had GTS interior, it was great. But I want ventilated seats and the 930 this time. Even w 11k on my last one it needed an alcantara rejuvenation.

Originally Posted by lifelong_fan
Plus 1 on black brake calipers with CR—would consider that a must have and plus one on FAL delete unless you KNOW you need it…
black calipers are on.

thanks for the input. I’ll probably ditch the race Tex stuff and make a decision down the line about the steering wheel.

I rarely used the frunk so the bigger tank seems like nothing major to me.

Old 07-09-2022, 07:52 PM
ENCT
Rennlist Member

Received 359 Likes on 185 Posts

Passenger cup holder cover in leather is a must with the leather interior. If not selected it is plastic in a sea of leather.

Last edited by ENCT; 07-09-2022 at 07:53 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Yojeffo (07-09-2022)
Old 07-09-2022, 10:15 PM
911Stiller
Rennlist Member

Received 149 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Staffie Guy
I would really think twice about not upgrading the radio to Bose. A crap system in a 170K car makes no sense even if you are not into music.
+1 on the Bose. Well worth the $1600.
Old 07-09-2022, 10:44 PM
alexbpm
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

I will be definitely be specing mine with Leather steering wheel for the reasons mentioned above, as well as 18 way seats. Tried the 4 and 14 way seats in a Carrera S, didn't care for them. Then test drove a 22 GTS with 18-way seats, they were perfect.
Old 07-09-2022, 11:33 PM
shrx
AutoX

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

FAL is nice as I scrape the front in many gas stations without it. If you are traveling you may not have the choice of the gas station with the flat entrance or the space to angle into the lot. The GTS is a little lower than a CS so will scrape a little more often.

I also mostly agree with the comments about RAS but it does also make for a tighter radius in tight parking spaces or doing a U-turn on a residential street. You can feel it a bit on tight corners in windy roads.

I have both on my 992 GTS. If I had to pick only one of those I would go with FAL as it gets used more often.
The following users liked this post:
EXFIB (07-10-2022)

Quick Reply: GTS Spec questions