Sponsored by:

SOS CALL FUNCTION ERROR

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2022, 08:26 AM
Chipforbogey
AutoX

Received 19 Likes on 5 Posts
Default SOS CALL FUNCTION ERROR

Is there a way to clear a “sos call function error” without visiting a dealer? I live about a 100 miles from the closest dealer and I’d sure like to avoid the trip, if possible. Many thanks for the advice!
Old 05-09-2022, 08:53 AM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 8,099 Likes on 2,995 Posts

Originally Posted by Chipforbogey
Is there a way to clear a “sos call function error” without visiting a dealer? I live about a 100 miles from the closest dealer and I’d sure like to avoid the trip, if possible. Many thanks for the advice!
If you're only 100 miles from the closest dealer, you are closer than many RennListers. Make an appointment and do the drive. Classic warranty item and you'll want them to take a peak if there's a bigger issue.
Old 05-09-2022, 05:56 PM
RRich
Racer

Received 282 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Chipforbogey
I had that error just the other day. Tried turning the car off and restarting, but still had the error message. Finally went away after sitting overnight. I get a fair number of error messages that go away after turning the car off, and restarting. A little concerned as the frequency of errors or atypical PCM behavior seems to be increasing after only 6 months and 7k miles.
Old 05-09-2022, 06:21 PM
Stanley Rous
Advanced

Received 91 Likes on 30 Posts

I’ve also had this error recently. Lasted a few days (maybe five) and then disappeared.
Old 05-11-2022, 10:42 PM
dmacker
Advanced

Received 117 Likes on 35 Posts

Damn you!! I read this post last night and guess what I saw for the first time when I started my car this morning? For real…. SOS call function error! I’m at 2200 miles. It was there all day, but I’m happy to report on my last trip home today it was gone.

Tomorrow’s another day, lol.
Old 05-12-2022, 02:03 AM
philghill
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 44 Posts

I had the same SOS call function error message. Tried turning the car off and starting again a few times that day/night and it was still there BUT sometime the next night it was gone. When I first saw the message, it was 3 weeks from picking up the car at the dealer (brand new) and as I'm sure is the case with others it wasn't a very pleasant feeling, but have to keep reminding myself in the grand scheme of things, no big deal. The interesting thing, and I have no idea if this is somehow connected or not, but the power in our area went out probably 10-15 minutes before I started getting the error. Probably just a coincidence.
Old 10-05-2022, 07:48 PM
JKMD
Intermediate

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

SOS error message stayed for a couple of weeks then disappeared after not driving for two days.
Old 10-06-2022, 10:00 AM
Go Bruins
Rennlist Member

Received 572 Likes on 256 Posts

I had the same error for a couple of days. It was annoying. Then I washed my car. And the error went away. The car was not particularly dirty, but I had done a couple of long drive, and it had been a couple of weeks between washes.
Old 10-08-2022, 01:18 AM
A Nonce
Instructor

Received 180 Likes on 68 Posts
Question

Same exact thing happened to me in early July & has not resolved itself yet despite at least ~1k miles driven since then! Not only that but there are couple more symptoms for me:
  • The My Porsche app can't contact the car anymore.
  • The built-in time in the car is not correct. It's off by ~30s.
  • The reported GPS location inside the car is way off (~100mi) & not is connecting to any satellites.

Car is a 2021 w/ PCM5.

Oddly, in-car Porsche Connect still works (pulls in Google Maps, radio, etc)

Dealer couldn't figure it out too and opted to replace some module (I think the GPS). Unfortunately Porsche lost the part so we are still waiting for a replacement. Will try to remember to update the thread when the situation gets resolved.

Certainly suspicious that a bunch of people experienced the same issue all of a sudden?!

Last edited by A Nonce; 10-08-2022 at 01:20 AM.
Old 10-08-2022, 10:54 AM
JRoach
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

FYI, other models and VW brands seem to have this bug.

This seem to work for some but it’s not a fix, just clears the message for those of us that it drives nuts.

https://www.wheelsjoint.com/vw-golf-...rvice-vehicle/

Quick Reply: SOS CALL FUNCTION ERROR