Sponsored by:

Thoughts On My Build?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2022, 04:17 PM
famous shoes
Rennlist Member

Received 45 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Thoughts On My Build?

My code is : https://cc.porsche.com/icc/ccCall.do...bcode=PNBP9B60. My change freeze date will come up in a few days and although I've given my configuration a good bit of thought, I'm going through things one last time.

This will be my sixth 911; all water-cooled and all custom builds. This car, like all of my prior 911s, will be a daily driver. I currently drive a 2017 991.2 C2S which I have thoroughly enjoyed. I requested an allocation from my local dealer last May and was second on the list for a 2022 C2S at that time. I knew that I wanted PTS for this car and an allocation came through on February 2. My SA worked with our regional PCNA rep to secure a PTS slot for the build. I got in just before they stopped PTS for MY 2022 in mid February. My production is scheduled to begin July 8 and finish on July 22. Arrival is scheduled for September 2.

This is my first PTS, and I decided on Irish Green. I love this color, obviously, or I wouldn't be paying over 11K for it. I also like that it is very much a classic Porsche color dating back to the 1960s and was chosen by P for the one-millionth 911. I also wanted a non-metallic green, since all of my prior cars have had a metallic color. I've looked at a lot of pictures of Irish Green but I've never seen it in person, so hopefully I'll be pleased when it arrives. My current car is jet black metallic and I've not been thrilled with black. Its too difficult to maintain and I'm just not much of a fan of black in general. I chose black more to go with the espresso/cognac interior than for the black itself.

A few other comments on my selections:
  • I wanted a supple, high-end leather, hence my choice of the truffle brown club leather and the steering column casing and extended dashboard in leather. To me, these extra bits really pop with deviated stitching. I have both on my current car and have really enjoyed them. The brown and green should also go well together.
  • Some might ask about premium package or seat ventilation. I hate the extreme number of perforations in the leather that are necessary for seat ventilation, and I've never felt a need for ventilated seats, even in south Texas. To me the Porsche AC does the job just fine.
  • I like the look of the 930 leather package, particularly with the 18-way seats. I've never had 18-way seats before, but I thought I would try them in this car.
  • RAS is always a source of discussion on the boards. Again, I have this on my current car and have enjoyed it. Definitely helps me easily turn into my garage everyday and I do think it makes the car feel smaller.
  • Sport package seemed like a no-brainer although I've never had sport PASM. I am a little concerned about the lower ride height, but I thought I'd give it a try. I'm not too concerned about ride comfort since I've driven sports cars for over 30 years and I'm used to a rather stiff ride.

Any thoughts?

Last edited by famous shoes; 06-04-2022 at 04:20 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Gigio (08-27-2022)
Old 06-04-2022, 04:25 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,164 Likes on 2,165 Posts

Great build and congrats. I was going to ask about seat ventilation, but you answered that in your post. I didn't have an issue with scraping in a previous 997 with SPASM and I assume you'll be fine with it.

You can also read plenty of positive reviews about SPASM here: https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1242...-vs-spasm.html
Old 06-04-2022, 04:28 PM
M3Inline6
Drifting

Received 1,948 Likes on 1,038 Posts

Nice build. I am glad you chose to have the exterior mirror trim and base painted in the exterior color. It just looks so much more finished with that option. The interior leather options you chose along with the Race-Tex headliner was a good choice as well. The only thing I would probably pass on is the upgraded headlights.
Old 06-04-2022, 06:14 PM
Taxjoc
Advanced

Received 32 Likes on 17 Posts

I have struggled with RAS. I want it but I don't want the potential headaches that come with the lithium battery. Give that some thought. Otherwise, your build is great, particularly with the PTS.
Old 06-04-2022, 06:20 PM
famous shoes
Rennlist Member

Thanks very much for the replies.

I think I will like SPASM. Should provide a sportier drive.

Agree regarding the base of the rearview mirrors. I've never liked the black base. On the 991.2 I believe if you chose the sport package it changed the rearview mirror to a solid color and a different design. Definitely with the PTS I much prefer the mirror in a solid color.

My headlights are just the PDLS plus. I did not opt for the matrix design.

Some nice examples of truffle brown with chalk stitching in this thread. Post number 48 shows truffle with the complete deviated stitching package along with steering column casing and extended dashboard trim in leather.

https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1208...regrets-4.html
Old 06-04-2022, 07:26 PM
Dudewithout992
Instructor

Received 179 Likes on 89 Posts

Opt out of getting a steering column if possible. It will save you alotta grief.
shrimp money (06-04-2022)
Old 06-04-2022, 11:27 PM
shrimp money
Race Car

Received 5,292 Likes on 2,111 Posts

I just clicked on it, and it said the no sunroof option, isn’t an option anymore.
Old 06-04-2022, 11:41 PM
siberian
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,348 Likes on 1,393 Posts

Originally Posted by famous shoes
Thanks very much for the replies.

I think I will like SPASM. Should provide a sportier drive.

Agree regarding the base of the rearview mirrors. I've never liked the black base. On the 991.2 I believe if you chose the sport package it changed the rearview mirror to a solid color and a different design. Definitely with the PTS I much prefer the mirror in a solid color.

My headlights are just the PDLS plus. I did not opt for the matrix design.

Some nice examples of truffle brown with chalk stitching in this thread. Post number 48 shows truffle with the complete deviated stitching package along with steering column casing and extended dashboard trim in leather.

https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1208...regrets-4.html
If you have driveway issues SPASM will be tricky do add FAL then

Solid color mirrors are (on my 2021 C4S) a $660 dollar option : Exterior Mirrors in Exterior Color and High Gloss Black (base)

Also consider modifying (via PIWIS) to Power Steering Plus (don't pay for it) - more direct driving feeling and makes parking easier

RAS coupled with FAL, PSE, PDCC and PS+ is the ultimate - IMHO of course.

Truffles I like on my plate...

And of course get PIWIS if you intend to do any mods/work on your car.

GL, enjoy

siberian

Last edited by siberian; 06-04-2022 at 11:43 PM.
Old 06-05-2022, 12:11 AM
othertbone
Pro

Received 322 Likes on 211 Posts

This looks sweet brother
Old 06-05-2022, 06:10 PM
famous shoes
Rennlist Member

Not sure what kind of problems, other than cost, could arise from the steering column casing in leather. As I said above, I have it on my current car and really like it, but it needs deviated stitching to be more noticeable. Interestingly, when my 991.2 first arrived the steering column casing leather did not have deviated stitching despite discussing this with the SA beforehand. I was upset. Sales manager ordered the correct leather bit on a spec car and changed mine out, which I really appreciated.

Regarding RAS, I've had it on my current car for over 5 1/2 years and have had no problems with the lithium battery. The added functionality is worth the risk for me. Now having said that, the battery will probably go out tomorrow.

I don't know why the link for my build brings up an error for ornamental crest and no sunroof. I asked my SA about it yesterday and he claims the build is correct with no sunroof and obviously the ornamental crest will be present. Seems like more technical glitches from Porsche.
Old 06-05-2022, 08:38 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 293 Likes on 148 Posts

NIce build...I was going down the same road on interior....also I did not want seat vent, as the seats sit more stiff. Just tinted the windows 50% all around and no issues. Also Olea leather was a must have for me, as it feels so much nicer....then I realized heritage interior (black for me) came with all of teh leather options I had picked and OLEA leather....it ends up being close in price and is absolutely stunning in person

As far as wheels, I have exclusive too (and a PTS car)....the exclusive wheels in satin platinum really look good (my SA pushed me to pick them). In my opinion it really sets off the wheel with a matte finish

Either way awesome car

Oh and add burmeister, its worth every penny
famous shoes (06-05-2022)
Old 06-05-2022, 08:45 PM
ENCT
Rennlist Member

Received 369 Likes on 191 Posts

I got the roof lining in racetex, also the sun visors and seat belt trim. Everything looks finished. Also my SA recommended the leather wrapped passenger cup holder which should be standard with the upgraded leather package. It is right in with the leather, if you don't select the option it is plastic.
Just my thoughts
Old 06-05-2022, 09:01 PM
Izzone
Nordschleife Master

Received 293 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by ENCT
I got the roof lining in racetex, also the sun visors and seat belt trim. Everything looks finished. Also my SA recommended the leather wrapped passenger cup holder which should be standard with the upgraded leather package. It is right in with the leather, if you don't select the option it is plastic.
Just my thoughts
I got the leather covered cup holder....no idea why that is not standard in full leather LOL
Old 06-05-2022, 09:12 PM
Richard_Wallace
Rennlist Member

Received 1,729 Likes on 769 Posts

I think you have a great build! RAS is excellent, and you will not have an issue with the LiPo battery, I am on my 2nd 992 and no issues.

Well done on the build - lock and go!
Old 06-05-2022, 09:17 PM
famous shoes
Rennlist Member

Izzone, thanks very much for the comments.

I've seen your pictures from your delivery day and your car looks great! Your wheels look very different from the pictures of satin platinum in the configurator, in a good way. The difference from standard exclusive wheels to satin platinum seems fairly subtle. I struggle without being able to see them in a side by side comparison. Could you describe the difference?

Thanks again for your thoughts and suggestions.

Quick Reply: Thoughts On My Build?