Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Targa 4S: which color to get?! Help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2022 | 05:36 PM
Jeff4598
Advanced

Originally Posted by 3rdpedal
I think they make most cars look ghetto, cheap, and overall lower the look. Personally I find the aesthetics of a black wheel horrible. I do like wheels with a polished silver face and some black elements in between to give structure and depth. My XC90 wheels are like that. The Exclusive wheels look better with the addition of black to make the silver parts pop and they look overall better that way. But I think the fad of black wheels is over, and overdone, like people who still pick Carbon Fiber trim. I think that too is a bit overdone and passe. And every time I see pics of someone new 992 or a build sheet with black wheels I just move on. Maybe that is my taste, but to me I see it as others lack of. If you like them, that's your prerogative.
"ghetto" right uop there with "ricer"- I'm sure you live in a wealth ghetto!
The following users liked this post:
Go Bruins (05-15-2022)
Old 05-14-2022 | 11:57 PM
Drew46
Drifting

Originally Posted by Carreralicious
How about Gentian Blue though? Isn’t that still available? I’m biased though, as I’m a sucker for blue and tan…

I actually love it but don't think it really is a typical "dark blue" and isn't similar to the blue in your picture. It has much more purple in it. I was not implying that there are not some great choices, just responding to your assertion that one should choose red, light blue, dark blue or a green (other than AG).

Last edited by Drew46; 05-14-2022 at 11:59 PM.
Carreralicious (05-15-2022)
Old 09-27-2022 | 03:54 AM
Bully74
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Uncle_2002
100% agree. Pick a metallic color unless going with a turbo which has more lines and contrast for a flat colour!
will a flat color like Albert Blue would work on a Targa GTS?
Old 09-27-2022 | 04:28 AM
Marcha
Instructor

Originally Posted by Dan Nagy
The chalk will show off the SportDesign package the best. The black would look awesome, but the SportDesign package would not be as noticeable. I had Aventurine Green on my 992 C2S and have pushed it down on my list.

I was hot to design one with the black Targa bar, but the silver bar is so classic. I hadn’t considered it, but my SA said he would love to see somebody build a guards red Targa with silver rims and bar. It’s on my list.

I also considered doing gray like this one. The SportDesign package makes no sense to me on dark colors.

I have really enjoyed Shark Blue on my Boxster GTS 4.0, so this is in the running, too.

Good luck with your decision!
I see a lot of both the yellow and shark blue Targas with the black roll hoop and black wheels and personally I always think they look awful and a bit odd. I don’t like them at all but I think that Shark Blue looks lovely with the Silver Aluminium finish roll hoop and silver wheels and I’m not even such a fan of shark blue. The red and silver looks good too. Much better than red and black.
The Targa looks so much better with the silver combo whichever colour is chosen in my opinion.

Anyway, if it’s a “forever car” it makes no sense to choose a colour considering “resale values” as you seem to be doing. No logic in that. Just choose what you like.
Dan Nagy (09-27-2022)
Old 10-06-2022 | 01:23 AM
TikiLou
Rennlist Member

Of those, I would also choose Aventurine Green Metallic. Porsche really needs to bring back Mamba Green Metallic, or they need some other lighter metallic green available for the 911 and 718. Even all the PTS metallic greens are so dark.
Old 10-06-2022 | 09:37 AM
ImpeachS
Instructor

I was at a Porsche dealer recently and saw a Cayenne in Arctic Gray. I had no idea how blue that color is. On the configurator this color appears totally gray with no hint of blue. Does anyone have an Arctic Gray Targa with silver bars which is what I am considering. Thank you.

Quick Reply: Targa 4S: which color to get?! Help!