Sponsored by:

Dream Build

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2022, 02:54 PM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Received 1,800 Likes on 947 Posts
Default Dream Build

Why? Why not. It's about $50k over my actual build, not withstanding any current ADM, and I am not currently considering replacing my car with this.

But there are some options I think I would love to add.

Here's the build: http://www.porsche-code.com/PN5BWZA1

1. First and foremost would be the Exclusive Manufaktur interior with deviated stitching.
2. And the Aerokit.
3. PCCBs would be negotiable. But for a dream build, I would if I could. Though I would also ditch them if I needed to for some other options if I had to cut.

Post your dream build and what makes it different from what you have or could get. And let's keep Sport Classic or options not available on a model out of it.

I know for some it's the Targa they couldn't get an allocation for. Or options they realized they would like but didn't get.
Even on my current car, I would have liked to get Leather visors, Race-Tex roof liner, and Chalk seat belts to tie the interior together better.

Flame away!

The following users liked this post:
Schwarz992C4S (04-26-2023)
Old 05-19-2022, 03:31 PM
Tobeit
Rennlist Member

Received 1,462 Likes on 728 Posts

Nice build...not entirely my preference. But because I see it here with a similar car here is what happened to me. 2 weeks after I bought my 992 used another used one came up at my dealer...literally my "wanted" spec while I did make some compromises on the one I bought. The one that came was also a C2S, chalk, with the red hood stripe, had full leather, 18 way seats, chalk stitching, chrono, premium and sport package, PDK, all the assistance (ACC, LCA, LKA) etc...and already had the acra exhaust installed. All with 6k miles and 152k (2021). I hated myself for a moment.
Old 05-19-2022, 04:44 PM
3rdpedal
Rennlist Member

Received 1,800 Likes on 947 Posts

Originally Posted by Tobeit
Nice build...not entirely my preference. But because I see it here with a similar car here is what happened to me. 2 weeks after I bought my 992 used another used one came up at my dealer...literally my "wanted" spec while I did make some compromises on the one I bought. The one that came was also a C2S, chalk, with the red hood stripe, had full leather, 18 way seats, chalk stitching, chrono, premium and sport package, PDK, all the assistance (ACC, LCA, LKA) etc...and already had the acra exhaust installed. All with 6k miles and 152k (2021). I hated myself for a moment.
I built mine the way I wanted it and love the Gentian Blue. I would have done Chalk interior if it came with Black but they only pair it with Slate. In the Exclusive Manufaktur interior I would get the black and the chalk and get the look I really like regardless of the exterior. I also added deviated stitching in guards red, which against the chalk interior I think would look quite sharp and unique. But there are other changes like the Aerokit, which is not a must have, etc. that I added here. But not only did it not occur to me when I did my build to do some of those things, I never would have spend that $$. I was sub-$140k. And yet I have a pretty well flushed out build.

Actual build: http://www.porsche-code.com/PN5NDFI2
Old 04-26-2023, 09:02 PM
KingMota
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Wrong thread deleted

Last edited by KingMota; 04-27-2023 at 07:36 PM.
Old 04-26-2023, 10:42 PM
gthal
Pro

Received 537 Likes on 203 Posts

Really like your build.

I was lucky and got my dream build... GTS, Gentian Blue, Aero Kit in Gloss Black, 7MT, 18 way seats, Carbon interior, Race-tex roof, visors and pillars, black leather interior with speed blue deviated stitching, sunroof, RAS, FAL, no badging (cleaner). I was fortunate enough to be able to tick the box on everything I wanted. I spent hours debating options to manage the price of the car until one night my wife said "if you are spending this much money, just get what you want!" So I did

Getting the aero kit was a bit hit or miss for a bit but, again, lucked out and got it. Nothing I would change about the car.

Last edited by gthal; 04-26-2023 at 10:45 PM.
Old 04-26-2023, 11:10 PM
Dream in PTS
Burning Brakes

Received 1,006 Likes on 466 Posts

My dream build would have to have the unobtanium bucket seats. 🤤
The following users liked this post:
cwbrown (04-27-2023)
Old 04-26-2023, 11:58 PM
alin2
Burning Brakes

Received 574 Likes on 264 Posts

My dream build: GT3 Touring in PTS South Sea Blue Metallic now that gemini blue is not available.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PRPJYJQ5
Old 04-27-2023, 12:40 AM
unskirted
Instructor

Received 100 Likes on 25 Posts

I ended up purchasing my dream build. '22 GTS fully optioned at 200k. About 50k+ in options heh....

Quick Reply: Dream Build