Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GTS Spec questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2022, 11:25 AM
icanthelpit
Burning Brakes

Received 876 Likes on 416 Posts

I wouldn’t listen to those who are against FAL, I use it every time I drive the car.

I don’t find any value in RAS for sane public road use. A big downside of RAS is the lithium battery which has been reported on here as problematic, very expensive to replace and in short supply.

Extended range fuel tank is a good choice.

I have full leather and and optioned the heated Racetek wheel and I’m happy I did. Racetek headliner seems a waste to me since, really how much time does one spend looking at it.

Not a fan of gloss black trim here particularly on the GTS.

I didn’t choose a sunroof either since in all of my vehicles I have rarely used them and I think Porsche’s design of the exterior oversized cookie sheet is butt ugly on an otherwise beautiful looking car. This is my first 911 without a sunroof. If the sunroof would retract into the top I would be a buyer.

930 interior package =

Last edited by icanthelpit; 07-10-2022 at 11:32 AM.
Old 07-10-2022, 11:33 AM
dhirm5
Rennlist Member

Received 1,455 Likes on 799 Posts

Originally Posted by icanthelpit
I wouldn’t listen to those who are against FAL, I use it every time I drive the car.
Really - every time? Is it because you park the car somewhere with requires traversing an unusual slope or bump? Or you use it out of an abundance of caution?

I don't have it and only rub on rare occasions.

The lithium ion battery issues are overdone; amplified with the way too long thread here a few months back. The vast majority of us with that battery will never think twice about it during lifetime of their ownership. Yes, it's expensive to replace if you keep the car long enough to need a new battery.
Old 07-10-2022, 12:02 PM
icanthelpit
Burning Brakes

Received 876 Likes on 416 Posts

[QUOTE=dhirm5;18241087]Really - every time? Is it because you park the car somewhere with requires traversing an unusual slope or bump? [[QUOTE]

Yes sir to both except I would not say unusual. More like severe driveway angle. We have hills and mountains where I live.

Last edited by icanthelpit; 07-10-2022 at 12:45 PM.
Old 07-10-2022, 02:18 PM
protamine
Rennlist Member

Received 263 Likes on 111 Posts

My drive has an odd angle. My wife will drive the car as well. My M2 comp can scrape in certain situations. FAL will be on it.

this car is an excellent example of what id like to accomplishhttps://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/8...aff=share_text
Old 07-11-2022, 08:49 AM
doug_999
Rennlist Member

Received 838 Likes on 429 Posts

I noticed you are/were a former 911 owner, so unlike others, I assume you need the FAL (and you have mentioned so).

1. I've heard you don't want chalk seat belts - they get dirty.
2. I've never actually seen my steering column, so even if I had gotten it with leather, I don't think I would have noticed it (in case you were interested in saving money)
3. While I have RAS, since I don't track the car, my primary reason for having it is to do parking lot tricks - the turning radius is just magical. That does mean you will be getting a LiPo battery, so be aware of that if you are trickle charging.(not sure if I got the case of LiPO right )
The following users liked this post:
EXFIB (07-11-2022)
Old 07-11-2022, 10:13 AM
jtsrenn
Rennlist Member

Received 114 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by doug_999
I noticed you are/were a former 911 owner, so unlike others, I assume you need the FAL (and you have mentioned so).

1. I've heard you don't want chalk seat belts - they get dirty.
2. I've never actually seen my steering column, so even if I had gotten it with leather, I don't think I would have noticed it (in case you were interested in saving money)
3. While I have RAS, since I don't track the car, my primary reason for having it is to do parking lot tricks - the turning radius is just magical. That does mean you will be getting a LiPo battery, so be aware of that if you are trickle charging.(not sure if I got the case of LiPO right )
Re:
#2: My 2006 Cayman S had the standard steering column, everytime l cleaned the interior the cheap plastic stood out, I got the the leather on the next three cars. But, as noted above I only really notice when cleaning.
#3: Ditto on the RAS and,parking lot manouvers.
The following users liked this post:
EXFIB (07-11-2022)
Old 07-11-2022, 10:36 AM
jrnottarts
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 24 Posts

Gloss black trim is a major pain to keep clean and looking good. Just my experience.

Quick Reply: GTS Spec questions