Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone Move from 992 S to GTS ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2022, 05:27 PM
shrimp money
Race Car

Received 5,062 Likes on 2,030 Posts

It's a shame we can't get an S and GTS together at a drag strip together, ever.

All we have to go off of are random measurements we find on the internet.
Old 06-02-2022, 05:42 PM
CodyBigdog
Race Car

Received 2,228 Likes on 1,262 Posts

Originally Posted by shrimp money

If you have a dragy, and/ or are signed up, you can see “CERTIFIED” posted times for all makes and models of automobiles…not just Porsche.

Having certified and repeated my 0-60 and 1/8 mile times for my stock, 2CS I know what times I can achieve from a launch, with very good accuracy and consistency…and that’s on the street (ie, not a prepped/drag surface). As an example, if I use the standard 1ft rollout deduction, my 0-60mph times are consistently between 3.0-3.03 sec….I use the 1 ft rollout deduction in order to be able to compare what’s published (industry standard). My 3.0 sec is 0.1sec off the best 0-60mp time published for the stock 2CS at 2.9 sec and 2.8 sec for the 4CS. So, I’m pretty satisfied that the published numbers are pretty close to my real life experience. Eventually, I will get the M-Engineering boost to see what else it can do at the higher speeds…but for that, it will have to be at a drag strip, with a longer run and prepped surface.

Last edited by CodyBigdog; 06-02-2022 at 05:44 PM.
The following users liked this post:
FlyingFinn911 (06-02-2022)
Old 06-02-2022, 06:54 PM
vic55
Racer

Received 757 Likes on 143 Posts

Im sure my good buddy Mat at CarWow will put something together soon
Old 06-02-2022, 09:06 PM
Johnauto
Racer

Received 88 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by CodyBigdog
I assume that many (not all) Porsche buyers get exactly what they, and their significant other, wants….especially if I believe the data/info on the income/wealth demographics of the median Porsche buyer….ie, so, a shortage of money is not the problem for many Porsche buyers. It’s more a question of priorities. Oh, and if “image” was my thing…I would not have gotten a Porsche. Plenty of other marques with more cache in the publics eye.

Personally, since I will rarely track or even approach the limits of my 992 S on the street, anything more would NOT be appreciated by this driver (although I do plan to do a power bump, because it is a cost effective “option”, once I am convinced it will translate into the improved performance metrics I want). I would rather put my money on other bling, such as a vacation home, boat, plane, trips,,,and in my case, I also have a growing list of charities I contribute to, as well as helping out my kids with buying their first homes.

Point being - for some, there are other “things” and/ or philanthropy that we would rather allocate money towards…than buying the “top of the line” Porsche.
What charities do you donate to Cody? Are they required to call you Big Dog?
Hoodini (06-29-2022)
Old 06-29-2022, 01:10 AM
racebannon
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

The reality is, everyone that has a base Carrera, S, or GTS, simply can’t afford a Turbo S, and we say everything we can to justify the one we ended up with.
Until the Turbo/Turbo S are available in a manual, there are DROVES of current/future 911 owners that simply will not entertain the idea of purchasing a Turbo/S.
If I am out of turn speaking for other people, my apologies.
Don't get me wrong, the Turbo cars are absolute marvels of engineering...not saying the above to denigrate the car, their owners, and the engineering that went into it. This was merely a reply to the "affording a Turbo S" portion lol.
The manual GT3 exists for a reason .

Last edited by racebannon; 06-29-2022 at 01:11 AM.
M3Inline6 (06-29-2022)
Old 06-29-2022, 02:27 AM
M3Inline6
Drifting

Received 1,797 Likes on 971 Posts

Originally Posted by racebannon
Until the Turbo/Turbo S are available in a manual, there are DROVES of current/future 911 owners that simply will not entertain the idea of purchasing a Turbo/S.
If I am out of turn speaking for other people, my apologies.
Don't get me wrong, the Turbo cars are absolute marvels of engineering...not saying the above to denigrate the car, their owners, and the engineering that went into it. This was merely a reply to the "affording a Turbo S" portion lol.
The manual GT3 exists for a reason .
Agreed!

Quick Reply: Anyone Move from 992 S to GTS ?