DB Carbon Back Order

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2022, 07:12 PM
jtsrenn
Rennlist Member

Received 114 Likes on 68 Posts
Default DB Carbon Back Order

All,

Based on the positive feedback I saw here in Rennlist and Planet-9 I ordered the center console carbon fiber trim for my manual 992 GTS today. After a while I got an email saying my order was being processed. Immediately after THAT email I received this email:

"Thanks very much for placing your order! How are you doing?

We´re actually overloaded with orders, with an pretty long waiting list and stock is sold out... so please excuse, but to stay fair against all customers we´ve to shedule and start all new orders after the date of order. That´s why we had to close our next 2 production runs yet and can manufacture your order first in our following one. Means we´ll be able to go ahead and manufacture your 992´s center console package in our next possible production run we start in the end of July and have shedulded to finish & ship till latest the 9th of September.

That´s ok with you on timing for this project? We ever prefer to promise only what we can really hold in the end and realize with our 12 guys team over here...

Immediately after your shipment went out you´ll receive all DHL Express tracking details and can expect the arrival within 1-3 business days in the US.

If you´re ok with, kindly please let us know which version you´ll need for the rear section at the 3 piece upper console cover set."

I would have much preferred they had told me there was a 3 month back order before I decided whether to pull the trigger or not. I have asked them to refund my money and I'll order again when they're back to capacity.

This isn't a slam against the company - I've only seen positive feedback here and I know they're a small operation. But if you're getting ready to order something from them you way want to check if they have it in stock first.
Old 07-03-2022, 07:50 PM
Tyrell's Prodigy
Instructor

Received 123 Likes on 40 Posts

These guys make superb stuff and are a small outfit.
Take a chill pill and wait for their stuff to arrive, it's worth a small wait.

I also guarantee their delivery times will not improve. They said the same to me last November when I placed my order and it duly arrived first week of February. Cancelling and waiting for them to be "back to capacity" isn't going to change your situation for the better.

Or you can go knee jerk, cancel their order and end up ordering something that's in stock elsewhere but end up with some crappy stuff on your car. There's a reason why they're popular.

After all, none of us have waited for our new Porsches to arrive right?
The following 2 users liked this post by Tyrell's Prodigy:
Scott P (07-05-2022), Yojeffo (07-03-2022)
Old 07-03-2022, 08:30 PM
Tobeit
Rennlist Member

Received 1,462 Likes on 728 Posts

Yeah, no big deal to have to wait. But to the OP's defense, it would not hurt to simply label items not in stock and on backorder or made to order as such on the web page. Easy thing to do. And that long winded e-mail saying a simple thing is something special.
Old 07-03-2022, 08:47 PM
jtsrenn
Rennlist Member

Received 114 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Tobeit
Yeah, no big deal to have to wait. But to the OP's defense, it would not hurt to simply label items not in stock and on backorder or made to order as such on the web page. Easy thing to do. And that long winded e-mail saying a simple thing is something special.
Thanks, yeah, exactly - I thought i made it clear in my post i didn't think the wait was a big deal, it was waiting until I after i placed my order to tell me the stuff was out of stock when they already had that info. I don't begrudge the company's resource issues at all.
Old 07-03-2022, 09:37 PM
jhenson29
Rennlist Member

Received 1,192 Likes on 481 Posts

It makes no sense to cancel the existing order if you just plan to reorder again later when they’re “in stock”…which may or may not ever happen if they just continue to fill back-orders…which won’t include you because you canceled the order.

Old 07-05-2022, 06:52 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 808 Likes on 446 Posts

Good shop and pretty honest with you and all customers...They are small and do great work but in certain production runs which probably makes sense for them in terms of keeping costs within reason and quality high. I've received great stuff from them as have other members so my advice would be to keep your order and hold onto it. It will get done when it gets done...supply issues and other concerns are the norm now and nothing comes quickly anymore in these times it seems. Good luck.
The following users liked this post:
Yojeffo (07-05-2022)
Old 07-05-2022, 08:54 AM
brianja
Rennlist Member

Received 690 Likes on 268 Posts

I got this exact same message from them when I placed an order for some CF trim parts in July of '21. I wasn't in a hurry as I didn't have my car yet, so I let the order stand. The parts shipped pretty much exactly as per the schedule outlined in the email after the order and were top-notch. No complaints here.
Old 07-05-2022, 09:16 AM
dogfish
Track Day

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Get in line

I got in line for a 911, and that was without anything resembling a firm timeframe for delivery. Yesterday I got in line for the DB Carbon parts to finish off the center console, and received Daniel's email explaining their inventory and production situation, with a firm expectation for shipping the pieces to me. No, the delay wasn't posted on the website, but no harm/no foul here. I could have easily opted out, rather than in. I am actually pretty grateful that I can afford to have such problems as these. Oh, and my C2GTS cab looks like its on the RoRo now, and could actually be in my hot little hands inside of 3 weeks.
Old 07-05-2022, 09:43 AM
Jimmy-D
Race Director

Received 1,451 Likes on 755 Posts

I would not cancel. Just be patient.

I have these parts and they make a huge difference. These can not be too easy to make when you see how thin these parts are. Pretty incredible actually.
The following users liked this post:
Tobeit (07-05-2022)
Old 07-05-2022, 11:31 AM
TN_3
Pro

Received 271 Likes on 164 Posts

Thanks for this post...I went ahead and placed the order for the center console trim even though my vehicle isn't scheduled to be delivered until late Sept (or later with all of these delays). Sounds like timing should work out.

Quick Reply: DB Carbon Back Order